Brotsky 26-Jan-17
Lee 26-Jan-17
spike78 26-Jan-17
Ridge Ghost 27-Jan-17
Animal Killer 27-Jan-17
WV Mountaineer 27-Jan-17
26-Jan-17
All,

Looking to buy a used Elite. I'm a lefty with a 26.5" draw. I have a buddy that shoots an Elite that was telling me you pick up a .25 to 0.5 inch increase in draw due to the riser design. If this is true it opens up a ton of bows to me as far as used ones go. The Synergy and the Energy 35 to name two that I am looking at. The Energy needs a totally different cam and module below 27" which are dang near impossible to find used as it is so specific.

Thanks,

Lee

Ps - tough getting hold of these bows. Need to go try and shoot a 27" draw but closest dealer is well over an hour away.

26-Jan-17
Elite bows run dead on perfect when it comes to the bows listed draw length. It you shoot an AMO d.l. of 26.5, then get a bow with that d.l.

A person's dl is a another subject, and as we all know, can be a subjective variable. The trend the last few years has been to shoot a bit longer dl for various reasons, so you certainly can test a 27" dl, and you can always shorten your loop, etc.

26-Jan-17
26 1/2" is 26 1/2". I have a 26 1\2" DL and I've shot 4 different models of Elite's and their 26 1/2" is no different than the other dozen brands of bows I've shot through the years.

Don't fall into the trap that so many fall into. DO NOT shoot a DL that's too long. I'd love to try the Synergy as well, but unless my arms suddenly grow, it ain't going to happen. It's the price we pay for being vertically challenged! ;-)

EDIT: cambow and I must have been typing at the same time. His comment about a string loop brought up an option I never think about since I personally wouldn't shoot without one. However, if you don't use a string loop and rather just attach your release directly to the serving, that will gain you approx 1/2".

26-Jan-17
You can shorten the string on Elite bows to shorten the draw length without sacrificing any tune ability. You will loose about 3-5 pounds of peak draw weight is all.

I am a 27.25" DL person, and I buy a 28" 60# bow. I then order a shorter string to get me to 27.25". I end up with about 56# with both limbs bottomed out. Keeping the cables the correct length, and only changing the string does not affect let-off or valley, only the length of the power stroke.

26-Jan-17
My Synergy ran about 1/8" short in DL. I have a 29" Synergy and it draws 28 7/8". I'm actually thinking about getting 29.5" cams for it.

26-Jan-17
+1 for x-man. You also manipulate cam timing and tuning with the control cables on the Elite system so a little shorter string is not an issue.

26-Jan-17
Thanks for the comments fellas!

Lee

26-Jan-17
My 26.5 Hunter is dead on at 26.5.

27-Jan-17
Lee, I bought an Elite Impulse 31 last year. Prior to owning the Elite, I was a 26.5" draw length with my Hoyt. After shooting the Elite in the shop, the 27" draw on the Elite felt very similar to a 26.5" Hoyt for whatever reason, so I went with the 27". It fits me perfectly.

I would always advocate that you shoot your correct draw length rather than stretching it and compromising form in order to gain speed. That said, I thought it was interesting how bows from different manufacturers could vary in how they fit. There's a good chance that your friend is right and a 27" would fit you, but it's tough to know for sure until you actually draw one back and see for yourself.

27-Jan-17
most of the elites that come in are 1/8 to 1/4 inch long. Most of our customers that have shot a hoyt we bump up to the next half inch because they are really close to the said draw length of the bow. If you need a 27.5 id look at a 28 if you have shoot other bows in the past.

27-Jan-17
Whatever you do, do not shoot a DL that is just slightly long. God Bless

• Sitka Gear