darralld 02-Feb-17
BOWUNTR 02-Feb-17
Rock 02-Feb-17
GaryB@Home 02-Feb-17
Scrappy 02-Feb-17
darralld 03-Feb-17
Tracker 03-Feb-17
27-Jan-17
I have a double bull blind T5 model. One of the best blinds ever made in my opinion. The blind is getting up there in age and it seems the material is starting to wear out.

I contacted primos (bought double bull) and asked if they warranty it and they said only for parts, but materials is not covered under warranty. They suggest buy a new blind...but I don't like the new blind of today!! Haha

Anyone got any ideas?

I was thinking maybe is possible to find material and sew it over the material to strengthen it or something

27-Jan-17
That's what I would try. Try to find some material with the same thickness, and sew it on the inside. I'm in the same boat, I have a T-5 that I sent to DB years ago and had the BS-5 window put in it. I don't care for their new blinds.

27-Jan-17
If the material is deteriorating I wonder if sewing would just cause more issues? Would an iron on patch be a better option?

27-Jan-17
Seat tape

27-Jan-17
If you could get the material, I'll bet an upholstery or canvas shop could make you a new cover. What was the T-5 ? I may have a slightly used one I would sell.

27-Jan-17

Ermine's embedded Photo
Here is a T5
Ermine's embedded Photo
Here is a T5
Yea wonder if I could find material?

The T5. Had the small port windows

27-Jan-17
Drycreek, if he doesn't want it I'd love it!

27-Jan-17
There is a material sold that you can spray on and it is some sort of plasticky type thing. I remember seeing it on a fishing forum where guys were wondering what they could re-coat their fishing tents in. For those of you who don't ice fish, ice fishing tents are essentially the same as pop up ground blinds. Maybe give that product a search.

I think it was called Flex Seal or Plasti Dip or something.

27-Jan-17
I sent in a Matrix this year that needed some material repairs. It wasn't covered by warranty, but they fixed it for me and I only paid a modest price....probably no more than if I had bought the material to fix it myself.

27-Jan-17
Yea I contacted them and they said there is nothing they can do for old material. Said when material gets old and "dry rot". I'm out of luck

27-Jan-17
By the time you buy the material, sew it to really last, include the pockets for the rods, etc, you'd probably do just as well to shop for a used one in good shape on eBay....or Bowsite....(isn't that right, Eyad?...lol)

27-Jan-17
YouR probably right about that Jake

27-Jan-17
Nick, I'll have to look at mine and see. I haven't used it since it ought the Matrix 360. I seem to remember that it looked like the one pictured but had a big window on one side.

27-Jan-17
T5 was a great blind. I have a Matrix 360 but I wish I had the Dark horse. Those 3 are my favorite DB blinds with the Darkhorse my #1.

28-Jan-17
If you decide to patch it up, work it a section at a time and shoe- goo the seams together. No guarantee it will work and I sure wouldn't worry about what camo if any you put on. Personally I like pale grey but tan would work just as well.

Go for cheap, get signed up for coupons at JoAnn's fabrics. They have a lot of 50% off sales.

29-Jan-17

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Interesting, I have the original Double Bull T-2 (made in the USA) which I purchased in 2001 and other than the pattern fading, I have experienced no deterioration of the fabric. I use it for turkey and duck hunting where there the bottom is subject to the moisture and mud. I always dry it well and even wash it down prior to storing it away at the end of the season. I wonder if the original fabric is different then the fabric they use today as many of the blind today are made out of country..

PS, Pres, Trump is going the change that policy.

29-Jan-17
Got one of those too Paul. Killed my first archery gobbler out of that blind and came damn close to what would have been my best WT buck if he would have stopped chasing that doe long enough !

31-Jan-17
I just picked up a barely used T5 off of Craig's list yesterday for $225. I think it had been used twice. Looks brand new. Way better blind IMO than my other 2 Double bulls.

31-Jan-17
Ermine, If you decide to sew or glue new cloth on your Blind I can possibly be a source of cloth as I have a bunch left over from when I was building Blinds. Some Tri-Blend, Ripstop, Packcloth and 3-D leafy cloth in various camo patterns.

31-Jan-17
Drycreek, If Ermine or Nick don't want your T-5, I do! It is my favorite of several blinds and I have been hoping to get another.

31-Jan-17
I too like my two Darkhorse blinds but the Bears liked them more. Both have been totally demolished. First one was my fault as I left it out. The second one was destroyed last spring while we left it for 10 mins to track a bear my friend shot.

02-Feb-17
if the bad spots are less than 5 x 5 inches or so then a camo iron on patch will work good.

02-Feb-17
I would probably try using some spray cement to put the new material on.

02-Feb-17
Black iron on patch from the inside. They're cheap and work great. I have about ten on mine. Ed F

02-Feb-17
3M 77 spray on adhesive work good for glueing on patches also spray both peices then let it dry a few minute and stick them together. I always do this before I sew the patches down.

02-Feb-17
My DB Blind has a black interior that was sprayed on by the manufacturer, not sure an iron on would work on the inside of it.

02-Feb-17
If you find the material and are looking for someone to sew it together, I use an old time shoe repair shop. He has heavy duty sewing machines that can handle tougher material.

03-Feb-17
At my local Walmart in the craft section they have black patches with adhesive on them. About a 12" square, comes 2 per pack. That's what I use on the inside of my blind when I get a hole or rip. They work great. I believe they are made by Bondex. They are hanging with the jean patches & velcro. I always carry some with me during the season.

03-Feb-17
I have 4 of the original DB Blinds that are staying with me for sure. I had one that the rods were pushing thru on he ends. I took it to a place that makes boat covers. They sewed canvas on it and it has been good to go. I gave it to a friend that has used it for the last 3 years with no problem.

• Sitka Gear