kellyharris 28-Jan-17
kellyharris 28-Jan-17
kellyharris 28-Jan-17
LKH 28-Jan-17
kellyharris 28-Jan-17
27-Jan-17

kellyharris's embedded Photo
OK hunting across the street from where I grew up.

I was surprised to see a clean scrape walking in.

I found a dandy trail but unfortunately I don't have a lock on setup. I walked up past it and 45 yards by the Tompkins pond I saw another good trail.

This is true urban hunting so as easy as it can be up in the air where they are.

I'm tucked in a 10 acre parcel hunting where Morgan and I always hunt when we hunt on this property.

It's 16:45 so I have 1.5 hours to huntil this evening.

My goal is to be here tomorrow and Sunday as well.

Bou the selfie is for you brother

27-Jan-17
Don't freeze.

27-Jan-17
Good luck brother. I wish you well knowing you had a lot of emotional ups and downs with Morgan's treatments glad that you can have a few hours to yourself and unwind. Shoot straight!!

27-Jan-17
Looking good man!

27-Jan-17

27-Jan-17
No snow?

27-Jan-17
There was a 1/2 inch this.morning warmed up to 35 or 36

Possible snow Sunday I believe

27-Jan-17
Chris S hey thank you brother!!!

I will be honest between my wife and our two sons there is a common denominator of who is the favorite. It's for sure Morgan for the 4 of us!

As for the roller coaster not really we just know it's God's plan and we have to deal with it.

My entire family knows Jesus was forgiving but His Father was not! We cannot thank God enough and His Son Jesus enough.

I really appreciate your support/prayers/thoughts it means a ton to the Harris clan Bro!

Hopefully tomorrow morning I can get an opportunity?

At lunch I am headed to Menard to get ladder sticks and a stand to hang over that trail I found walking in today????

27-Jan-17
Good luck Kelly.

27-Jan-17
Good luck Kelly! Shoot straight!

28-Jan-17
Did you shoot that skunk?

28-Jan-17
They say skunk is a really good cover scent, but you need a strong enough dose to overcome a deer's keen olfactory senses. Best wishes in your woods retreat. Keep a running tally of the days (including your last hunt). This isn't a 'gotta mount everything' hunt is it?

28-Jan-17
Have fun!!

Good luck, Robb

28-Jan-17
Williamtell, lol no its not, that is the rule for our lease not anywhere else. I will be honest i doubt i will shoot a buck unless its something I would mount or so old its easy to tell its on the decline.

For some reason I am freezing my but off this morning . At 9am I'm gonna text me neighbor (he should be awake by then) and see if he has his summit vs. buying and setting up a stand. That way I can check out one or two trees.

I was trying to be quiet this morning and just as I am about to go thru the garage door I hear Morgan say good luck dad.

Lol she has spent the last 2.5 weeks sleeping on the couch to avoid the stairs as much as possible.

Did I tell you guys I'm freezing lol. At least the sun us coming up and there are no clouds so it will warm up soon!

28-Jan-17
Good luck. When does your season close?

28-Jan-17

OK I'm hungry, and cold!

I saw 5 doe but they were across the pond I am hunting next to.

They came up from that trail I found yesterday.

Our Archery season always starts the last Saturday of September and ends the first Sunday of February.

My old neighbor got this photo earlier and I am hoping he strolls along!

28-Jan-17
OK back at it.

It's 3:22 and I was hoping to get back by 2pm

My battery died I'm my truck. I guess this morning I left the dome light on and didn't realize it this afternoon.

So I drove Michele Jeep back over here. She jokingly asked what if I need to go somewhere I said take the Harley!

I gave Morgan a kiss goodbye and she said good luck I sarcasticly said (LUCK! I don't need any luck) She said yes you do so Mr. Benson quits teasing you!

Lol she giggled and said Dad you do realize that I am the last person to put anything in the freezer in this house don't you!!!

Well it's around 42 degrees so it's a mild day in the stand.

28-Jan-17
Doe at 50 yards was heading straight this way and just stopped and bedded down?

28-Jan-17
He shoots, he scores!!!!

Oops someone else because I just missed a doe.

I judged at 29 yards and just walked it off and she was actually at 36 yards.

I just literally climbed back in my stand and here comes a doe from another direction walking at a good speed and walks directly below my stand????

Lmao no time to even gethe setup.

28-Jan-17
WOW, 2 more this time they came from behind me about 20 yards to my left. Right up the bottom of the creek bed. And there is another one across the pond.

This place is infested lol

28-Jan-17

28-Jan-17
Nights over I saw 6 deer in the front of my mom's neighbors house as I was leaving.

Back at it tomorrow morning

28-Jan-17
U have both buck and doe tags or just a hair tag?

28-Jan-17
Larry I have a either sex tag.

Should have just bought the hair tag

• Sitka Gear