Matt Palmquist 30-Jan-17
BOHNTR 30-Jan-17
MDW 30-Jan-17
Shug 30-Jan-17
TD 30-Jan-17
27-Jan-17
I know you can email them Pat

27-Jan-17
I always put the digital photos onto a cd and send them in with the score forms via mail. You can also email the photos and score forms. They do like having the forms mailed because it has both sides of the completed form on one sheet of paper.

Since you still need to send a check, you can send the signed forms with them.

27-Jan-17
Side track, scoresheets from a couple years ago....any time limit on submissions?

27-Jan-17
Zack answered it. You can email them to [email protected]. Make sure you put the hunters name, species and score in the email title. There's no time limit, just make sure the entry is complete. Ed F

28-Jan-17
Pat, It surprises me that you have the filled out forms. guess I do it differently, I send the forms in myself as part of the process for the hunter. I also just print out the pics on a standard printer and send it in the package.

bill v,

28-Jan-17
Yes bill v, measurers shouldn't be giving out completed score sheets... but some still do. We end up with entries in limbo or not submitted at all, wasting the measurers volunteer time. P&Y discourages measurers handing out completed score sheets but do not have a policy against it.

I also should point out that score forms/Fair Chase forms cannot be emailed, they have to be mailed. P&Y is only accepting emailed photos. Hopefully soon P&Y will have a 100% electronic entry option... Ed F

29-Jan-17
What I do Ed is: I make a complete copy of the entry and mail that to the hunter at the same time I send the original to P&Y. I think the hunters like that.

Bill V

29-Jan-17
Ed, That is different than what I have been doing all along. I get the completed forms with required signatures. Combine them with my photos and check and send them to the office. That way it’s all in one package.

On the rare occasion I have something scored in another location, when my animal is at a taxidermist out of the state of Alaska, the scorer seems to always want to keep the score sheets. That results in separate submissions to the office. It has always worked out, but it does seem a bit convoluted to me. Do you recommend I send the check and field photo to the scorer? Should the scorer also take the antler/skull photos?

29-Jan-17
Yes, the correct way is for the measurer to gather all the materials and send it in. Bill v is doing it right... If the completed score form is given to the hunter there is the likelihood that the entry will not be submitted. Bob, there's no doubt that if you are given a score sheet, you'll complete the entry and send it in but unfortunately a lot don't. A volunteer measurers time is valuable... Like I mentioned, it's not a policy and I understand that it's done. I'm fine with whatever works to get the entry submitted. Ed F

29-Jan-17
When someone calls me to get something scored I tell them what I need for them to bring with them so that I can collect everything when I score it. I then send it in once I have 2-4 entries ready to submit (usually a week or so). Occasionally (but rarely) I will give the hunter the score form if it is someone like Bob who I know will send it in.

Some guy's just want a score and the form which is find but I tell them that if I am taking my time to measure it they have to enter it if it meets the minimum score. The measures time is valuable to him and I pay the postage out of our own pockets to send everything in.

29-Jan-17
I didn't know this. I guess we can all learn something new. I've been doing it wrong for a long time. I'll change and make the scorer incur postage expense from now on.

29-Jan-17
It is ok to be reimbursed from the hunter for the cost of postage. I do ask guys ahead of time to join P&Y or UBP or a donation to an Org. for my service if they're animal doesn't make the book, Most are more then happy to do so.

Bill V

29-Jan-17
They can pay the postage. I always include an extra $100 per entry as a Trust Fund Donation.

29-Jan-17
Not to hijack Pats thread but Im having issues with my moose submission. First let me say I wasnt aware you could email photos. That would have been nice to know.

I got my moose scored by a local measure. I had already gone and gotten the required pictures printed. My scorer looked at them and said they were good, filled out all my paperwork, gave it to me, and I mailed it.

Couple weeks later I get a package. I was thinking wow that was fast! Open it up and it's my complete submission back. With a note saying they need more pictures of some of the points. Frustrating but ok. Its very difficult to take great pictures of a moose rack because of its size. In order to take pictures I hung it up. I proceed to take the pictures they requested and go back to the store to print them. Package the submittal back up and mail it.

A month later another package. Thinking great the certificate. Nope! It's the complete submission again this time asking for measurements of a couple points. By now Im a tad frustrated. Hanging this moose took me and the lady hanging off two ladders. I was happy we didn't drop it or fall ourselves. In order to measure these we've gotta pull it off the wall.

I wanted to make sure to get them everything they needed so I called them. I mean did they expect me to measure these? Turns out it was supposed to go back to the measurer not me. Ok understandable. The lady apologizes and asks me to get with the measurer and show her the stuff I got back.

A little while later I get a call from the director of records (cant remember his name). He continues to tell me about lots of errors by measurers etc etc etc. I tell him a simple phone call to explain what they wanted the first time could have avoided a lot of headaches. We end the phone call with him telling me he was going to get with my measurer to work this out and he assured me he'd get back to me by the end of the week. That was two weeks ago. I also sent a note to my measurer with pictures of the returned stuff. They were going to look into and see what they had for records. Haven't heard back from them either.

Great club no doubt but seems like there is a bit of a disconnect on what is expected of the measurers.

29-Jan-17
Kinda hijacked... JayZ, I've already sent a request to look into this. I will get back to you as soon as I find out. Ed F

30-Jan-17
I've been in touch with Joe Bell & Ed Fanchin. They are very busy getting things in order for the upcoming Panel Measuring Event, so that might delay responses.

30-Jan-17
I would love if the measurer wanted to take the time to put the packet together and pay postage, etc. I have always received my score sheets and mailed the packet in myself like Bob is doing.

Matt

30-Jan-17
Bring your next one to me, Matt! :)

30-Jan-17
Matt, I'm guilty of doing it both ways, If I'm sure the hunter will send it in, I give everything to them. Will TRY to change my ways.

30-Jan-17
Pat made a funny....

30-Jan-17
Must be one well hung moose......

• Sitka Gear