stick n string 29-Jan-17
shawnm 29-Jan-17
28-Jan-17
2:28 PM LIVE from Ct*

shawnm's MOBILE embedded Photo
shawnm's MOBILE embedded Photo

Hunting

28-Jan-17
This is it!!! My last hunt of the year. I went out yesterday but didn't post it live because I noticed a huge drop in my followers. Probably because not that many people are on the site anymore. Well I'm posting this one for all my loyal followers. You guys have helped, guided and aided me in so many ways this year. I cant say it enough how much I appreciate your guys support. It's helped me tremendously this year. And it was really cool you were all along for the ride for my first buck. What an amazing year, adventure and memories ill have forever. Thanks to all my followers and especially my extreme loyal followers. Thanks guys!!!!

28-Jan-17
Giving the skidder a go.. Its a little windy but not bad.. Really warm. Its 43 where I'm at

28-Jan-17
Good luck bud, wish I was out. My day yesterday was insane. Saw close to 20 deer, including 6 bucks. I had 5 bucks chasing 7 does at the same time and then 2 bucks going at it. More action than I had in November. Hoping the same for you today.

28-Jan-17
Did u take any Silverado??

28-Jan-17
Nothing closer than 45 yds. It was pretty windy yesterday. I'll be back at it tommorow afternoon until the end. I'm hoping to still make something happen. How are you making out?

28-Jan-17
Nothing yet.. Think I heard something coming down wind but couldn't quite make it out

28-Jan-17
4:03 PM LIVE from Ct*
Hunting

28-Jan-17
Good luck. Close out the chapter on a high note. I'm kinda out hunting. My kid has photography as an elective this semester and needs 6 pictures. So naturally we put on some camo and headed to our double stand. Were hoping to get a pic of a piebold squirrel we've seen all season. Wouldn't you know, after seeing them all season not one is out. O well maybe some deer will come out to play. Good luck

28-Jan-17
Weeeeeell how'd you make out...ive been napping on off since I got out of work...

28-Jan-17
Must be dragging out......

28-Jan-17
I wish.. Notta .. Nothing at all!! This January hunting has been terrible. Last buck in front of me was in early December.

28-Jan-17
That stinks. Surely can't say that you didn't give it a go. Thank you for bringing us along. I was thinking today that it seems like no one really connects during January. My buddy always says late October and November, forget the rest. He just calls it as he sees it. He's usually right lol

28-Jan-17
Thx for taking us along!

28-Jan-17
Way to keep at it!

28-Jan-17
Appeciate u taking the time. Get urself a climber, and get in earlier next year and i look forward to several blood trails!!!

29-Jan-17
Thanks for all the updates! Climbing tree stand has been my best friend in hunting for years. Very versatile and deer have trouble patterning you if your hunting the same parcel a lot. Summit Goliath is what I use. Have 3 of them so I can leave some on different parcels so it takes the noise away from setting them up and walking in with them. Good luck and September will be here before we know it!

29-Jan-17
Thanks for all the updates! Climbing tree stand has been my best friend in hunting for years. Very versatile and deer have trouble patterning you if your hunting the same parcel a lot. Summit Goliath is what I use. Have 3 of them so I can leave some on different parcels so it takes the noise away from setting them up and walking in with them. Good luck and September will be here before we know it!

29-Jan-17

shawnm's embedded Photo
shawnm's embedded Photo
shawnm's embedded Photo
shawnm's embedded Photo
O ya I'm absolutely getting a climber. I'm actually buying one off of bloodtrail to. Next year its all September late Oct and November. Come Dec 15"I wont hunt again. I learned a lot this year. I always thought it was just getting out and hunting and boy is there way more to it than that. As much as I love hunting the mid December to now has deflated me. Not even one pic of a buck in the daytime and only rare sightings. I did have that beautiful 8 come in front of me but with my old bow he was just out of range. Saw that huge 6 chasing that doe and I jumped him another day from his bedding. But during the rut I seen more bucks in one day than the rest of the year. After my big buck I slacked off which I really regret. If I would of gotten back out strong I would of absolutely connected again. I cant let the last month dictate my season. I had a phenomenal season and especially it being my first... Think about all the buck down threads we used to see compared to now!! Thanks once again guys for following me and helping me through my first season!

29-Jan-17
Soap dish, your buddy has it all wrong. The deer are still there, you just have to find them. Guys who say it's useless to hunt late season are the guys who don't even go out. I killed deer Dec 10, 26, and Jan 21. I've killed lots of deer after Christmas. The real truth is that most guys don't know how to deal with the cold temps, so they make excuses about why it's no good hunting late season.

29-Jan-17
That's not my case.. So y do u think I'm not seeing much or connecting?

29-Jan-17
Get in well before the deer. Get up a tree. Dont move/leave ur spot until after dark. Do those couple things a lil different and it will pay off. Not everytime, but thats hunting.... You enjoy hunting, thats the most important thing. But a couple little changes and you can do more Killin. You found some great spots scouting late this season, get in and hunt them next year when they start getting active.

29-Jan-17
I've been in early almost every morning hunt I go on. I truly think its due to the cold and it being after the rut the deer completely change from rutting movement to strictly survival movement.

• Sitka Gear