Shaft 29-Jan-17
CHASE105 29-Jan-17
Skip72 29-Jan-17
29-Jan-17

CHASE105's embedded Photo
"Hunters Prayer"
CHASE105's embedded Photo
"Hunters Prayer"
I just finished a painting of a buck I shot about 10 years ago. I can remember saying a prayer as I watched him walk slowly away with blood trickling down his off leg. I would like to include a hunters prayer on the back of the canvas. If you have a good one please post it here.

Thanks G.

29-Jan-17
Deer hunters prayer « on: Nov 25, 08, 11:35:12 PM » Thought some of you would like a copy of this!

"The Deer Hunters Prayer"

" Oh, Great Spirit, let your winds be gentle and your skies be heavy. Let there be a blanket of fresh snow to track the Antlered One....as did my forefathers. And grant that I find him with antlers like tree branches - wide and mighty. And grant that my hand be steady....my aim be true....and my drag, short. But most of all, O Great Spirit, grant that my children and their children's children have the wisdom to preserve your work in the forests, fields and streams....... So that they too can one day hunt the Antlered One.....in the footsteps of their forefathers.

29-Jan-17
I bet there is a perfect Bible verse for this.

29-Jan-17
That's a beautiful painting, great work.

29-Jan-17
Just an idea, not a prayer, but the lyrics to that Ted Nugent song about Fred Bear, "Spirit of the Wild"

29-Jan-17
Very nice, watercolor isn't easy to get that results in detail.

29-Jan-17
A simple one that is one of my favorites:

Genesis 27:3 "Now then, please take your gear, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me"

29-Jan-17
Arrownocker82; the painting is oil on canvas, 16 X 40 inches. As with any painting the internet is not a friend.

Thanks for the prayer suggestions guys.

29-Jan-17
George: Good for you! Looks terrific! C

29-Jan-17
BTW, Chase, I wish I had the gift and talent. Very nice work!

This one is on the wall next to my bed:

"I pray that I may live to hunt Until my dying day. And when it comes to my last quest, I then most humbly pray: When in the Lord's encompassing aim and peacefully asleep, That in His mercy I be judged Worthy enough to keep."

29-Jan-17
Good choice treeline!......Genesis 27, verse 3.

29-Jan-17
Charlie R. It is 172 and change. If you ever want one of your cornfield monsters done keep me in mind.

I know I'm going to one paint one titled "Genesis 27, verse 3"

29-Jan-17
Almighty Father, guardian of the mountains, valleys, forests and plains, if it be thy will that today I take game, grant me a straight shot and a clean kill, if not, grant me a clean miss. Amen

• Sitka Gear