PAOH 29-Jan-17
Adventurewriter 30-Jan-17
Fuzzy 30-Jan-17
APauls 30-Jan-17
LKH 31-Jan-17
Ben 31-Jan-17
smd39 01-Feb-17
29-Jan-17
I have somebody who wants to sell me their 400 watt Cabelas Meat grinder...anyone here have any experience with it????

Thanks,

Ted

29-Jan-17
I have the 600 watt (1000 watt peak) that I bought this fall. It was around $120 on sale I believe (or maybe 120 regular and I paid $100). It will grind meat as fast as I can stuff it in there. Honestly, it dis so well I didn't trim the deer meat as close as times past and it turned out great. What sinews etc I left on it ground up plenty well enough to suit my wife and she can be picky about that. I have been very pleased with that grinder.

29-Jan-17
Thanks....Salagi.....

29-Jan-17
My 3/4 hp works great for the elk, moose, deer, bears anf sheep I've ground. Well worth the price which was more than mentioned above. No problems in 8 seasons of use. Still sharp and working as new.

29-Jan-17
Make sure the meat you intend to grind is stiffened up in freezer for an hour or two. This makes a huge difference

30-Jan-17
You know I borrowed a 1/2 horse Cableas grinder and it kicked major ass...think I am going to get tone of those....

30-Jan-17
I've had the 3/4 hp Cabelas grinder for >12 years, I've put probably a ton and a half of meat through it. no problems, love it.

30-Jan-17
My dad has one, I think it's either a 1/2 or 3/4hp unit. You can't stuff meat in there fast enough. I borrow it and do about 100lbs at a time. Whips through it so fast very impressive unit. Now that I have a quality vacuum packer, it's almost a joy to wrap ground because I know what the process used to be like...

31-Jan-17
I make sausage and while it may seem trivial, a grinder with a large feed opening is much better. Mainly in the second grind. With spices and other additives the smaller openings require using the ram too much. With a 2" opening you can tip in smaller lumps and it goes through without much effort. Just made 80# of polish and summer sausage.

31-Jan-17
I have the 1/2 hp also and it is a dream to use. Great on grinding and sausage stuffing. Used to take 2 people on sausage now I can do it by my self easily.

01-Feb-17
I have the 1/2 hp grinder and love it. As everyone else stated, grinds with ease, but is also a breeze to clean and maintain.

• Sitka Gear