Greybush's embedded Photo
2016 Southern Ontario Whitetail hunt
2016 Southern Ontario Whitetail hunt
Hey everyone, my name is Paul S Leaist (56ys) , I am from Hamilton Ontario Canada. I would like to thank the leather wallers fro helping me through a rough 3 years. In 3 years i have had 3 strokes and from that cannot work a steady job so that being said i am now retired. But from reading the leather wall has sparked a fire within me to keep shooting my long bow. My friends in Canada and Newy York have pushed me with love and drive, my son push with a big stick to get out last year, first night out this year got in our stands around 3 pm 10 ft up in the tree stand tied in and at 6 pm on the dot a nice mature deer poked his nose out from under my tree. As i kept my eye on him and my bow in my hand at the ready i noticed him starting to come out from under me to the edge of the field, and then started to trot broad side at 15 yards. My buddie Mike has always told me "if it feels good, shoot! dont doubt yourself" . As he started to trot i then pulled back my bow to hit my anchor, and then released. I remember my Lumenok flying through the air and then penetrating both lungs. he then took off 25 yards to the left of me and seen my arrow fall out. With that being said this whole time this is going on my son Scott was on his way out to meet up and get everything togther to come out, he heard branches and trees crashing so he had his bow at the ready, but he didnt see the deer just heard it. as he comes to the end of the field to meet me he notices my around in the field and im already looking around for and trace of blood or hair. we look at the arrow (aluminum) and notice it was bent about 3/4 the way up the shaft, but not broken. we then pick up the trace of blood and within 50 yards from my stand there he was laying in a bed of mash grass. i got so happy and proud with my self accomplishment and my perseverance with sticking to it and ending up with a freezer full of meat

Id like to say that size dosent matter with me and my boy's but to come together and have fun. thanks trad wallers.

ANYONE WITH HEALTH PROBLEMS OR HAVE HAD STROKES I WOULD LOVE TO TALK AND CONNECT WITH YOU

Paul .S. Leaist alius GreyBush.

31-Jan-17
Good for you Paul, way to stick with it, congrats on a great hunt and great perseverance!

31-Jan-17
A big congrats to you Paul!

31-Jan-17
Paul congratulations. I read your post and story on the Leatherwall. Glad you made it over here.

01-Feb-17
Too much work in the office will quickly weaken your blood vessels. You are one of the lucky ones who made it out of the rat race. Keep hunting and please keep sharing your adventures.

01-Feb-17
Way to go Paul congrats on a fine buck! I hope you have many more great hunts. Great story to be there with your son and enjoy it together

01-Feb-17
Awesome! Congrats Paul, from another southern Ontarian.....

01-Feb-17
Congrats man. God Bless

01-Feb-17
Thanks for posting your story! Best always! C

01-Feb-17
Yes sir.. loves reading it.. congrats and stick with it!

01-Feb-17
Way to go Paul..You persevered!! Keep shooting buddy,,,next season will be here before you know it! Fine buck...

01-Feb-17
Nice job Paul, way to get it done! Congrats on a nice buck and best wishes for a full recovery.

01-Feb-17
Way to go and stick with it to overcome the adversitites!

Congrats Paul!

Mark

01-Feb-17
Congrats, Paul. Tremendous accomplishment!

• Sitka Gear