Elk
Contributors to this thread:
tadams 01-Feb-17
JayZ 01-Feb-17
APauls 01-Feb-17
LKH 01-Feb-17
Charlie Rehor 01-Feb-17
01-Feb-17
Anyone know if you can bring elk meat and elk antlers into canada?? Getting mixed reviews, some guys saying horns need to be mounted before, some guys saying u.s killed animals are exempt.

01-Feb-17
I took frozen processed elk through Canada when I moved to Alaska in 2015. The border guy at the Canadian border didn't ask if we had any meat like that and I didn't volunteer the information. I'd have the license from the kill with you if you have it.

As far as horns, brains and the spinal column are a no-no when crossing some state lines so I'd assume the same going to Canada. Same as above if you have a license that couldn't hurt.

01-Feb-17
I know I brought a goat from Hawaii back into Canada with no issues. I did boil the head out in the condo we rented before coming home :) I can't say for sure if they were ever able to rent it again... :/

01-Feb-17
When I moved a bunch of AK trophies, I went through our customs to get the forms. Do it and you won't have needed them. Don't and for sure things will get messed up.

Meat is not an issue. Have a son living in Montreal and we regularly take meat and fish to him.

01-Feb-17
Send a Pm to BearTrack as he did that in 2015 and knows current border procedures well. Good Luck! C

• Sitka Gear