ohiohunter 02-Feb-17
cnelk 02-Feb-17
Bake 02-Feb-17
Russell 02-Feb-17
rooselk 02-Feb-17
Grunt-N-Gobble 02-Feb-17
Tajue17 03-Feb-17
02-Feb-17
so I'm buying a 5 yr old Mathews Heli-m,,, I need a nice reliable and tough hunting sight that will work good with this bow but what I want is a sight with the smallest and brightest pins and I want all the pins the same color, so maybe a special order sight.

I have 2 old compounds that have the original Vital Gear sights that bought new and chose the sights with all green pins I really like these sights ,, I don't want different color pins I'm used to all of them being green, and the smallest pin size.

what do you recommend, thanks T

02-Feb-17
Montana Black Gold. Go to their website and you can find what you want in their custom shop.

02-Feb-17
mbg x 2..

i have the cheapest optoon and love it.. rock solid

02-Feb-17
How old are you?

I know as I have gotten older, 'pin color matters'

Green is now the brightest for me

02-Feb-17
Mine are all green , easiest color for me to see .

02-Feb-17
What Brotsky said.

02-Feb-17
Montana Black Gold as well.....great site and they will customize for you

02-Feb-17
I'm 46 my eyes are already mess up, need glasses for driving at night,,,,, the color I want is green and the reason for the tiny pins is because they look a little blurry which actually makes them look a little bigger when I'm aiming,,,, if the pins are big or maybe normal size that fuzzy looking pin blurs out alot of the kill zone.

MBG it is I'm headed there now,,,, thanks for the posts!

02-Feb-17
Same color pins is a bad idea, it will lead to misses I am almost certain of that. It is easy to pick the wrong pin in the heat of the moment. Scooby

02-Feb-17
Black Gold makes a nice sight at a fair price......in the USA (Montana). You can get custom size/color pins direct from BG (blackgoldsights.com) or from customblackgoldsights.com (in WI). Then they order from BG.

I have used all 3 green pins for maybe 20 years with zero misses do to all the same color. Actually zero misses on a deer.

I have a old Vital Bow Gear and never seen pins as bright as those since. You might consider sticking with yours.

02-Feb-17

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
As stated above. I have the singe green pin. on the MG. Like it a lot. Paul

02-Feb-17
3 pins are easy to decipher compared to 5+, especially when the adrenaline is on high. I think trophy taker has a sight that is a 7pin sight; 3green, 1 red, 3green. Breaks it up enough to know where you're at.

Biology says men have a greater affinity to green and yellow fiber pins while women like red.

02-Feb-17
My experience has been women like gold and pink :)

02-Feb-17
Trophy Ridge has a sight that is 4 greens and one red. I have it. I like it, as I also like the vertical pins.

After many years though, I'm going to try something different. I ordered a Tommy Hogg 3 pin slider sight, and I ordered the gizmo to light the sights. I'd never used the light before, didn't even have it on my bow, until a recent hog hunt where I was sitting blinds, and it was VERY handy from a blind

We'll see if I like the new sight. Should get here Monday.

02-Feb-17
I use a five pin Black Gold sight. All green except the third pin, that one is red.

My practice routine is to ID range, draw, tell my self the distance, select pin, focus, pull through shot.

It's all about muscle memory and repetitiveness.

I call Black Gold and discussed a special order. They recommended to buy through a authorized dealer for a better deal.

You could buy a Black Gold sight used, send back to manufacture with note and they can change the pin colors. minor cost at most.

02-Feb-17
Sorry, to add to the echo. But I'm a Montana Black Gold fan as well. I had the local pro shop order mine with pins of alternating colors - three green, two yellow. After placing the special order the pro shot had it within a week (though the fact the MBG factory is only two hours away might have been a contributing factor to the quick delivery). In any event,I've had the sight for just over a year and absolutely love it.

02-Feb-17
Just about any of the good sight manufacturers will make you a custom site. Montana Black Gold Axcel Spotthog

Anyone of them will make what you want.

03-Feb-17
thanks again everyone It will be the Montana Black Gold,, others might be good too but I'm just a hunter..

as far as all the pins the same color, my previous compound a rival pro has the original Vital Gear with all green pins,,, never once did I pick the wrong pin.... however in the beginning I had a problem of hitting I think 2 feet to the right and 2' below what i was aiming at and thats from a treestand...... turns out I'm left eye dominant!!!! so when I aim in my sight picture I physically see 6 pins 3x3 side by side,, I need to pick the dimmest pins or the pins on the right or its a huge miss and huge is by feet not inches.

when I started and had a sight with different color pins, it was too confusing and just a pain in the butt and it looked like a christmas tree when aiming,,,,,, with pins all the same color I can think better and it makes me think more about the pins than what the deer is doing..

• Sitka Gear