Pyrannah 02-Feb-17
Ermine 02-Feb-17
Shrewski 02-Feb-17
Mule Power 03-Feb-17
Mule Power 03-Feb-17
killinstuff 03-Feb-17
'Ike' (Phone) 03-Feb-17
02-Feb-17
I have been in invited on a DIY spot and stalk mule deer hunt in November in Montana what Sitka gear/ layering set up you go with? I have never been so I have no idea what weather conditions could be. Thanks

02-Feb-17
damn cold id expect...

september weather nights hit in the single digits at 8000'

dont know about sitka gear.. good luck man

02-Feb-17
Core series for base layers. Puffy layer and then outer layer. Jetstream. Rain gear shell tool

02-Feb-17
Timberline pants with a core light or medium for the bottom half.

Top, I'd go with a core light and core heavyweight hoody, Kelvin vest and a jet stream.

You could take along a traverse shirt and a Kelvin light jacket to add and subtract to the mix and match and you could go from zero to 70 F. Like Ermine said, a set of rain gear would be a good call.

03-Feb-17
Ermie gave you some pretty good advice. But there will be more spotting than stalking so don't rule out building a fire. Seriously. Take some fire starter to make that easier. Might want to consider a Heater Body Suit too. Of course when you get there it'll be 60 degrees right. lol

03-Feb-17
Ermie gave you some pretty good advice. But there will be more spotting than stalking so don't rule out building a fire. Seriously. Take some fire starter to make that easier. Might want to consider a Heater Body Suit too. Of course when you get there it'll be 60 degrees right. lol

03-Feb-17
Depends on what part of November,where you'll be and how you're S&S hunting really. I was in eastern MT this past November (late November) and honestly.......all the deer hunting I saw going on was from a truck. Sure guys would get out of the truck if they saw deer but they sure weren't getting out of a warm truck to go looking for deer for to long. Enough said on that I guess. Any way it was 10 to 20 degrees in the mornings and by afternoon if the sun was out up to 30 to 40 degrees. But the wind never stops blowing and just chills you to the bone. The piece of Sitka gear I wear most, there and here in N MI is my fantastic vest. Stops the wind from getting to my core. Love that vest.

03-Feb-17

'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
Merino layers, then a Traverse or Cold Weather Hoodie and Windstopper Jacket....Timberline pants with either Merino or Traverse layer depending on level of activity...

Just back from a late hunt in AK with it getting down to -6/7 and I was good in this set up...

• Sitka Gear