Flynarrow 06-Feb-17
Mike the Carpenter 06-Feb-17
bigeasygator 06-Feb-17
wyobullshooter 06-Feb-17
midwest 06-Feb-17
Griz34 06-Feb-17
smarba 06-Feb-17
04-Feb-17
I barrowed some gaiters for my hunt last year and was impressed with how they kept my pants legs dry on those wet mornings. Now I'm interested in getting a pair of my own. I am looking for a pair that's quiet, lightweight , waterproof and very packable. Any suggestions?

05-Feb-17
I use Kuiu Yukon gaiters. They've been fantastic, absolutely no complaints.

05-Feb-17
I prefer KUIU as well.

05-Feb-17
I have Kuiu and firstlite gaiters....I prefer the kuiu.

05-Feb-17
KUIU here too.

05-Feb-17
Check out Kenetrek. Have had mine for 3 years now and they are still going strong. Great quality and won't break the bank.

05-Feb-17
I've only used KUIU but highly recommend them. I now consider gaiters an essential piece of gear for keeping my feet dry.

05-Feb-17
KUIU gators were a game changer for me. I wear them way more then I thought I would.

05-Feb-17
I like the Outdoor research crocs. I use OR flash gaiters for daily hunts. Keeps the stickers and grass and debris out of my socks.

The OR I wear when the weather turns real wet

05-Feb-17
OR have worked well for years for me.

05-Feb-17
I have kennetrek gaitors. And would recommend them.

05-Feb-17
I have Kennetrek and they work just fine (They were free with something I bought). No complaints other than I wouldn't take them off if you have animals close. No quiet way to undo Velcro!

05-Feb-17
Having used the Kenetrek, Kuiu, and OR, I prefer Kuiu for bowhunting. The OR are more durable but quite a bit louder. The Kenetrek are quiet but the design is marginal.

05-Feb-17
Sitka stormfrint gaiters have worked well for me, several years of hard use and they are still going strong

05-Feb-17
I had some Mountain Hardware gaiters for a few years, they worked well but I wore them out. I just picked up the Kuiu gaiters, I think they'll do just fine.

05-Feb-17
kuiu Yukon.

05-Feb-17
Kuiu

05-Feb-17
KUIU for me also

05-Feb-17
I'm with Trial...I like the zipper on the Sitka Stormfront gaiters better than the Velcro on the Kuiu.

06-Feb-17
KUIU for me also

06-Feb-17
Have Kennetreks now. Too warm for me. Going to try the Yukons next. Seems to me they are close to the same money.

06-Feb-17
Kuiu has two gaiters. Yukon and scree. Which one do folks like better?

06-Feb-17
I use the KUIU Yukon. They work great.

06-Feb-17

Mike the Carpenter's embedded Photo
Mike the Carpenter's embedded Photo
I too prefer the Kuiu.

06-Feb-17
Everyone that likes the Kuiu gaiters...any trick for making the velcro a little quieter? That was my biggest problem with them. Every time I stepped there seemed to be some noise coming from the velcro. Given how substantial the velcro is, it was pretty loud too. Any tricks or is it just something that gets better as the gaiters break in some?

06-Feb-17
Both KUIU and Kenetrek use velcro...can't speak for the others. The only time either has made "Velcro noise" is putting them on or taking them off. As long as the velcro's properly closed along the entire length, I can't imagine where your noise is coming from.

06-Feb-17
Take your time with the Velcro. Start at the bottom, get it aligned straight, and work your way to the top to make sure you don't have "wrinkles" or gaps. The gaps can cause noise when you start walking.

06-Feb-17
Mad Angler the skree gaiters are shorter than the Yukons so it really depends what you are using them for. I use the skree gaiters on antelope and early season mule deer hunts when it's dry just to keep stuff out of my boots. I use the Yukon gaiters when I'm walking in snow or when the brush is wet to keep my pants dry and water or snow from going down my boots.

06-Feb-17
Sitka has added/revamped their gaiters for 2017.

The Thunderhead Gaiter is an ultra quiet w/ center zipper (not velcro) and Goretex.

The Ascent Gaiter is a light & fast gaiter for keeping weed seeds at bay.

• Sitka Gear