jstephens61 12-Feb-17
Kevin™ ???? 12-Feb-17
Scar Finga 13-Feb-17
Kevin™ ???? 13-Feb-17
Scar Finga 13-Feb-17
Beendare 15-Feb-17
KJC 15-Feb-17
06-Feb-17
So I am looking at the Plano parallel limb bow case... I will use this for airline travel. Does anyone have any experience with this case and flying?

Thank you and God Bless,

Scar.

06-Feb-17
For air travel I would look into a SKB case.

06-Feb-17
I use plano cases exclusively now, and I've had no issues or complaints. I fly with them on a regular basis.

06-Feb-17
Gary,

I am also looking at the SKB, they are great cases! However, if the Plano will work for 3 or 4 trips and it's I/4 the cost, I would probably buy that one and save myself 200.00 bucks. I was wondering if anyone has had one fail.

Thank you,

Scar.

06-Feb-17
Scar, check out Bass Pro, I believe they carry Plano and they also have a SKB to compare them side by side.

06-Feb-17
go skb i series plano is junk

06-Feb-17
I have had one for about 5 years, it is sufficient after flying on 3 hunts and countless use around home, no issues to report. Not sure it's fair to call it junk next to the SKB which are a whole different price class. The hinges and latches are a bit cheap but if you done abuse them they should hold up to every day use. I always pack a few extra clothes in with the case and added some foam around my sight for a bit of extra padding.

06-Feb-17
I go for non-discreet! My travel bow case does not let on what's inside:) SKB makes some nice ones!

06-Feb-17

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Charlie?

06-Feb-17
Scar - I have a Plano bow case and travel quite a bit with it. The case has 4 latches. One latch has completely broken off and two are cracked and could break on the next trip. I'm going with SKB.

06-Feb-17
I'm with Charlie. The golf industry has so much clout they don't get charged for oversize (not overweight) bags. You can fit a whole lot more than a bow into some of the cases...

06-Feb-17
Thanks Smarba, Something else to look at :)

Have a great day!

Scar.

07-Feb-17
BUMP

12-Feb-17
I'm going to go the golf case route for my next one. Just need to see what size is best. Hoping I can get 2 bows in one..

12-Feb-17
After doing some research and going and looking at them, I decided on the SKB Double Bow Rifle Case. I got it on Amazon for $205.00 It's more than I wanted to pay for a case, but on a bow hunt, your bow is the most important piece of equipment. I will be able to almost all of my gear in it for the trip. The rest will go in my carry on bag that I will also use as my hunting pack.

Scar.

12-Feb-17
Scar, good on you mate (Aussie lingo), I'm sure you'll be happy with it. Now pray the Airline feels the same way about your bow.

12-Feb-17
Took that case to Africa a couple years ago with no issues. Had that thing packed full. Did some cutting on the divider and got an arrow case and my accessory box in it.

12-Feb-17
Which model skb did you get?

13-Feb-17
Kevin???

I bought the Double Bow/ Rifle case with rollers Model Number- 3i-4217-DB It was $204.00 on Amazon, that us an incredible price. Here is the link, it wont let me attach it.

https://www.amazon.com/SKB-Ultimate-Watertight-Double-Rifle/dp/B007XDAAWK/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1486983554&sr=8-7&keywords=skb+3i

Regards,

Scar.

13-Feb-17
Thanks.

I was looking at all of the different skb cases, but they have too many choices for me to pick.

Let us know how the case works for you.

I think I need to find some place where I can check out the cases in person.

13-Feb-17
I believe Cabela's and Bass Pro has them and if you're down towards Utah or AZ some time, Sportsman's Warehouse has them. You can probably just Google it for locations near you.

Scar.

15-Feb-17
I had used the original SKB double for years, bought the plano thinking my compound would fit better and its was lighter [no!]

Now I use the Sitka Nomad and its so much better I won't be going back to the other hard cases. At 10.5#....I can pile the gear in there too...maxing out the 50# baggage restriction.

15-Feb-17
I have the SKB double case. I strap my duffle to the top of it with bungees. When I get to check in I just take off the bungees and stuff them in the duffle.

• Sitka Gear