Wood 06-Feb-17
Owl 07-Feb-17
CurveBow 09-Feb-17
Buck Watcher 09-Feb-17
smarba 09-Feb-17
Two Feathers 11-Feb-17
bb 11-Feb-17
06-Feb-17
Awhile back I fletched up some carbon arrows using glue. Normally I use fletching tape on carbons but that day I was out of tape and used glue. Not a problem getting glue off aluminums but carbons I have my doubts about using a solvent to remove the glue. Any suggestions to remove the glue will be appreciated.

06-Feb-17
Scrape most of it off with a knife or fletching stripping tool. 1 square of toilet paper folded to 1/4 size, soak it with acetone and rub arrow till glue comes off. you may need to do it twice, or use the knife again after the acetone softens up the glue. I will then clean the shaft off with denatured alcohol before refletching.

07-Feb-17
And when you are done with that, employ arrow wraps. MUCH easier to remove. I recommend not cleaning the shaft with anything but water (and friction drying with paper towel) prior to applying the wrap. Otherwise, they too can be unduly onerous to remove.

09-Feb-17
I have never used a solvent. I scrape the arrow clean using my pocket knife at a low angle. Then I sand the shaft with very fine emery cloth. Clean with rubbing alcohol and paper towel. Let it dry. I also clean the base of the fletch with the alcohol. Once dry, begin fletching.

Be sure to use the proper glue for carbon, it does make a difference. I have used wraps and like them for a more distinguished look to the arrow. I have also used Blazer shrink on fletch with good results. My son used the NAP shrink on ones with poor success. Vanes fell off without much wear on them.

>>>>-------->

09-Feb-17
Potato peeler then single edge razor blade.

09-Feb-17
A dull knife scrapes off glue pretty well. I've also had good success with the Norway Industries Zip Strip vane remover tool. It is a fairly expensive gadget, but very well made.

11-Feb-17
ok - I got them cleaned up. Used my little sharp knife and tried the potato peeler. Instead of acetone I used some stuff called "Goof Off". It came in a much smaller can and a lot cheaper. They are clean and I'm satisfied. My biggest concern was the solvent on carbons but not a problem. These arrows are for my longbow shooting off the shelf so I'll stick with feathers. Thanks again for the advice.

11-Feb-17
Solvent is fine on carbons. Be careful with goof off, it can leave a residue, i would wipe the goof off area with acetone or denatured alcohol to remove any residue

11-Feb-17
Knife first, very fine steel wool next, wipe with MEK is my routine.

• Sitka Gear