Buffalo1 28-Jun-17
AZ~Rich 29-Jun-17
standswittaknife 29-Jun-17
joker2400 30-Jun-17
Bono 30-Jun-17
KHK21 12-Aug-17
Timpt 12-Aug-17
08-Feb-17
Getting ready to book a Father/Son Bowhunting trip to South Africa. Narrowed my outfitters to either Dries Visser or Limcroma. If price is the same, which would you choose and why? Thanks!!!

08-Feb-17
I hunted with Limcroma We had the best time ever 1st rate treated us like Kings.My hunting buddy has went back twice sense we went the first time. Never been with Visser

08-Feb-17
I've never hunted with Dries Visser, but I don't think I could have had a more enjoyable hunt than I did with Limcroma. Fantastic experience on all fronts with them. When I go again, it will be with Limcroma.

08-Feb-17
X3 for Limcroma. 1st class hunt, great trophies, great PH's, good meals. You'll have your own chalet. You won't be disappointed with Limcroma. Trophy fees are reasonable and cheaper than many of their competitors. I haven't hunted with Dries, but they also have a good reputation. Limcroma has their own dipping and packing company. Getting your trophies back to the US will be easy. You'll need to hire a customs broker to clear your shipment through US customs.

09-Feb-17
Thanks for the recommendations and info. Please keep it coming!

09-Feb-17
I hunted with Limcroma the summer before last and it was exceptional on every level. When I go back, it will be with them.

10-Feb-17
I hunted with Dries Visser a few years ago. Fun, but not challenging. Like shooting tweeties off my mom's bird feeder.

Depends what you want to do. Blind (hide) hunt or stalk. If you want stalking, then plan your trip while the leaves are still on the trees.

We hunted at night too from a truck for impalas. That was way fun, spot lighting deer and stalking them with a bow.

Suggest flying Delta directly from Atlanta. Buy at least "comfort economy" seats or business class.

Consider a side trip too. Poss the great migration. Have fun and best of luck on your adventure.

10-Feb-17
x2 on Delta and the economy plus upgrade. Flights 200 & 201. It's about a 15 1/2 hour flight out of Atlanta. The extra leg room makes a difference.

12-Feb-17
Sorry to hi-jack the thread but I am also considering limcroma for my wife and I but are thinking about taking our kids as well. They are an 11 year old girl and a 7 year old boy.

Has anyone taken their whole family? We would take a few side trips and other sidebar outings.

Any thoughts from those who have done wife and/or family trips with limcroma or dries visser?

12-Feb-17

Russell's embedded Photo
Russell's embedded Photo
This is what my "non-hunting" daughter thought of shooting animals of the feeder.

12-Feb-17
No kids, but my non-hunting wife went with me to Limcroma in 2014 and she had a wonderful time. She did a lot of photography, went for a day trip to the spa and other excursions as well as sat in the blind a couple of times. We also spent a few days in Cape Town. She keeps bugging me, wanting to know when we are going back. There are several non hunting related things to do that they can set up for you and your family.

13-Feb-17
t-roy, You have to come back so she can stay at the new family camp! I promise you that she will love it!

13-Feb-17
Dan....We really enjoyed the camp we were in! Loved our chalet. I guess it depends on which camp Marcelle is cooking in! She was a sweetheart and a tremendous chef!

14-Feb-17
t-roy,

The original camp is awesome. You really get that authentic African vibe staying there. I like the new one as well. Bigger, a bit more modern luxury... The wives really like it anyway..

The chef at the new lodge is Marcel's Aunt Thespina. She's the one who taught Marcel how to cook. They are both excellent chefs, and we are lucky to have them. I always leave Africa 5-10lbs heavier....!

14-Feb-17
I don't think you could go wrong either way. I've hunted with Dries twice and had a blast both times but I've heard good things about Limcroma as well. Both places are very close to one another in proximity so you are hunting the same part of the country, same species, etc. I think you will have a blast either way.

14-Feb-17
hunted with Dries Visser in 2006--my wife came along as a observer and she had a great time--good PH and quality animals--my friend went several years later and had a replacement PH and he was terrible --my friend still had a great time but the PH was useless and caused some problems

15-Feb-17
I hunted with Dries Visser in 2011 and Limcroma last September and I have to give the nod to Limcroma.

11-Mar-17
I contacted several outfitters when I was looking for my hunt and Limcroma & Dries were at the top of my list. Limcroma provided great communication and very detailed responses specific to my questions about their set up for bow hunters. I asked about the property size for bow hunting only, number of blinds, stands, trail cams, blind construction, and the chance for me to spot and stalk, etc,.

After gathering all of that info I just felt most confident that they had the bow hunting dialed in better than the others I contacted. I was not disappointed in my choice. Limcroma exceeded all expectations. I hope to go back and hunt with them again in the next couple of years.

11-Mar-17
Thanks for all the responses. My son and I will be going with Limcroma in 2018. Just waiting for the info package from Hannes so I can send in my down payment.

Any words of wisdom are welcome!

11-Mar-17
Plan your hunt window time frame for the dark of the moon. I will be there this June. Good luck !

11-Mar-17
Joe, Don't overpack. Three changes of hunting clothes is plenty. They wash your clothes everyday. Bring a good camera & camcorder or GoPro and take plenty of pictures. You don't get a second chance to take pictures.

11-Mar-17
Plan on hunting as many animals that you can. Trophy fees are less then the cost of going back again.

28-Jun-17
Looking forward to our trip with Limcroma. Next step is booking our airfare. Any tips or suggestions? My gut feeling is to go with a travel agent. Unless I get feedback I'd have to say I'm leaning towards Delta out of Atlanta.

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions. Better to ask than learn by my mistakes.

28-Jun-17
Delta Flight 200 ATL to Joburg Delta Flight 201 Joburg to ATL

Never hunted with either outfitter, but know that both are reputable outfits.

29-Jun-17
X2 on Delta flight from ATL. It's LONG (15.5hrs) but less time than SAA.

29-Jun-17
I'd throw in a voice to Ken Moody. We had an excellent time. No info on DV or Limcroma.

30-Jun-17
British Airways through London was a decent flight at an excellent price. Arrived at JNB at 7am which was nice. It was nice to have the drive to camp in daylight and get out for an afternoon hunt. All in our tickets were $1100 pp.

30-Jun-17
I has never hunt with Driess Visser, but only heard good things about him I día hunt with Els in Limcroma and has a fantastic hunt First class in every aspect Limcroma will be a sure bet

12-Aug-17
Hunted in 05-07 with Dries they are an excellent outfitter took buffalo and leopard with them along with many other species my son went both times with me he had just turned 12 and 14 and had a great trip himself looking to go back with my now adult son in 2019 I hope.

12-Aug-17
Been to Africa three times . All three with with Dries Visser . Can't imagine a better outfitter . Treats you like family , great accommodations , PH , hides , and game .

• Sitka Gear