WapitiBob 12-Feb-17
TODDY 12-Feb-17
wilbur 12-Feb-17
Don K 12-Feb-17
wilbur 12-Feb-17
Bigdan 12-Feb-17
TD 12-Feb-17
09-Feb-17
From my understanding you have to apply 5 years in a row for that species. If this is your 5th consecutive year applying for the species, it won't show until after the draw.

09-Feb-17
Yeah 5 years in a row after the mishandled app. What a bummer Pat.

09-Feb-17
Yep, we missed our draw deadline on like year 3, but finally got our loyalty point on year 8/9.

09-Feb-17
Pat, if you think it has been at least 5 years call the Dept and ask if it shows up on their records. My hunter ed bonus point does not show up on the portal but is shown on the Dept's records.

09-Feb-17
If you call be prepared to be on hold for a while. Last week I needed to make a correction on my elk application and it took over an hour on hold!

10-Feb-17
Once you have your loyalty point, and you then draw a tag, do you loose your loyalty point and start over again at zero points or the year after you draw do you have 1? That said if you had the hunters ed point, after you draw would you be starting with 2 points?

10-Feb-17
Keep the loyalty point, and hunter ed. So you would drop down to 2 points the next year after drawing.

12-Feb-17
So how do you get the hunter ed point? Do you have to actually go to AZ and take the course? I have both Bowhunter and hunter ed here in Texas. Im willing to take a online class for that extra point but i cant go to Az for it. LOL

12-Feb-17
In person, either for the field day or for the special NR one day class (restrictions apply).

Figure out a way. My trip cost $1000 and was money well spent.

12-Feb-17
JT, I took mine before the draw last year. You take the course on-line at home but the field day must be in person. I did a quick overnighter from MN there/back when I took it. Flew down early a.m., rented a car took the field day in the afternoon, stayed at a hotel that night and flew home next morning. Total, cost me about $350 to do it. When I draw this year it will all seem worth it! Haha! TODDY

12-Feb-17
Take the course on line then show up for a 1 hour field course and multiple choice exam.

My wife and I flew on a Friday, landed in Phoenix. Rented a car and drove to the test location. After the exam we drove to Sedona for a 24 visit. Then drove to the Grand Canyon for another 24 visit. Flew back home on Monday afternoon. Was a great short vacation. Oh by the way I drew another elk tag in 2016 with only 5 points one of which was my hunter ed point.

12-Feb-17
I have been looking to fly into Phoenix and do this very thing. Been watching the listings for the classes and the one thing I notice is there isn't much of a advanced notice on posting them. Lots of them when posted are already full, others show up a week out and getting airfare on a short notice is expensive. I'm in no hurry so I'm sure one will show up that I can get to sooner or later. Been waiting for the one that Don teaches and fly into Vegas as a option also

12-Feb-17
Send me a PM I have the contact information for a person at AZGFD. She helped me get everything set up when I went.

12-Feb-17
That was one of the things at P&Y two years ago. They were taking P&Y convention people and taking them to The F&G to take the Hunters ed To get that point.

12-Feb-17
That trip and class was awesome. Lots of bowsite guys took the class. Had so many P&Y members they had buses lined up to take folks out to the range where they had the classes. Was the largest groups they have even taken they said. The Range was the best facility I've ever seen and they were very well organized, went very smoothly. One of the best trips I've ever done in my life, the class, the Convention, the Bowsite meet and greet, all of it.

Gave that one dom instructor my phone number..... she STILL hasn't called me..... but she did give me my point, must still like me..... =D

• Sitka Gear