Mark Watkins 12-Feb-17
Zbone 12-Feb-17
Southern draw 13-Feb-17
'Ike' (Phone) 14-Feb-17
BULELK1 14-Feb-17
11-Feb-17

Rackmastr's embedded Photo
I moved to BC a couple years ago and have been lucky enough to meet some good friends in the area that own hounds and enjoy running cats. I've learned a lot about tracks, identifying tracks, working with dogs and learning about hiking them out and keeping dogs on older tracks. I shot a smaller lion a couple years ago and have since been looking for a really good lion or a bobcat/lynx. I'm a part-time taxidermist and would love nothing more than a bobcat or lynx in my house as I think they are awesome critters.

Late November (thought it was December but just looked at the date on my pics) I went out for a drive looking for some lynx or lion tracks. I located an area that had a ton of fresh lynx tracks from the night before. I texted my buddy as he was checking another area. He was on his way when he heard I had found a great spot.

About an hour later, he arrived and I loaded my gear in his truck. We headed up the road and were about 2 miles from the freshest track when we rounded a corner and saw a lynx eating a rabbit in the middle of the road! A quick conversation took place while the dogs started barking and the cat headed into the trees. We backed off and I grabbed my bow, thinking that maybe it would be worth seeing if I could get a shot without the chase and we'd go and run a different set of tracks later.

I snuck around some willows and caught the cat lurking amongst the trees. I was shocked the cat wasnt more spooked but I think it wanted to get back to its fresh kill. I placed a grim reaper behind the shoulder and it was over quick!

We ended up running another small lynx later that morning. The chase was quick but pretty cool to see it up in the tree as well. I'll post some pics of the treed lynx as well.

First kill for my Prodigy!

11-Feb-17

11-Feb-17
Very nice rackmastr! Great shot as well. Probably very small number of guys can claim a kill on a spot and stalk lynx. Or hunting one over bait ;-)

11-Feb-17

11-Feb-17
That's very rare. Good work

11-Feb-17
Trevor, Neat as heck! Congratulations! I have been hoping for an opportunity on one myself. Only have seen one and it was in spring bear season. Calling has not worked......yet.

11-Feb-17
congratulations, Forrest

11-Feb-17
Those are some neat experiences. Congrats on a nice trophy.

11-Feb-17
That is incredible! I killed a really big bobcat a few years ago and that thing makes my bobcat look like a kitten! Very Well Done!! Congratulations!

Scar.

11-Feb-17
Congrats on the cats!

11-Feb-17
On my bucket list. Congrats!

12-Feb-17
Congrats!!! A once in a lifetime event right there!

Mark

12-Feb-17
Way cool... Congrats!

13-Feb-17
Congrats !!

14-Feb-17
Awesome, congrats...

14-Feb-17
Damn nice!

Congrats

Good luck, Robb

• Sitka Gear