Ken 13-Feb-17
DG2 13-Feb-17
The last savage 13-Feb-17
Tajue17 14-Feb-17
Tajue17 14-Mar-17
TD 14-Mar-17
Bou'bound 14-Mar-17
13-Feb-17
was told by someone to contact Scott archery about a mongoose release I bought maybe 15yrs ago sticking,, I really love this release and would just find another one if it was messed up but a friend said they have good customer service and will take care of it...maybe even replace or fix it for free even though I offered to pay.

I sent their tech support an e-mail but and haven't heard back yet but curious if anyone else needed something fixed, wondering if I should stick with them or invest in something different after so many years.

13-Feb-17
Last summer I sent them an email that I needed a spring for one of my Silver Horns. Three springs showed up in the mail a short time later. I replaced the broken one and changed out the spring on my older, backup Silver Horn and still have a spare. No money paid. So, in my case, great and prompt service.

Good thing to, because they are my favourite release.

13-Feb-17
My Mongoose XT was sticking. Sent it back, repaired and returned. No charge. I'm pretty sure it was a spring.

13-Feb-17
Get a phone number and call them. E-mails can be missed or take a long time to get too! Scooby

13-Feb-17
I sent email asking what kind of longevity I should expect from Rhino XT releases, but no reply. I have two Rhino XTs and my friend has couple of them too, and we both agree that they are poor quality nowadays (last only a few months). They used to be more durable.

Yes poor CS if emails get lost...

13-Feb-17
At the Midwest Open ProAm last year my daughter had her Exxus malfunction. It was like the bottom was pushed down; it wouldn't engage. Her JOAD coach took her over to the Scoot booth, and they gave her a brand new one to borrow while they tried to fix her release.

After her round she went back to the booth and they told her they couldn't get it fixed, and that she should just keep the new one they gave her and have her local shop mail the broken one in for a free repair. So now she has two releases and they both work great.

13-Feb-17
Used Scott for many years. Made the mistake of trying a Carter and since then, a Hot Shot. I can't go back to mediocre anymore.

13-Feb-17
Not specific to Scott but emailing for customer service has been hit or miss for me. If you don't receive a prompt email reply, call them.

13-Feb-17
Rhino XTs steel sear or lips wear out really quickly, maybe we would get <1000 shots or so before sear parts were so round that how deep you adjusted the trigger travel they started slipping. That steel is poor quality.

Maybe they last longer if you have low poundage bow etc. or of course it depends on how much you shoot.

Carter Quickie Plus seems to be much higher quality.

13-Feb-17
My Mongoose quit working...After a few yrs...I just chucked it up to thousands of shots equals ,worn out.. I thought....So I got a new one...

14-Feb-17
thanks for the posts,,, still haven't heard back but today I will give them a ring and ask if i can send it in... thanks again.

update; I still havent got a reply from my e-mail but I called them and everyone was very nice they got me to the scott techs who just send send it to us and we will take care of it! didn't mention anything about costs or payment just gave me a RA# and said we will take care of it.... seriously I'm not doing it for a free fix but they seemed more concerned with the release sticking than anything else,,, usually these calls end up with a sales pitch at the end but not this call just send it to us as soon as you can " so we can get it back to you as quick as possible"

14-Mar-17
a couple days I got back my mongoose release,,,, they replaced everything inside and the release is crisp and feels new again.... no bill and no charges at all!

me personally I'm not a techie or name guy that always wants the latest and greatest,,,, Its the only release I ever tried in my life, I was worried id be forced to move on to something else but they stuck by their product so I will shoot nothing but scott.

14-Mar-17
Scott makes very good wrist straps....... =D

14-Mar-17
who makes an excellent wrist strap. that would be preferable to very good.

• Sitka Gear