Elite option 7
Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
Bowhunt56 13-Feb-17
12yards 13-Feb-17
kota-man 13-Feb-17
Scooby-doo 13-Feb-17
13-Feb-17
Im shooting energy 35,, would like a shorter bow don't want to give up that smooth quite bow just a little long in ground blind & treestand.

13-Feb-17
At this point I think I would wait on the Option. Lots of mixed reviews on them. There is an issue with maintaining letoff and valley when the bow isn't maxed out. If you would shoot it maxed, you might be fine. Comments have been stiffer draw and less valley than typical Elites. If it were me, I'd look for a lightly used or closeout E32. Or wait another year on the Option so they can work the kinks out. But that's just me. You should go shoot one though to get a good read for yourself.

13-Feb-17
I shot one along with a bunch of the other "new stuff" this year. Though, IMO, the Option 7 was a decent bow, it was way down the list for me. I settled on a Carbon Defiant, a Halon 32 and a Reign 7. Gonna shoot these three through the summer and decide on one for fall. I haven 't "loved" an elite model since the Answer, then Synergy.

13-Feb-17
Bowhunt, can I ask how 35"s is too long for ground blind and tree stands. I hunt a lot of times with a 60" recurve out of both without an issue. That said I shoot a real short compound at 28"s but if I was going to buy a new bow I would look at the Halon 30" model! Very nice shooters. Scooby

• Sitka Gear