centerpunch 14-Feb-17
x-man 14-Feb-17
centerpunch 14-Feb-17
x-man 14-Feb-17
centerpunch 14-Feb-17
centerpunch 14-Feb-17
centerpunch 14-Feb-17
14-Feb-17
If you gentlemen would please help it will be appreciated! A little background first, I hunted with compounds from the early 80's thru around 2000. I switched over to traditional equipment then until currently. I recently was able to find, in my opinion, a great deal on a new in the box 2013 Bear Anarchy. I have the required accessories purchased and in the process of installing. I will be shooting 62# with a 29" draw using a Scott release. Bow is 35" ATA. I have been looking thru arrow charts and think I have decided on GT Hunter XT at 30". I will be using 100gr fixed blade bh and of course equal wt field tips. Game sought will be whitetail and eastern turkey. Now the questions:) Should I use the 340 series of this arrow? With standard inserts? If choosing to increase FOC by using a heavier insert will I need to go to the 300 series? Lastly, can I remove 2 fiber optic pins from a 5 pin Cobra sight with potential damage to sight? Whew, things have changed in 17 years! Sorry for the long read...please advise. Thanks, David

14-Feb-17
I would lean toward the 300's. You are borderline between 300/340 and when that happens I've always had better luck going with the stiffer shaft. If you decide to move up to 125 gr or put more weight up front in the insert then you won't need to change shafts either. I have no experience with that sight so I'm of no help there! Best of luck to you!

14-Feb-17
Thank you Brotsky!

14-Feb-17
Good advise from Brotsky on the arrows.

Which model is your sight?

14-Feb-17
xman, site is the Smoke 5 pin...not gen2

14-Feb-17
Yes, you can remove individual pins from the Smoke sight. That was one of my best sellers in my shop. I made plenty of those into three-pin sights. You just have to be careful pulling the fiber out of the clear tubing so it doesn't break, and it's really hard to get them back in later if needed.

14-Feb-17
Thank you x-man!

14-Feb-17
Thank you x-man!

14-Feb-17
Sorry for double tap:)

• Sitka Gear