gunslinger 24-Feb-17
gunslinger 24-Feb-17
hunt forever 24-Feb-17
Keith in colorado 25-Feb-17
Bowhntn 26-Feb-17
Bowman 26-Feb-17
Willieboat 27-Feb-17
14-Feb-17
I am looking for a archery hunter that would like to hunt for shiras moose this year from last week of sept to first week October with archery equipment, gun opens October 15. This is in southern british Columbia and there is only one tag per year in this area, I killed my bull there also. If shiras moose is on your bucket list gimme a email or call anytime [email protected]

22-Feb-17
This is Brady. I thought you were booked up on your moose Hunts?

Brady Bradford

22-Feb-17
My personal goals include entry into P&Y. Since its my understanding P&Y doesn’t recognize anything north of the border as being a Shiras Moose, this wouldn't work for me. It would be interesting to know if genetic work has been done on Shiras versus Canadian Moose like has been done with the various deer species along the west coast.

23-Feb-17
Yea I don't know Bob but if hes got one leg in USA and one leg in Canada lets call him a shiras bull. anything south of highway 1 southern alberta is a shiras bull for sure, there smaller bulls for sure. anyway politics are for others I'm more about hunting these moose.

Brady my moose hunts are all sold out up northern alberta this is southern alberta for a much less cost on a shiras moose not Canadian bull, average bulls are 30-40 inchers with some going bigger. I'm booking this hunt for a outfitter friend of mine, this is where I killed my shiras bull its just barely north of the USA border southern British Columbia, its a great hunt with only one tag a year allowed,

23-Feb-17
can you pm me stats on the moose hunt and some stats on kills

23-Feb-17
Shame if P&Y doesn't allow them if they are truly genetically the same as those in the states. I'd love to hunt them.

23-Feb-17
There's been murmurings from the Club the past couple years of moving the boundary into Canada to better reflect genetics and the situation on the ground. Genetic testing and biology of the movement and isolation of these animals is very interesting from the lower 48 all the way to their northern ranges.

23-Feb-17
My non-scientific opinion is BC has three moose species, not one as P&Y only recognizes Canada moose here. As noted our southern moose are likely Shiras and our northern moose up toward the Yukon border are likely the Alaskan-Yukon variety. Canada moose reside in between. Time and genetic testing will tell, but it makes more sense than geographic boundaries arbitrarily put into place.

24-Feb-17

gunslinger's embedded Photo

24-Feb-17

24-Feb-17
Pm me the details. Please Thanks

25-Feb-17
Me too please

26-Feb-17
Please PM with details Thanks

26-Feb-17
Just for your info I already took the hunt.

27-Feb-17

• Sitka Gear