PECO 16-Feb-17
orionsbrother 16-Feb-17
Don K 16-Feb-17
14-Feb-17
Has anyone use these Klymit sleepings pads? I'm looking for an new pad. Thanks

14-Feb-17
Has anyone use these Klymit sleepings pads? I'm looking for an new pad. Thanks

14-Feb-17
I got one from Camofire, I have not field tested it yet. It seems of good quality. REI sells them, (not the camo) so that tells me it will be fine.

14-Feb-17
I have the Klymit Intertia X Frame (lime green ultralite model).

I have used it probably two dozen nights in temp ranges down to below freezing in NM & AK over the past 3-years and am VERY impressed with it. Packs up extremely small and light, yet I sleep on it very comfortably, whether on my back or side. They made the support in all the right places and I've never had issues with comfort.

It is touted as allowing your bag to loft downwards into the empty spaces and actually provide more insulation than a solid pad, which I found to be true (compared to Thermarest NeoAir, which was my prior pad).

Price is very good for the Klymit too. Carl

14-Feb-17
Have any issues sliding off ?? I like the comfort of my BA mattress but cant stand how easy it is to slide off the dang thing.

14-Feb-17
Don - Smear some dabs or dots of silicone on your pad and you won't have sliding problems.

14-Feb-17
Orionsbrother,

Thanks for the tip!! Heck last year I was getting ready to toss the thing off the mountain

14-Feb-17
Great tip on the silicone; however, I haven't had problems sliding.

14-Feb-17
I'm running a static v, a friend loaned me one my first trip and was happy with performance. So I put one on my xmas list, and must be doing something right because Santa brought me one...

I've never used any other pads, so no experience with others

14-Feb-17
I've had three of them and I can't seem to get them to hold air. I've patched the first two, but one of the holes was at the seam where the patch probably won't hold--haven't tested that one yet. I love how compact they get or else I would have already tossed them. It's a great concept, but I'm not so sure of the quality. The first couple times I had dogs with me on the camping trip, so I attributed it to their claws. But this last trip there were no dogs and it still developed a leak that I haven't patched yet. It was in AZ, so it could have been a thorn--but, until I fix it I won't be able to tell. Jury is still out with me, but I am leaning to not durable enough.

14-Feb-17
I have the static v as do a couple of my buddies and they've held up to several backpack elk hunts.. As mentioned they are pretty slick. Pack down tight tho.. Also the only pad I've used so wth do I know.

15-Feb-17
Sams Club has Klymat pads for under $40. I didn't pay attention to what model but would assume its the most basic.

15-Feb-17
There pillows are great, haven't used the pad though.

15-Feb-17
I picked up an insulated Klymit Static V off Camofire this past fall, I had no complaints with it.

16-Feb-17
https://www.camofire.com/index.php/Deals/7

On camofire now!

16-Feb-17
Don - It doesn't take much. Just a thin smear. A buddy of mine who doesn't camp much did up his pad and I think he used a whole tube of silicone. He probably about doubled the weight of his pad. No need to turn your pad into a "French Tickler"... not that there's anything wrong with that if you're into it.

16-Feb-17
LOL!! Thanks for the insight

• Sitka Gear