BIG BEAR 15-Feb-17
GF 15-Feb-17
bear bowman 15-Feb-17
Beendare 15-Feb-17
GF 17-Feb-17
wyliecoyote 17-Feb-17
dg72a 18-Feb-17
15-Feb-17
I've been shooting trad exclusively for the last two years and my freezer is empty. It's not for the lack of opportunity, it's for the lack of my ability to shoot a stick bow at a deer accurately. A good friend of mine had a prime defy that he couldn't shoot to save his life and he gave it to me to try out. This thing shoots lights out. With weather and wind conditions at my house, I've not been able to shoot past 40 yards yet but I'm able to takes nocks off out to 40. So now I'm the owner of a fine shooting prime defy and loving going back and forth between trad and compounds. The defy is what I'll be filling the freezer with next season:)

15-Feb-17
Good for you.

15-Feb-17
You're shooting knocks off at 40 yards with a stick bow ?? Wow.

15-Feb-17
No, he is shooting a compound that is several years old. Scooby

15-Feb-17
Oh, Ok.... Got it !! My bad !! Cool !! Enjoy both !!!!

15-Feb-17
I have a 10-year-old Bowtech that I "never" shoot, but when I do, I don't really dare to shoot more than 1arrow at any given spot.

But FWIW, it's not that hard to bust nocks at 40 yards with a stickbow.... you just need to shoot groups of more than 3 arrows at a time. ;)

15-Feb-17
I wish I could take nocks off at 40 with the stick. If I could I wouldn't be worrying about shooting a compound.

15-Feb-17
Try this with your stickbow; Shoot 3 fingers under with a fixed crawl. There are a few good vids on YouTube that show you how to set it up...Jimmy Blackmon and I think its called "The Push" [is the hour long+ vid on trad shooting- very good]

Essentially you tune for a 20yd,25yd point on. What this does is get the arrow right up under your eye and give you a better reference point [arrow tip]

What you will find is that even at different distances on either side of your PO[ ex 10yds-30yds]....you are still on the animal by adjusting ever so slightly. Personally, I just don't get the flyers I used to get....and your accuracy is improved with whatever aiming technique you use [instinctive included!]

There are a lot of guys pushing instinctive shooting...but it can be very inaccurate when you are "off". Some Gap shooters have a big gap at 20 yds making it less accurate. This technique keeps your avg group much tighter at those avg hunting shot distances.

17-Feb-17

GF's embedded Photo
Things were coming together pretty nicely today
GF's embedded Photo
Things were coming together pretty nicely today
GF's embedded Photo
Yesterday, I was messing with bare shafts and just kept pulling to the left.... Decided that this one shaft is just too stiff to go nekkid....
GF's embedded Photo
Yesterday, I was messing with bare shafts and just kept pulling to the left.... Decided that this one shaft is just too stiff to go nekkid....
I'm still having a few issues with elevation, but don't wanna give up my 50-yard point-on. Too bad I've only got 50 feet in the back yard.

17-Feb-17
I shoot my recurve left handed instinctive...I shoot my compound right handed sights and peep...works really well!!

Joe

18-Feb-17
Last year I picked up a great used Switchback that I wanted for years. A couple months later I found another for sale so I bought it as well. My Energy 35 is taking a back seat for now. I have great back-up bows....

• Sitka Gear