Mr.C 16-Feb-17
elk yinzer 16-Feb-17
Brotsky 16-Feb-17
12yards 16-Feb-17
jordanathome 16-Feb-17
BB 18-Feb-17
donnybowhunter 19-Feb-17
15-Feb-17
ELK JERKS!! Why is it that so many on here have to keep going on and on about archery elk hunting ? I have just recently started to lurk here again and it seems all you guys talk about is elk this and elk that ! Well now you have gone and done it; you broke me. I used to archery hunt moose but lost my group and the tags kept getting harder to get. I missed interacting with the moose by calling to them. Then they started to release wild turkeys around me and found out that you could hunt them like a bull moose. I got into that and it is fun but just not the rush of a testosterone pumped 1000 pound animal at 5 yards. Then a few years ago after numerous surgeries and not being able to pull my old bow I was in an archery shop trying to get some crossbow arrows fletched and as I was talking to the owner I was lamenting not being able to pull my old bow. He said man you need to try a new bow they are way easier than those low let off bows like you have. I tried a few and was pulling almost 60 pounds when I could barely get 45 on my old bow. This is a whole other story as I of course had to buy a new bow !! Then something worse happened as I started to lurk here again and started seeing all the elk talk. Now I’m hooked . I have bought a few elk diaphragm calls and am mewing and screaming all around the house and I should be tuning up my turkey diaphragms not elk. So just wanted to say thanks ya bunch of jerks now I’m scouting public land on google and scouring DNR web sites trying to find a place that I can draw a tag to go and hunt elk !! :)

15-Feb-17
Finally saw your tongue in your cheek!

15-Feb-17
One of the beautiful things about BowSite....it fuels the fire!!

Go get em'... safe huntin'

15-Feb-17
You can't stop it, you can only hope to contain it. Or, if you're lucky, your won't be able to do either. Welcome to the addiction!

15-Feb-17
Welcome back to the nut house!! ; )

15-Feb-17
Glad I could be of assistance. You're welcome:)

15-Feb-17
Well, you're cranky enough...I'd say the elk are in trouble ;)

Best of Luck, Jeff

15-Feb-17
I'm no elkjerk. I'm an elkA-hole!

15-Feb-17
Gulity! Certified Elkaholic here! Good luck!

15-Feb-17
I hope this site causes you to spend as much money or more than I have chasing crazy animals around with a stick & string.

15-Feb-17
Welcome to the island of Misfit Elk Jerks!

15-Feb-17
Welcome my friend... no other jerk I'd rather be...

15-Feb-17
Welcome to the fray!

15-Feb-17

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Just to add some fuel to your fire..................

15-Feb-17
Oh man. I have an invite for mule deer in September I have a feeling I'll be spending most of my time looking for elk and not mule deer thanks to you guys.

15-Feb-17
Well, like mule deer there is an elk behind every tree! 95% of the fun is trying to find the right tree. :)

16-Feb-17
Know where you are coming from Timbrhuntr, I too have Bowsite to thank for my elk addiction. Only regret being Bowsite didn't exist 10-15 years earlier!

16-Feb-17
'It will be fine'

Maybe look into OTC states for starters?

Good luck, Robb

16-Feb-17
Pav I'm with you,,the disease I have been stricken with is the fault of you elk hunters on Bowsite..Can't sleep, wasting the precious hours of my life scouring over maps of far off places, reading books, articles, magazines i would have never picked up if it we're for you guys,I break out in chicken skin when I hear a bugle on TV,,it's crazy,,what's happening to me.......,.. Thank you all.....

16-Feb-17
Careful what you wish for. You think you've got issues now? Wait until you actually get a snot spewing, screaming 800 lb bad ass come rushing in on you looking for a piece. Your problems will grow at an exponential rate. Welcome aboard enjoy the ride.

16-Feb-17
Timbrhuntr, good stuff & good for you sir! What bow did you end up with?

ElkNut1

16-Feb-17
thier amazing animals to hunt scale of 1 to 10 their 9.5 moose is 5 In my opinion! but only because elk herd up and that can make for alot of eyeballs and nose`s one has to contend with....best of luck to ya...and dont look um in the eye when their close

16-Feb-17
Meh, elk smelk. Too busy out there already and they stink to high heavens.

Good luck to you and welcome to the addiction though!

16-Feb-17
The best part of being an elk jerk is getting to jerk the elk!

16-Feb-17
I'm a deer hunter and very occasional elk hunter. I love the elk guys on here. It's good stuff. But I see there is another thread on "the best elk broadhead" that has been posted. If you want to see the hair, spit, and mud fly, grab your popcorn, hide behind the couch and visit that thread throughout the next few days. It will get like two rut crazed mature bulls going at it in there. Good luck! LOL!

16-Feb-17
TBM get a new handle.......?????? ;)

18-Feb-17

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
This photo reminds me of a lot of you elk hunters. You get so turned on that you don't even realize what your doing!

I wish you could view this photo much larger as you elk nuts would get a kick out of it, and many of you have seen this in real life!

Have a great bowhunt. BB

19-Feb-17
I also suffer from elk fever... my only relief from it, is the end of September every year.. then it returns early October and I suffer until the next archery season. ,

• Sitka Gear