Wood 19-Feb-17
x-man 20-Feb-17
Bullhound 20-Feb-17
midwest 20-Feb-17
Windwalker 20-Feb-17
Bowboy 20-Feb-17
craig@work 22-Feb-17
17-Feb-17
I am looking for a release to use for hunting as well as shooting 3D. I currently shoot a wrist strap style release. I have a couple Scott Mongoose releases and a couple Scott Liberty XTs and a couple Scott Calipers.. Okay, so I have a bunch of wrist strap style releases.. Okay, so I am looking to maybe change to a release that I can clip to my bow string while I am in my stand or blind. When I want to shoot, I can just grab my bow, draw and shoot. I am looking for a release that isn't going to break the bank but one that is good quality. I would like to anchor with my knuckles behind my jaw, so would the jaws need to rotate or not. If anyone out there can give me the pros and cons of switching and maybe have a recommendation, please feel free. I am open to any advice. Thanks, Jay

17-Feb-17
I prefer carters. I shoot the Carter lucky

17-Feb-17
I have the trufire hardcore 4 finger that I clip on the string. Have shot hand held for a few years and have shot ok but am trying a wrist strap again because it's easier to hold the weight with a strap IMHO. Lots of options on AT for sale right now.

17-Feb-17
Yep, can't go wrong with Carters.

17-Feb-17
I'd demo some at a bow shop, you may have to adjust your draw length which could pose a hill of other obstacles. My current draw I cannot shoot my stanislawski.

17-Feb-17
Lots of good releases available, I practice with a scott backtension, and hunt with a carter quickie wrist release, I also have a true ball and true fire thumb releases that I though would be a more natural switch from the backtension but were not, however I do prefer drawing with a hand held, feels much easier to draw, I will try the hand held releases again this spring when I dust off the bow for bear season!

17-Feb-17
I converted from a wrist-strap style release to a Tru-Fire Hardcore 4 finger release earlier this year. After getting my peep sight properly adjusted, my learning curve was pretty fast. I had to drop my peep sight 1/2" to get clear vision through peep hole. I helped to smooth out my releasing process, which intern help to increase my accuracy especially at longer yardages (35-50 yds.)

17-Feb-17
Carter

19-Feb-17
Not a release you can clip and hang but I switched from Scott caliper to Carter this past year and cannot believe how crisp the release is! I bought the Carter Quickie 2 with the Scott buckle and shoot it like a back tension release. Love it! I also really like the open hook design... super easy to find the d-loop in the moment while hunting. Didn't even have to look down to hook up when I shot my elk in NM this past Sept!

Good luck finding one you like. Pete

19-Feb-17
Carter

19-Feb-17
Carter

19-Feb-17
Carter Wise Choice. Silverback, or Nock2it...

19-Feb-17
I settled on a Carter Wise Choice 4 finger. for 3d. Might get a First choice for hunting. (only difference is the finger hole)

20-Feb-17
Good choices so far. I use a $50 three finger thumb from Trufire called the Stalker. I have three of them. One on my bow, one in my pack, and one in my pants pocket. They can be shot thumb pull, or thumb push by removing the fulcrum screw and moving it to the other location. Plastic handle, machined caliper, 360 swivel.

20-Feb-17
A lot of Carter fans here for sure! I switched from using a Scott Little Goose for 15 years to Stanislawski releases. I was not happy with my shooting and decided to work harder on it. I swithed over to a Stan Shootoff thumb release (this can be clipped ontu your loop and left) and also two hinge releases from Stan that pretty much mirror the body of the Shootoff. I have found over the last year, I almost exclusivley shoot the JetBlack hinge or the BlackPearl DS hinge, but can easily move to the Shootoff. Most of my hunting in 2016 was all done using using the hinge as it felt "right" if that makes sense. I'd suggest you give the Shootoff a try as they are top quality.

20-Feb-17
Carter, Hot Shot, Stan....all top of the line.

Some good info from John Dudley in this video...

20-Feb-17
Stan, TruBall, Carter - all great releases. I prefer the Stans because they fit my hand and are the most comfortable. Carters are my second choice for thumb releases. TruBall for hinge releases.

20-Feb-17
Carter

22-Feb-17
Question for you carter users-it looks like the head is fixed. Does this induce some torque on the d loop? My revolution rotates and seems to eliminate this...

• Sitka Gear