LKH 20-Feb-17
car 27-Mar-17
sdbowhunter 27-Mar-17
car 27-Mar-17
Brotsky 27-Mar-17
Wayne Helmick 27-Mar-17
LKH 27-Mar-17
20-Feb-17
I will be hunting elk and deer in Wy. this September. I may have some spare days up my sleeve toward the end of the month so rather than kill time/days sight seeing I would rather do some more hunting. S.D. I believe has over the counter archery deer tags and the season is September please correct me if I am wrong. My question is where would be the best places to start looking for public land to hunt either Mule deer or Whitetail. Thanks in advance.

20-Feb-17
Season should open on September 23rd this year. Archery tags for whitetail/mule deer are unlimited and available online. Visit the SD GFP website, they have excellent maps of the public lands available. Lots of options and most contain animals to chase. Good luck to you!

20-Feb-17
U can also get a doe tag for pretty reasonable price.

27-Mar-17
You said the tags are available online, can you print them right out or are they mailed to you?

27-Mar-17
You apply online and they are mailed out

27-Mar-17
Once season is open is there a place you can buy and walk out with the tag ?

27-Mar-17
No, you need to buy them before you arrive on line. You can call the license office in Pierre and ask for an exception to that but there's no guarantee.

27-Mar-17
they can print tags at the Rapid City office. I had two turkey hunters do it last year. They were residents though. Don't know if that matters. Call them in the morning and ask. 605-394-2391

27-Mar-17
As a NR I was hunting a ranch in the east part of SD. Wanted a doe tag. Got online in the morning and it arrived in the next days mail.

• Sitka Gear