MT ELK game violation
Elk
Contributors to this thread:
Inshart 20-Feb-17
IdyllwildArcher 20-Feb-17
Mule Power 20-Feb-17
tradmt 20-Feb-17
20-Feb-17
Does anyone know what the final outcome was in reference to that story from a few years ago about that guy from MN that was hunting with his brother in MT. He didn't tag his elk "immediately" and was fined and his elk confiscated.

If I remember right the charges were dropped and he did NOT get his meat back. Did he get his antlers back?

I see that MT has changed their law and no longer states "must immediately be tagged". Hoping that law change was due to this case.

It now states ... """A hunter must cut out the proper month and day of the kill from the appropriate license and attach it to the animal before the carcass is removed from the site of the kill, or before the hunter leaves the site of the kill."""

20-Feb-17
Charges were dropped and he got his antlers back. The meat was not returned to the hunters.

20-Feb-17
Yep charges dropped but in my opinion he still got screwed. He should get his next license for free along with some money to compensate for his other expenses before they sent him home with no elk meat. Pathetic

20-Feb-17
Sounds like Montana owes him an elk.

• Sitka Gear