Brotsky 21-Feb-17
GhostBird 21-Feb-17
bigbuckODY 21-Feb-17
KyleSS 21-Feb-17
coelker 21-Feb-17
Charlie Rehor 21-Feb-17
bowhunter55 22-Feb-17
21-Feb-17
I've been bow hunting a while now and my wife has been going Early Muzzle here in Iowa but has become very intrigued of all the action I see during the rut and would really like to start bow hunting. I'm pretty excited that she has taken an interest in hunting at all much less the challenge of bow hunting. With that being said, anyone know what the ladies are shooting? If there are any ladies on here, what are you shooting? I'm guessing her draw length is somewhere in the 25-26 range. I know there are some designed for women like the Mathews Jewel and I'm sure other manufacturers have women specific models but I don't think that's necessary. I don't want an ATA longer than 32" otherwise it can be hard in some of the tree stands. Thanks for the input in advance!

21-Feb-17
My much better half is shooting an Elite Spirit. I've been very impressed with it and she has been even more so. I can honestly say she has never shot better in her life. It's smooth, quiet, and stable for her. She's had a Mathew's Ignition, a Mission Craze, and now the Elite. The Elite blows away everything else she's shot.

Another good option to look is the Mathews Avail. Very nice looking/shooting women's bow. My daughter wants a Hoyt Carbon Defiant....she needs to do a few more chores around the house to save a few more dollars before we go down that road!

21-Feb-17
That Hoyt Carbon Defiant is amazing. That is what I shoot right now and its phenomenal!

21-Feb-17
Tmartinez....I'm just glad my daughter is asking me for $1300 bows and not $1300 prom dresses. LOL!

21-Feb-17
I got my 25 year old daughter set up with a Hoyt Powermax, black with pink. It is a very nice shooting bow.

21-Feb-17
My 14 year old daughter shoots Mathews Mission has huge range of draw weight 15-70 lbs. (She's shooting 54lbs.) same for draw lengths she has a local archery range "womans" record she broke last summer super proud daddy :) she's killed 5 deer with it her first was at the age of 10 shot was 21 yards it went only 56 yards and fell over after her complete pass through. She shoots a 85 grain buzzcut stinger BH she's lethal with it 5 deer have fallen on account of her dedication and hard work to this great sport so chalk Mathews Mission up for a great choice

21-Feb-17
My wife shoots the Elite Spirit

21-Feb-17
My wife is shooting a Chill and pulling close to 50 pounds. She loves it. It is fast quiet and has made her into an incredible shooter. I would strongly look at Chill or something like the mission/craze since they have such great poundage variety.

21-Feb-17
Bow, arrow and broadhead are all equally important. The right combo of those three elements will make her a deadly predator.

You are very lucky to live and hunt in Iowa. Glad she wants in! Good luck!

22-Feb-17
First bow I got for my wife was the Mission Craze. Next season, Bought her a Mathews Jewel and she absolutely loves it. 50#,quiet and deadly accurate.

• Sitka Gear