Zackman 04-Apr-17
BOWUNTR 05-Apr-17
Charlie Rehor 05-Apr-17
deerhaven 05-Apr-17
Matt Palmquist 05-Apr-17
Shug 05-Apr-17
BOWUNTR 06-Apr-17
21-Feb-17
Just curious who's planning on shooting the 3D course in Saint Louis... I'm up in the air had shoulder surgery in November and I just make sure I'm recovered 100% so I don't screw it up

21-Feb-17
Thanks Shug.... I was gonna post this thread. I'll get a Genesis bow for ya...

I'm in, who else? Ed F

21-Feb-17
Shug...My daughter has a bright blue mini Genesis you could use.

21-Feb-17
I will be making an appearance--in between performing my duties as bouncer at the "meet and greet"

21-Feb-17
Funny guys on this site...

Just curious what does the Genesis max out at?

22-Feb-17
This event was created at the request of the infamous cityhunter so I'm sure he'll be there.

22-Feb-17
Mini maxes out at 12 lbs...but you can turn it down.

If Zack shoots 3D like he golfs, you guys are in TROUBLE.

22-Feb-17
Am shooting as well. Zack is already talking trash so as one of his "life coaches" he has graciously offered me 7 shots to his 1 as my handicap.....

Mark

22-Feb-17
I just want to go and watch. I can't compete with you "Westerners". My max is 25 yards. Hell, I can't hit a mule deer at 35!

22-Feb-17
THAT's why you bought that 7 arrow Tight Spot Mark. I knew there was an ulterior reason.

22-Feb-17
Not me. Don't want to make a fool out of myself. Oh wait, did that before at P and Y. I think. Not gonna do it again. lol.

22-Feb-17
Shame I can't go. World's best 3-D shoot heckler.

22-Feb-17
Rob... that's a great idea! Ned and I will yell stuff at them and throw beer cans. If anyone knows any personal stuff about some of the contestants, feel free to PM the details. :)

22-Feb-17
Will the Bowhunter video crew be on the scene to catch some footage for a future show. Randy Ulmer could critique various shooting forms and styles.

22-Feb-17
Rob... I'd take that challenge. I've made more than a few people tear up their score card and leave the course for a cold one

22-Feb-17
Man I wish I could be there for this, I'd need that rubber boot thread just to wade through all the BS :) Unfortunately I was forced to choose between St Louis and Elk/Mule Deer as I was told unequivocally that I am taking the family to Disney for vacation this summer and any "Archerycations" are off the table until next year. I was out voted 4-1, although Jill Stein and I think half pint was coerced by her mother and demand a recount. :)

22-Feb-17
I'd bring my recurve, but I like you guys and I don't want to kill any of you.

22-Feb-17
There's 12 signed up so far... come on guys... We need twice that fo the beer cart girl to show up. Cityhunter is a no show so far. BTW I'm in charge so this is gonna be a really serious deal... bring your wallets... Ed F

22-Feb-17
Ed I'll bring my bow if you let me shoot with you...

22-Feb-17
Done... I'm gonna shoot traditional... No excuses Rick... Ed F

22-Feb-17
Done... I'm gonna shoot traditional... No excuses Rick... Ed F

22-Feb-17
I haven't sent registration in, but plan to shoot.

22-Feb-17
I didn't know you needed 24 people before the girl with the beer cart will show up. I'll pay for 12 more spots right now!

22-Feb-17
Does the registration come with a cart rental? Zack likely will need one!

I'm registered! Don't want to let Ed down...

22-Feb-17
it only took three years of lobbying for Joe to develop the 7 arrow Tightspot quiver....I certainly don't want to disappoint him!

Ed F said it will be a "fun shoot".......an old wise Canadian Archer once said, "There is always hope if carbon is in the air!"

Looking forward to it!

Pat, Jake and Mad Trapper signed up yet?:)

Mark

23-Feb-17
I'm in but if we can't get to 24 maybe Zack can dress the part?????

23-Feb-17
Don't make this weird, Bill :)

23-Feb-17
I thought it was Ned who dressed up weird?

23-Feb-17

trkyslr's embedded Photo
trkyslr's embedded Photo
Even though it's the P&Y shoot someone better be wearing one of these during that shoot just for old Ed since he missed out on the shirt release at the CBH state bh party this last year. Zack????????

24-Feb-17
I'm thinking about it I no longer have a 3 d Bow So if I decide to shoot I will have my hunting bow with Arrows in my Quiver with Broadheads.. I hope I don't loose any arrows I had one break last fall in a whitetail buck so I only have about 15 left

24-Feb-17
Bigdan...Not to worry...Mark W. can carry a few extra arrows for you in that new fancy quiver of his...;)

24-Feb-17
I'm going scouting for a few days afterwards in AZ and I'm not leaving my bow in the truck. I'll come if I can shoot someone else's bow. Not shooting one of these 80 lb tanks or the Genesis.

28-Feb-17
I am sending my registration in tomorrow....guess I better get a bow dialed in:)

So Ed, what are the rules? Are you going to have different classes or everyone shoots same stake? Guessed yardage or do I need a range finder? If it is just for fun some guys may want to use a range finder. If I am in Dan's group he has to shoot first!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone!!

Matt

28-Feb-17
I don't know... You guys tell me how you want it. We are having the shoot at a big Missouri DNR property, Busch Conservation area. We just had the P&Y panel scoring there, beautiful place. The 3D's are brand new, donated by sponsors. The range will be set up before I get there, so I will be able to scout it out before hand. I figured we'd just go shoot some arrows and have fun. I don't care if we keep score or not. What do you guys want? Ed F

28-Feb-17
Works for me!!! Fun is always the best!

28-Feb-17
I am fine having just a fun shoot. Mark and Bill would find a way to cheat anyway...

28-Feb-17
trkyslr.... I'll be wearing my shirt for sure. Ed F

28-Feb-17
That is a fine looking shirt!

01-Mar-17
Are you going to sell the targets after? I'd love to buy the target that Zack misses.... Would be fun to post a pic on here and FB every now and again!

All in good fun you know.

01-Mar-17
I was curious about that as well

01-Mar-17
I'm in..... Can't wait!

02-Mar-17
"I'd love to buy the target that Zack misses..."

Nothing but abuse for you Zack. Nothing but abuse. Buncha haters :)

02-Mar-17
I've been practicing my "gaitlin gun technique"...

P&Y fundraiser by selling the targets is a great idea....lets do it!

Mark

02-Mar-17
No competition? Figured you guys would be afraid of taking on cityhunter in the Championship round!

Participation Certificates will be awarded at the Meet & Greet:)

02-Mar-17
I will miss every single target, if it will help with fundraising for P&Y. I'm just sad the "state champion" archer will not be there to defend his title in a new setting

02-Mar-17
Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy the targets Zack hits?

02-Mar-17
Can the shoot be signed up at the banquet or does it need to be done prior with the banquet paper work?

02-Mar-17
Shug...If you wear "the shirt", it is a guaranteed victory. Sign up...

02-Mar-17
Shug are you still shooting with your teeth?

02-Mar-17
No way Cory...

And to the second Cory I haven't been I just turned the bow weight down considerably so I can get some form back

02-Mar-17
Probably best, you'd hate to lose more teeth. ;)

02-Mar-17
I think Champ might be planning a "surprise visit" to shoot our lights out....but then buying us all styrofoam concellation dinners:)!

Mark

02-Mar-17
You guys are HILARIOUS. Yes, I'm sorry I can't be there...But not too sorry. ;) And Shug...Don't cut the shirt's "mojo" short. I've seen it work its magic first hand.

"Consolation" con·so·la·tion.

NOUN

comfort received by a person after a loss or disappointment: "there was consolation in knowing that others were worse off" synonyms: comfort · solace · sympathy · compassion · pity · commiseration · [more] •a person or thing providing comfort to a person who has suffered: "the church was the main consolation in a short and hard life" • US

sports

a round or contest for tournament entrants who have been eliminated before the finals, often to determine third and fourth place.

02-Mar-17
And you're guaranteed at least one spectator... I'm coming from James Bay in northern Quebec just to watch you guys.

02-Mar-17
Is every target gonna be an African lion target?? That would be awesome.

02-Mar-17
Scott, can you please make sure you have a contact for golf cart rentals? I will need one of those for the 3-D shoot

02-Mar-17
I'm disappointed I can't make it this year. I would be shooting the 3D tourney for sure if I could have made it.

04-Mar-17
State schools in MN didn't get me very far in life Kota:)!

Say it isn't so.....Zack is our "bev cart chic?"

Mark

20-Mar-17
Ok... we have 20 signed up. Friendly 3D, we'll keep score for 2017 titles to be carried over. Traditional, fingers and release classes... Targets will be sold or maybe given away to participants. Clout shoot, team elimination shoot and whatever else we can dream up. Any other ideas? We need 4 more for the beer cart girl to show up... just sayin'. Ed F

20-Mar-17
Going to be a great time! Thanks for putting it together Ed.

21-Mar-17
Can we keep the targets close I'm only bringing 12 arrows!

21-Mar-17
Going to be fun!

I think I might need to actually shoot my bow if we are keeping score...

21-Mar-17
If Champ kills early in his hunt and comes then we only need 3 more!

Mark

21-Mar-17
I guess I can fold down my curve and bring it... then you guys could have something to laugh at. You could also debate if I'm snap shooting, string walking, gun barreling or instinctive. ;)

21-Mar-17
If I kill early and go from Grise Fiord, Nunavut to KC, I may as well not go back home....EVER.

21-Mar-17
Kota, remember, we are talking about hunting, conservation, changing the world for the good and the opportunity to hang with like minded good hearted people.......and a bev cart!

Mark

21-Mar-17
But I'm only allowed to be around Zack once a year in a "social" setting...

21-Mar-17
I am not bringin my bow as I don't want to embarrass myself anymore than I already do. Sounds like a fun event. Surprised that more people have not signed up for it.

21-Mar-17
I'm bringing my bow but don't wanna hear anything when I pace a little closer than the shooting stakes...I haven't shot in quite a while

21-Mar-17
C'mon Kota. I give you permission to hang out with me twice this year. It will be OK...trust me

22-Mar-17
Man I wish this was on Friday. I don't get there until until Thursday night. Sounds like a good time.

22-Mar-17
Kota, You actually tell her what day you kill? I learned long ago that I always kill on the last day of the trip!!

See you in St. Louis, not KC... :)

22-Mar-17
Lucky I'm not going...My reservations would be in the wrong town...

Zack...With my schedule this fall "the Warden" isn't handing out many "pardons".

22-Mar-17
You folks going to stack the targets two deep for Jake???

23-Mar-17
Ned,

Bring your bow and shoot...just leave your tutu and flo orange tube top at home...that would be an "unfair" advantage!

Mark

23-Mar-17
lol. I am not a good shot. Can't show my true colors.

31-Mar-17
Where is the undisputed champion- Cityhunter? Is he going to shoot?

31-Mar-17
I think Mr. Watkins is the odds-on favorite coming in. I have a secret weapon though to bring him down

31-Mar-17
"Cityhunter" .... Quit P & Y .... he was a stand up guy .... He also was a 'scorer' for P & Y .... "SAD" !!

01-Apr-17
Anyone else shooting in the fingers class?

01-Apr-17
Is that a loaded question????

01-Apr-17
Quitting is pretty sad.... Not sure why any passionate bowhunter would do that.

01-Apr-17
That's a shame... This 3D is basically happening because he called P&Y out for not having an archery shoot. Did he quit Bowsite and bow hunting all together? Ed F

01-Apr-17
Ed, that is pretty crazy, if true, that one person can have that much influence. Especially someone that obviously wasn't committed to the Club's larger cause.

If that's the case, I would like the next convention to be in southern Canada and everyone who attends gets to go on a black bear hunt... at least I can promise I would show up!

02-Apr-17
Anyone else not touched there bow since December? I'm going to pack the 7 arrow TS with my old beat up has been arrows so when I "sail the targets" and start breaking carbon it won't hurt the wallet too bad.

Zack, thanks for the "age and skill equalizer"....I get 3 shots for every 1 of yours....very much appreciated (and needed)!

Mark

02-Apr-17
I'll stick my neck out and defend Louis. I wish guys wouldn't be so hard on him. He's a good guy and has his beliefs and sticks to them. He's also a Hell of a bowhunter, a man of courage who goes into grizz country alone to hunt elk, and a patriot. I'm willing to say this despite my being a staunch defender of the Club.

03-Apr-17
+1 Ike

03-Apr-17
Sounds like Louis is another one of the guys that is a great guy in person but comes off like a jerk on bowsite. I know several that are that way.

I don't know him like you guys do so to me it is frustrating to follow along with all his comments over the years and then one of his criticisms has been addressed and he is no longer around to participate. Hell, none of us agree with everything P&Y does but still support them. I wish he would have got involved more to try to influence the direction of the club if it mattered so much.

Oh well, we will have a good time shooting and telling stories. See you in a couple days!!!

Matt

03-Apr-17
I don't agree with Louis on his criticisms of the Club. He has a point, for sure, but I also don't agree with how he went about voicing his concerns.

03-Apr-17
I'm a jerk on bowsite and in person (Matt knows), soon you will all see. But, I still support the club. (<--- I get points for that). See you fartknockers on Wednesday!

03-Apr-17
You are the opposite Rick....a way bigger jerk in person!!! ??

03-Apr-17
You're just mad because I don't have the horseshoe bend in my hat bill. :)

03-Apr-17

Biker's embedded Photo
Love CITYHUNTER !!!
 Biker's embedded Photo
Love CITYHUNTER !!!
The infamous CITYHUNTER got the 3d done .!!!You guys owe me 3d is way better then golf .Matt for the record I contacted the club numerous times about my concerns about allowing members with convicited poaching violations to remain as members . They never replied. .. Matt if u are ok being affiliated with a organization that's based on fair chase but allows poachers to remain members so be it .. I also contacted many on this site about about this issue all I got was side stepping BS from it's members. In today's anti hunting movement allowing poachers inside a club that's based on conservation and fair chase it's crazy . It's like allowing a cop to join a outlaw bike club. Matt if my remarks upset u should have pm d me . Zackm I was way deeper into the club the u realize that's why it was a no brainier to leave it . Plus it wouldn't be fair if I competed in a 3d with you all I seen some of your kill shots or empty quivers lol .

03-Apr-17
Thanks for your detailed response. For the record your comments never upset me. However, most came off to me as 'my way or the highway'. Maybe I misinterpreted. My 'jerk' comment was out of line and I apologize.

Wish you were going to make convention and the 3D shoot to BS in person vs interpretation on a hunting forum. Without knowing the details of your concerns it is hard to make a decision on my involvement with the club. I will say that I have done a lot of dumb stuff in my life and am pretty quick to give people a 2nd chance.

Matt

03-Apr-17
Matt I enjoyed many conventions while a member . Hope all Enjoy the 3d shoot . And get home safe !!!

03-Apr-17
While I respect your opinion, there are always bad apples in every organization whether it's work or otherwise. It's YOUR choice to decide if you let them ruin your own spirit for the greater cause at hand. Sorry to see you leave the organization although in my opinion your points make a case to stay and try to improve aspects you don't like. The mission of the club is what should be most important to all of us.

Best wishes to all traveling and attending the conference this year, wish I could make it!

04-Apr-17
Too far for me.

04-Apr-17
Ok... my bow is with me...for the record. I fell a few weeks back and re tore my shoulder and need surgery again... I turned the weight down on my bow quite a bit and nearly doubled my tip weight so my arrows fly straight... should be interesting

04-Apr-17
We will have fun!!

Ed, not sure you are checking in on this, but with rain in the forecast tomorrow is the course pretty well drained or should we be prepared for a swamp?

04-Apr-17
Will I be able to shoot in my flip flops?

04-Apr-17
Will I be able to shoot somebody else's bow? I brought my release. :)

04-Apr-17
I threw my flip flops in as well Zack??

04-Apr-17
?? Supposed to be a :)

04-Apr-17
I'm liking the calm winds that are forecast:)

20-30mph. Gusting to 40mph

This is going to be fun!

Mark

04-Apr-17
I may be borrowing someone's recurve and leaving my bow at the hotel. I feel like there may be some "drive-by" shooting for this event

05-Apr-17
Relax... bring your bows... Ed F

05-Apr-17
Also, the Bowsite "Meet & Greet" will be in the "Grand Hall" not the Grand Ballroom. Please pass around to attendees. Thx

05-Apr-17
We are planning on driving down and going straight to the 3d shoot on Thursday. Can anyone tell me if we can drive straight out to the shoot or do we have to stop at the convention and sign up first. If we can what is the address we can punch in? We would prefer to stop right there and then check in to the hotel later.

05-Apr-17
Ed's answer for everything.....relax!

So I guess flip flops will work Zack!

I would rather shoot in cold windy conditions than golf in them did there is always a positive:)

05-Apr-17
Matt... Archery Golf?

06-Apr-17

BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
The first biannual Cityhunter Memorial 3D Shoot is about to begin. Here we go, 30+ shooters, beer cart girls enroute... Ed F

• Sitka Gear