onX Maps
R&K Hunting Co - Utah
Elk
Contributors to this thread:
Riplip 22-Feb-17
Dikndirt 22-Feb-17
kentuckbowhnter 22-Feb-17
22-Feb-17
Got invited by a good friend on a rifle elk hunt in early October on a very large private ranch in Utah. Outfitter is R&K Hunting Company, this is a big bucks type of hunt and usually not something I would be interested in, however I really like the guy that invited me and I am sure it would be a great time. I am not interested in the rifle elk hunt but I am considering going as an archery hunt (any legal weapon hunt). Two questions, first has anyone heard of or had any experience with R&K (good or bad) as I cant find too much other than whats on their website, feel free to PM if so. Secondly any thoughts about about archery potential that late in the season? (October 6-12th). I am concerned about being a bit too late and having a tough time getting within archery range? Thanks in advance.

22-Feb-17
I have heard of R&K and believe them to be a legit operation. They lease some excellent properties and from the look of it you should have a quality elk hunt. As far as the later date I would think there would still be the tail end of the rut action going on......as far as being able to get close that is more up to your abilities. Bull's would still be at least a little vocal and on unpressured private land I would think you could get within archery range. J.F.

22-Feb-17
I have hunted with R&K three times for elk and mule deer and have a Utah elk hunt booked with them this year in September. They are first class all the way, best outfit I have used in the west. you wont be disappointed.

• Sitka Gear