t-roy 03-Mar-17
Nesser 03-Mar-17
Nesser 03-Mar-17
The last savage 04-Mar-17
22-Feb-17

Big Fin's embedded Photo
Big Fin's embedded Photo

Big Fin's Link
Corey Jacobsen and I were elk hunting in New Mexico last year. Corey can see a shed antler from a mile away. I have a rule that I follow when shed antlers are found while elk hunting. My method always brings good luck, though it took a while to convince Corey of that notion.

More explanation at the video link.

22-Feb-17
I'll keep my eyes open, what unit was that in? I sometimes hang sheds in camp and leave them for the next hunter to enjoy.

22-Feb-17
Do the same thing.

Hung a matched set in a tree in the Gila from a 380+ class bull over 30 years ago. They were still there several years later when I was back in there and a buddy of mine hauled them out. Told him it was bad luck.

22-Feb-17
I find them and pack them out to add to my collection that is in the garage. No bone left behind.

22-Feb-17
I pick them up. Couple years back I found a pair of sheds that had 58" beams with a broadhead hole about half way up one.

22-Feb-17
I always seem to pick them up and take a goofy pic with them against my head.....weird, but a shed tradition none the less!

Mark

22-Feb-17
Ha! You are crazy, Randy. Good video!

22-Feb-17

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
This one was good luck for me. Found it the first morning I hunted that season. Killed my first bull 7 days later.

22-Feb-17
They're trophies to me. I display some of the best ones around inside my cabin.

I've found 15 Shiras sheds, but never a matched pair no matter how thoroughly I've looked. This year I found a great set in an unlikely place in the middle of nowhere, as if he'd placed them there. They're now hanging off a cabin loft railing on leather thongs, framing a big muley mount. That was wife's idea.

22-Feb-17

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Getting a weird error so I'll try to attach the moose shed pics on this post.

23-Feb-17
Jaq the first set i found was a set! Moose that is. 1/2 mile apart.

but then again they could be different and I've been lying to myself all this time!!

23-Feb-17
No sheds but I have found two elk deadheads and a MD dead head. Packed them out. Come to think of those are the only physical trophies of those hunts. Apparently bad ju ju and I didn't know it.

23-Feb-17
Leaving antlers behind is almost as bad as leaving a man behind lol

23-Feb-17
Brown gold!

photo DSC04147.jpg

23-Feb-17
I usually find sheds early in the day, while chasing bugles. Of course I pick them up and carry the damn thing around all day! In New Mexico last fall the number and size of sheds we found was ridiculous!

23-Feb-17

ROUGHCOUNTRY's embedded Photo
Happens to me every year.........I was hunting deer with my son and he had the only tag.....I didn't expect much to happen on my end but ended up shooting two beautiful coyotes with his gun and glassed up this beauty of an elk shed. I'm probably looking at the ground too much:)

23-Feb-17

My Dad drew a limited MT rifle elk tag and I found this mule deer shed while chasing elk with him and another rag horn while dragging out this bull....

23-Feb-17
I rarely find sheds during big game seasons. But during turkey season I usually hunt in the morning and shed hunt from lunch til dark. Maybe that's why I still haven't shot a turkey in Colorado lol.

23-Feb-17

IdyllwildArcher's embedded Photo
IdyllwildArcher's embedded Photo
2014 Selway-Bitteroot Wilderness, Idaho: no elk seen, no sheds found, several deadheads located.

23-Feb-17

Destroyer350's embedded Photo
Destroyer350's embedded Photo

23-Feb-17
I have right hand sheds from the previous two years before I killed my 210 net muley buck. Found them after I'd killed him. Very cool to see how the rack progressed until he "blew up" the year I shot him.

23-Feb-17

jwoods's embedded Photo
jwoods's embedded Photo
All collected in the first 48 hours of our elk hunt a couple years ago. The elk sheds were found while packing out the bigger bull.

23-Feb-17

jwoods's embedded Photo
jwoods's embedded Photo
sorry for the double post.

23-Feb-17
How cool would it be to find the sheds of the bull you're packing out? Now that would be a story!

23-Feb-17

wilbur's embedded Photo
wilbur's embedded Photo
NM hunt from 2009. Sheds, heads, and quarters all illuminated by the camp fire.

Was a great hunt.

23-Feb-17

sheds's embedded Photo
sheds's embedded Photo
I picked all these up during a three week hunt in Colorado

26-Feb-17
I BEEN DOING THIS FOR YEARS TOO

26-Feb-17
I'd like to follow you guys around! There wouldn't be any horns left in the trees I can guarantee you that!! Sorry but I take em with me. Too much fun!

02-Mar-17
2014 Selway-Bitteroot Wilderness, Idaho: no elk seen, no sheds found, several deadheads located.

03-Mar-17
2008 I think...young bull I killed died with his chin on a shed antler. Wonder what the true odds of that happening is. Randy this is cool and I've come across antlers in trees in Colorado

03-Mar-17

Nesser's embedded Photo
Nesser's embedded Photo
Actually was 2011 found a pic

03-Mar-17

Nesser's embedded Photo
Nesser's embedded Photo
Had to pick this one up and keep it though

03-Mar-17
Nesser was that recent??

03-Mar-17
Looks like a year old to me Nesser! ;-)

03-Mar-17
Was March 2nd last year...

03-Mar-17

Nesser's embedded Photo
Nesser's embedded Photo
T Roy that's as brown as they come....he just walked over the hill and left it when he jumped the driveway

04-Mar-17
Cool pics and story's to boot....

• Sitka Gear