Nick Muche 24-Feb-17
Halibutman 24-Feb-17
hitmanonmac 24-Feb-17
wild1 24-Feb-17
LKH 24-Feb-17
midwest 24-Feb-17
Halibutman 24-Feb-17
23-Feb-17
Looking for a good drop service in Alaska for 2018. I would greatly appreciate any info.

23-Feb-17
Should have mentioned, we are looking for caribou and maybe moose combo.

23-Feb-17
40 mile Air is a good one

24-Feb-17
Good enough that you are probably to late for "18

24-Feb-17
Agree 40 mile air is a good choice.

24-Feb-17
Folks should offer him outfits that will actually have openings. The chances of 40 Mile having an opening for a new customer aren't very good. He could try... Or he could book with one of the other 3-5 places that likely can facilitate him.

PM me if you'd like a few other options.

Hope you make this hunt happen, Alaska is the greatest.

24-Feb-17
Nick nailed my sentiments exactly on this subject.

Which area of the state are you targeting? Is caribou your primary target? Please realize that although a "combo hunt" is possible, it's not likely the area will be good for both animals. A caribou can show up anywhere, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to hunt them everywhere.

Is cost a factor in your decision process, or do you prefer to go to the best place? If I were you, I'd pay a little more in travel cost to get to an under hunted area.

24-Feb-17
Thanks guys. Caribou is our main target, we would like to go somewhere with moose though. Price is a factor, but I am definitely willing to give up more money for a better outfit. Also, I would like a place that can rent out tent and camp gear.

24-Feb-17
You should look into Papa Bear Adventures and/or Golden Eagle Outfitters.

24-Feb-17
On a drop, the logistics of moving a moose pretty well dictate you camp near your hunt and expecting both just isn't a good plan. Plan for one, buy both tags, and if you get lucky, so be it. You can always use the spare tag on a bear.

24-Feb-17
I'm going for caribou only.

...cuz I know I'll be back. :-)

24-Feb-17
If all I wanted was a caribou, I'd fly out of Kavik in late August.

Personally, I've never killed a caribou in the spot where I like to moose hunt, nor a moose in any of my caribou spots.

Jetliner to Prudhoe Bay/Deadhorse....shared charter flight to Kavik River Camp.... Super Cub into ANWR. The guy I flew with in 2011 was named Dan Sailors. He flew a Husky, and his business was called Husky Aviation. I have no idea if he is still in business.

There were other operators working out of Kavik at that time also. Hell, you could just call the camp and see who is going to be flying from there.

Good luck!

• Sitka Gear