Hawkeye 25-Feb-17
T Mac 25-Feb-17
Greg Kush 25-Feb-17
pav 26-Feb-17
Bou'bound 26-Feb-17
KGhunter 26-Feb-17
Medicinemann 26-Feb-17
24-Feb-17
I solicited input from fellow bowhunters a couple months ago, regarding a speech that I was going to have to give. Many of you gave me some great ideas to consider/use. As a follow-up, I wanted to show you the results. Go back to the original thread (My five minutes....), if you'd like to see the link/video (I posted it on the original thread, so all thoughts and comments are contained in one thread, so you don't have to search between various articles). I started a second thread merely so that original responders wouldn't think that I was still looking for input.......I actually posted the video for interested parties to watch.....and if any of you are ever approached to speak in public, please feel free to cut/paste from my talk, if it will help you in any way, shape, or form.

For those of you that offered suggestions, and input, I thank you.

24-Feb-17
Here's Jake's video as well.

I was looking forward to tossing in some smart-azz comment for fun just to razz you Jake, but I think you did a good job. Thanks for representing us well and putting in a plug for more access too.

24-Feb-17
Very well done Jake. Bravo!

24-Feb-17
Super job Jake . Congrats on a very nice honor !

24-Feb-17
Great job Jake! Congratulations! We could hardly be better represented.

24-Feb-17
Congratulations on your induction. Great speech and I especially liked the preparation for the cold weather hunt and what followed. Unreal!

24-Feb-17
Who is the dude in the suit? :) Well done my friend.

24-Feb-17
Congrats and great job !

24-Feb-17
Great Job Jake!

Nice Tie!

Scar.

24-Feb-17
Jake, I liked that a lot. Paul

24-Feb-17
FINALLY! Someone noticed my tie.....I love that tie....and Nancy practically rolls her eyes everytime I want to wear it.....or maybe it is because I want to wear it everytime.....I dunno....lol

24-Feb-17
Congratulations on both your induction and fine acceptance speech. Well done!

24-Feb-17
The tie was the first thing I noticed, then I had to watch your speech:)

Congratulations on the induction to the Chautauqua Sports Hall of Fame!

Great speech to promote bowhunting.

Thank you!

24-Feb-17
Public speaking is one of the hardest things the majority of us can be asked to do. Some are naturals at this but most others work very hard to be effective public speakers. You did real well Jake!

No matter how any one there interprets your acceptance speech they can not argue your passion and how well you prepared for your hunts and your speech! Bravo!!! C

24-Feb-17
Great job...well done

24-Feb-17
Cool

24-Feb-17

dakotaduner's Link
Well played and congratulations Jake. I enjoyed your passion in the speach. The write up in the hall of fame web site is excellent also. Hope the link works to share it.

24-Feb-17
Well done Jake!

24-Feb-17
Well done and congrats!

24-Feb-17
Great job Jake!

24-Feb-17
Great job Jake! Congratulations on your induction.........that's pretty cool and you represent the hunting public quite well :-)

24-Feb-17
Let me offer my congratulations on a great speech and an excellent job of presenting it.

24-Feb-17
Wonderful, Jake! Congratulations on your well deserved honor.

24-Feb-17
Very well done Jake. Congrats my friend!

24-Feb-17
Well said! Just added your thread to my favourites. Mark

24-Feb-17
Jake, First, congratulations on a great honor to a very well deserving citizen!

Second, thank you for representing us all with your passionate message.....you did fantastic!!!

Mark

25-Feb-17
I very rarely will sit and listen to a vid-speech but by hell I did on yours Jake. Well done

Like your tie too

Good luck, Robb

25-Feb-17
Good job and congratulations

25-Feb-17
One of the best ambassador's that we have and proud to know you. You did great my friend :-)

25-Feb-17
Jake congratulations on your induction and excellent speech. I really enjoyed listening to it and by the applause it was well received!

25-Feb-17
Congratulations on the honor and great job on the speech!

26-Feb-17
Well done Jake! Congrats!

26-Feb-17
Excellent as we would expect. Tell the truth...... are you now signing your name with "hof 2017" after it going forward?

26-Feb-17
Spoken from the heart of a true bow-hunter! Totally Awesome Speech!!!

26-Feb-17
For lack of a better way to describe it, I was " video interviewed" a year or two ago. One of the portions of the interview was about my polar bear bowhunt....which Pat shared with Bowsite back in 2007 as a feature hunt (I think it was called "Direct from the ice...") or something like that. Apparently, as a result of some recent news, those videos have now resurfaced on Youtube....which is fine. However, someone using the moniker "Adam Ruby" decided to go onto the comments section of the polar bear video and post some rubbish. I knew that it was going to be negative in nature when I noticed that his icon was a white wolf.....

It's one thing to have a contrary opinion. I have no problem having an intelligent debate with someone, but when people make up stuff, with no basis in fact, it really pisses me off....thus the need to vent. Luckily, that is a two way street....and I was able to provide a factual response which should set the record straight, and perhaps undermine his credibility....or at least get him to think twice about criticizing something before he conducts some research.

• Sitka Gear