Nick Muche 10-Mar-17
kellyharris 10-Mar-17
kellyharris 10-Mar-17
TD 10-Mar-17
APauls 10-Mar-17
TD 10-Mar-17
Kevin™ 10-Mar-17
26-Feb-17
I have an opportunity to hunt this summer and was looking for clothing suggestions for when the temps could be in the 90s with high humidity.

I've browsed through old threads and was also wondering if there was anything new on the market in warm weather clothing.

I'm looking for pants, shirt and socks.

Are the kuiu Tiburon pants worth it? I have the attack pants but they seem warm to me at 60 deg.

I am a big fan of darn tough socks. Are their hot weather socks really light enough to wear when it's 90deg out?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Kevin

26-Feb-17
Where and what are you hunting?

26-Feb-17
Look for breathable lightweight synthetic shirts. I like merino wool, but it doesn't dry as quickly in humid weather. Depending on where you are hunting, you may want long sleeves to protect from sun and bugs. Also, check out Prana Zion stretch pants-they aren't camo but are available in neutral colors. Slightly stretchy and breathable and the best pants I've ever worn for hot weather. Our archery season opens in Sept and temps are normally in the 90s and very humid until early Oct, so most of the season we have to dress like this and just learn to deal with the heat...

26-Feb-17
The Tiburon pants are pretty nice in hot weather (we often hunt in 90-100 degree weather here in CA), especially if there is a breeze, They are much lighter than the Attacks.

26-Feb-17
What type of hunting? I live in Texas and it is often hot. I wear a wicking "coolmax" type long sleeve shirt and shorts if I'm not crawling through a lot of thorny brush.

26-Feb-17
Tusx out of Australia is what you want!

26-Feb-17
Sitka SubAlpine for top end. Good luck. C

26-Feb-17
I have a camo UA heat gear long sleeve shirt which is great. Picked it up on a store closer for 70% off. Otherwise I think it lists for $80.

26-Feb-17
Ha! goyt, we must shop at the same place. I picked up a couple UA Cool Gear camo long sleeved shirts years ago...$10 each. When it's hot, they're all I wear.

26-Feb-17

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
I was in a pronghorn blind when it was 95 degrees in side. I stripped down to my underwear and was comfortable. What is the saying, "what goes on in the blind, stays in the blind". Or something like that.

26-Feb-17
I found some light weight microtex clothing in the bargain cave at Cabelas several years ago that I have been fairly happy with. Archery season starts here in KY the first part of September and we always have quite a few days in the 90's. That said, I'm sitting in a treestand for that type of hunting. Good luck!

26-Feb-17

Bowriter's embedded Photo
Bowriter's embedded Photo
Here is mine.

26-Feb-17
Thanks all for the suggestions.

I might have to order the Tiburon pants before the hunt. Hopefully they have a sale again.

Charlie- I searched for subalpine and nothing came back. it looks like it isn't being released until spring.

Paul- thanks for that mental image buddy! Lol. Tmi

bowriter- I knew the ASAT guys were a different breed, but that's some next level s?!T right there.

26-Feb-17
I pack a white t-shirt to put on when hiking back out in the open after a morning hunt.

26-Feb-17
I hunt here in camo polyester shorts and ankle socks , and a camo shirt of the litest material I can find . and crocks and mesh hat . its hot here till November . I am getting a hat with a fan mounted on top for next season .

26-Feb-17
Tibs!

27-Feb-17
If its warm and dry, like what I encounter in Arizona during winter months, cotton from Dollar General works well. At night and early morning it can be a bit cool, so I have a couple layers of fleece, but for the most part cotton T-shirts, jeans or Carharts is all you need.

If you were talking about someplace where weather can be an issue, I wouldn't consider cotton, but if you are going back to a lodge, house, or cabin at night and its mild during the day, cotton works great. Its warm and its quiet.

27-Feb-17
Shorts and T-shirt under leafy wear net camo!

27-Feb-17
Kevin:

As noted previously, the 2017 Sitka Ascent series (offered in Subalpine camo pattern) will be the bomb for hot weather hunting. I was able to see it in person and it's on my wish/order list.

It should be available as early as mid April, so plenty of time for your summer hunting.

Carl

27-Feb-17
Smarba- what is their lightest weight shirt in that line?

27-Feb-17
Kevin,

Why don't you be a little more informational with the environment you will be hunting and your activity level- sitting, standing, walking, Will you be in sun or shade? What time of day would you be hunting ? That might help in getting some accurate responses.

I live in hot summer climate with extremely high humidity- got about 70 yrs. experience in that arena. JMHO

28-Feb-17
To funny Bowriter!! haha

Good luck, Robb

28-Feb-17
Lightest Sitka top would be Core Lightweight, but that is generally intended to be a base/wicking layer (not as durable as tops designed as outerwear). Lightest intended outerwear top will be the Ascent Shirt, which will be my new go-to for early season here in New Mexico.

I believe the Core Lightweight Crew with Ascent Shirt will be the perfect hot weather setup for me.

28-Feb-17
I ran the tiburons this last season on a 7 day hunt in September in ne Oregon, cannot say enough good things about them when the temps climb. Layer a base under them for the chilly mornings and ur good to go. I also ran the darn toughs and was very impressed with them. Pretty spendy but no hot spots or blisters. Both items are money well spent.

28-Feb-17
Shorts and underarmour heat gear down here in bow season for me.

28-Feb-17
I hunt pigs all summer and normally wear mountain hardware shorts, merino wool t-shirt and snake boots.

28-Feb-17
The Core Lightweight breathes, wicks and dries like wearing nothing. I've worn UA Heat Gear short sleeved tee and there is zero comparison. The Ascent Shirt is not available yet, and I've only seen the demo. I'm sure there are some out there who are testers for Sitka that have used the prototype versions last season that may chime in.

Based on my personal experience using Sitka for a decade, how the Ascent Shirt is advertised to perform, and my feeling the fabric of the demo, I'm predicting it to be a winner for hot weather.

28-Feb-17
The tiburons are lighter than the attacks and cooler..... not much protection though, like wearing pajama bottoms. I haven't had any issues with the attacks in hot weather, just open up the vents. But then my thermostat is set a bit higher than most folks.

What Bob said, if not much chance of weather and have decent shelter and other gear available if necessary, hard to beat a light cotton t-shirt in the heat. I hunt a good deal in a t-shirt and my asat leafy mesh over that.

28-Feb-17
When it comes to hot weather you don't need to spend a lot of dough. Military surplus desert camo (or whatever camo floats your boat) is fine, and a lot of that has a double seat - something conspicuously missing from a lot of uberbitchin high end clothing. In hot weather cotton is not a problem (sweat evap cools), and you don't need a lot of clothes so weight isn't a big issue either. Bottom line imo you don't need to drop major coin unless you want to. Between visits to a few good mil surplus stores and Cabelas bargain cave I've got what I need. Save your money for seasons when you'll want higher-end stuff to keep you warm, dry, and lightweight.

28-Feb-17
Cabelas makes a very thin camo longsleeve collared shirt that's vented in the back and behind the shoulders like a fishing shirt. I've worn it in Australia and also high desert elk hunting when daytime temps were in the high 80's and love it. If you get really hot you can soak it and it will cool down while drying. Very durable and quiet.

As far as pants, my favorites are the Core4Element in the lightest weight made. They have removable knee pads and cargo pockets. I presume Sylo now makes a similar pair but since they are terrible at customer service I'd never buy anything from them.

28-Feb-17
BTW, my buddies in Australia who hunt in very hot weather all the time wear the lightweight quick-dry hiking pants. I have several pairs from REI that I use for all my hot weather scouting. If you aren't camo-conscious, those also work really well, keep you cool, and protect your legs from scratchy stuff.

28-Feb-17
Depending on where you are hunting in the summer...... you could get the brightest colors you could find, maybe even tie-dye a few.... that and some patchouli oil for cover scent and lots of places you can walk right up to animals.....

28-Feb-17
TD that is too funny !

I can't stand the smell of Patchouli. when you smell it you know a dirty hippy is close by.

28-Feb-17
Ohiohunter, the ones I have are softer material and don't "swish". But I know what you mean!

01-Mar-17
I live and bowhunt in Hawaii all year. At times it's over 90F and never under 60F. I wear Sitka Ascent pants and a Core lightweight hoody on every hunt. I almost always have a rain jacket in my pack and will occasionally carry a jetstream vest just in case, especially if I'm hunting from a tree stand. The Ascent pants and core lightweight hoody will serve you well in warm/hot weather.

01-Mar-17
weekender21: just wait until you try the new Ascent line. I too was extremely happy with the Ascent pants and lightweight top, but the 2017 is head and shoulders better for hot weather.

01-Mar-17
First kite Kanab paints and one of there lite menero wool tops that is loose fitting is what I have been using for years and i am very happy with its performance. I discovered the darn tough socks a couple years ago and they have been a welcome addition.

01-Mar-17
Another vote here for Sitka Ascent

01-Mar-17
I would PM Nick Muche he is a subject matter expert when it comes to wearing jackets and stuff properly. Apparently there are a lot of folks who are not wearing their clothing correctly?

07-Mar-17
Some input on warm weather clothing, id suggest looking at the Badlands lineup. They have serveral in their current line up. The algus pants, ss shirt and facemask. They just came out with a long sleeve version of the algus short sleeve. I used both this past season antelope hunting in south dakota and was very pleased. They also have the Rev pant and a new jacket called the rev jacket with some merino wool vents to help heat escape. The jacket is meant for those cool mornings early season but still be light enough for warm weather.

08-Mar-17
Kelly, We certainly appreciate your thoughts and " expert opinion input" while sitting at the chili dog cheese shack in downtown Cinci chiseling down cold miller lights while waiting for the lights to turn so you can spin all four tires of your "monster truck"......really?

Look forward to meeting you in St Louis...

Mark

08-Mar-17
Glad to hear Mark Watkins :0)

I'm just making sure I don't lose sight of my 2017 resolution of making Nick Muche batshit crazy, Looks like I'm right in line with my goals. Thanks for letting me know that! :0) actually looks like I'm getting a 2 for 1 on this resolution! Lmao I had no idea I had two people stalking me so much?

just to keep you and the little Oompa up to date I have only had 2 beers since the (drinking in moderation thread) . That was only because restaurants only served nasty tap water not bottled water and I don't drink soda at all.

And the chili dogs at skyline as amazing as they are Morgan appreciates them more than I do so if not with her then maybe 2 or 3 times a year at tops.

It was not a monster truck not sure where you got that from it was just performance upgrade is all. Way to much for a 16 year old to get behind. But I could see where you would call it a monster truck since Nick may find a stock truck to be a monster truck!

If anyone owns a diesel and lives on S. Ohio I would highly recommend Warren County Diesel if you want your truck upgraded.

This should be a very fun event, I'm trying to talk Serbian Shark to go as well. That dude is 100% certified hilarious but then again most ex hockey players usually are!

10-Mar-17

Nick Muche's embedded Photo
Nick Muche's embedded Photo
Don't be a "poser" Mr. Harris... you should help the club progress by entering all your bucks.

10-Mar-17
LMAO Oompa!

Remember little fella this fall makes my 41st year bow hunting.

Dude, I won MillerCoors leadership excellence award a few years back aka equal to an employee of the year award, the trophy went to the local incinerator! Trophies do absolutely nothing for me. To be honest Nick if I kill anything or not ever again I could care less at this stage of my life/hunting. I am having a blast playing mind games with whatever mental issues you have. You are only feeding the fire :0)

I am not nor ever been into trophies for recognition. Reach out to JayG what he used as target practice when shooting a pistol. A few old archery trophies that I found in a box in my moms barn.

But Nick I must say your post like this just keeps me informed my 2017 resolution is working brother!

Hey as I told you before all kidding aside you have an invitation to hunt with me this year for a week if you want. I will even pick you up and drop you off at the airport (Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus) whichever is cheaper for you Cincy and Dayton are the same drive time for me. All you need to bring is your gear and a few Wonka chocolate bars. This is a so called Olive branch so maybe you will get past the point of attacking me for no reason as you have for about the last 6 years. But if you want to continue this hilarious game by all means I am good with it. Just remember your dealing with a guy who has spent the last 26 years in a union shop. What you are doing is baby's milk. As for your other members in your tree-house jumping on board some whom I have never talked to in my life but have your so called back with you just makes me grin from ear to ear my friend. :0) (Visualize Roman trumpets playing and someone shouting, Let the games begin) Well that's where I am at so it doesn't matter to me one way or the other). That's how I took this about a year ago and I am fine to keep it going.

Just do me a favor no more text with jokes about rape (not even remotely cool, actually any joke about rape is disgusting ) I don't care if it includes stuff like a rabbit!

Hey gotta get back to work.

Like I said in all seriousness I look forward to hunting together in November for that BOB.

10-Mar-17
Big dog is that from the movie (The Gods must be crazy)?

10-Mar-17
"Visualize Roman trumpets playing"

hard to ignore some kind of horn blowing...... good grief....

10-Mar-17
Well this one went sideways in a hurry.

As long as no one says Cabelas microtex. I got a pair of microtex pants a while back in my size blown out for $15, and they're good for cleaning up my yard. I would never wear them warm weather except for maybe sitting on a tree stand, but you can do that with sweat pants.

10-Mar-17
They make a microtex lite..... but no way would I even call that warm weather, much less hot. Have a regular microtex shirt I really like as a mid layer though. Their pants just never seem to fit right.

10-Mar-17

• Sitka Gear