JH 27-Feb-17
Shug 27-Feb-17
Shug 27-Feb-17
Shug 27-Feb-17
Buckskin 27-Feb-17
Shug 27-Feb-17
Fuzzy 27-Feb-17
27-Feb-17
I used a cabelas alaskan outfitters pack frame last year on my elk hunt and really like it but would like to improve the pack that i use with it this year. Does anybody run one of the big name bags like kifaru, stone glacier etc. With a cheaper pack frame? If so how compatible are they and how do you attach them?

27-Feb-17
I've only had a Kifaru for a couple of years and complications have reduced the amount of quality time spent with it, but I would think for hauling, you'd be better off putting an old bag on a Kifaru frame and suspension.

27-Feb-17
The frame is the reason you buy a Kifaru.

27-Feb-17
If you tried a Kifaru, EXO (what I have), etc. you would part with your other pack(s)!

Don't be offended, but a Kifaru pack on an external pack frame is like lipstick on a pig! :) Pun intended....

>>>>-------->

27-Feb-17
my thinking was that I would eventually buy the Kifaru frame but I wanted to get some more use out of my current pack frame since it worked perfectly fine. I didn't really like having a daypack, stuff sack, tent, sleeping bag/pad etc. all separately stacked on the frame. The load shifts around too much for my liking so I'm trying to find a way to secure everything. There's 3 female attachments for compression straps on each side of the frame so maybe some additional straps will be the way to go.

27-Feb-17
I've got a frame that breaks down and fits in a bag about 14" long and circular with a diameter about 6". It's meant for small plane use.

I can put compression straps forming an X and do this twice. I've hauled multiple caribou and elk with it, including 85# quarters. As long as you can get the straps secure to the frame and the frame is strong enough, I think that's the way to go.

27-Feb-17
I always carry some small rachet straps with. The less the meat moves the easier your pack out will be. If you have a quality frame you can get the straps pretty darn tight.

27-Feb-17
I thought I replied guess I didn't hit send... Bison Gear packs makes their packs custom made to your specs If you have a pack frame you prefer they can sew that pack frames attachments to it... I use the Peak 1 frame the buttons are sewn in during manufacturing stage

27-Feb-17

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo

27-Feb-17

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo

27-Feb-17
That's actually the same pack that I use. Maybe I can send it in to Bison gear to have it customized. Unfortunately Angelo is a hard man to get ahold of these days

27-Feb-17
Just sent him a text Buckskin

27-Feb-17
I just adjust the shoulder and waist straps to fit her.

• Sitka Gear