What's everyones go to phelps call???

27-Feb-17
Who or what is Phelps?

27-Feb-17
Elk call

27-Feb-17
His new reeds are supposed to be good.

27-Feb-17
I've never heard of them till just now. I'll have to look them up. Are they a new comer or have they be around a while?

27-Feb-17
Phelps Dragon Slayer is the only diaphragm I use anymore.

28-Feb-17
I plan on ordering some of his new ones to give a try.

28-Feb-17
Following. Looking at getting some this year. Was looking at the Dragon Slayer to start.

28-Feb-17
the Phelps site says the Dragon slayer is an excellent Roosevelt elk call, Never been around a Roosevelt elk and you really don't read or hear much about them, how do Roosevelt elk and Yellowstone elk compare as far as calls

28-Feb-17
The dragon slayer can make some pretty raspy bugles, that's the diaphragm I used the most last year. I just got in a bunch of his calls in the amp frame yesterday, but I haven't gotten a chance to try them yet.

28-Feb-17
I'm gonna have to pick a couple of up now.

28-Feb-17
their website has been down, it could be up now

28-Feb-17
Dragon Slayer makes great raspy cow calls too, but I can tighten my tongue on it and make soft cow-calf calls too. The bugle is where it shines, though. Thanks to David A for turning me onto it.

28-Feb-17
I bought their external Elk reed (the EZ Estrus) and haven't hunted with it yet but I feel like it's the easiest reed I've ever blown.

28-Feb-17
I just saw their website is back up but I didn't see the dragonslayer on there? Maybe it's discontinued. I use A bugling bull tube. I can't imagine this "unleashed" tube sounding much diff?

28-Feb-17
He might have replaced the dragon slayer with the beast. The latex looks similar. Text him and ask, he's always really good at answering questions.

28-Feb-17
Got an order of the amps with the aluminum on the way.

All, but the high pitch calf sound orange one. I was going to get the dragon slayer and tagnotcher, but since they released the new ones I order those instead. Can't wait to try them!

• Sitka Gear