wkochevar 06-Mar-17
Zbone 13-Mar-17
TD 13-Mar-17
4FINGER 16-Mar-17
4FINGER 16-Mar-17
06-Mar-17

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
I happen to be out photographing mule deer, before they dropped their antlers (at least that is what I thought) when I took this photo. If you look close, the blood on the pedestal is very visible, and there's a small stream of blood that ran down past the back side of his eye, onto his cheek. It was fresh blood, so I must have snapped this photo within minutes of when he dropped that antler.

Anyway I thought a few. of you mule deer addicts might enjoy this photo.

The photo section on the Bowsite leaves a lot to be desired I think. The color just doesn't show correctly and I think the photos are too small to see the detail. But I will post this on my Facebook Wildlife page for those interested in really seeing what shows in this photo.

https://m.facebook.com/pages/William-Allard-Wildlife/1430058537272592?notif_t=page_new_likes&_rdr

Have a great bow hunt. BB

06-Mar-17
Great shot! Did you try to backtrack and find the shed?

06-Mar-17
Very nice buck, Bill. Looks like the winter conditions aren't too bad over there in Utah! Hopefully he makes it another year!

06-Mar-17
He's a lot like me, Bill....only half as good as he used to be!

06-Mar-17
Nice pic Bill. As Treeline suggested, he's is pretty good shape for a wintertime buck.

06-Mar-17
Curious of the date BB?

If recent, right on time with around here most bucks casting their antlers the past week or so, although seen 3 whitetails still carrying both side as of yesterday... At this time of year learned through trail-cams if they shed one side the other side will soon be cast within hours to a day or so, they usually don't carry one antler too long unless they shed early like in December...

06-Mar-17
Your FB post clearly shows the bloodstream...very cool pic. It also shows what appears to be another critter crouched under and behind. Not sure if it's real but sure looks possible! Love your photos!

13-Mar-17
BB - Did you find the shed?

13-Mar-17
Bet having one gone and still packin' the other drives em crazy.....

Thank BB, great pic!

16-Mar-17

4FINGER's embedded Photo
4FINGER's embedded Photo
I expected to hear Angels&Trumpets...Southern Utah...4finger

16-Mar-17

4FINGER's embedded Photo
4FINGER's embedded Photo
LittleBrother...4finger

• Sitka Gear