Salagi 15-Apr-17
Windwalker 16-Apr-17
Paul@thefort 16-Apr-17
UltimatePred 16-Apr-17
UltimatePred 16-Apr-17
Windwalker 16-Apr-17
07-Mar-17

UltimatePred's Link
The question I love to ask is, "What are the two things an animal does in nature when it gets scared?"

1. Runs

OR

2. FREEZES

So why do we hunt with decoys that mimmic fear?? It's SO much fun to add a little life to you turkey setups. Ultimate Predator hopes you have a wonderful week and an amazing turkey season! Don't hesitate to give us a call if you have any questions. You can also see our full line of products by clicking the Ultimate Predator link.

07-Mar-17
Sweet!

07-Mar-17
Lance, if the turkey decoys work as well as your goose decoys did for me, they should be a great asset in the turkey woods this spring. My Wind Drifter turkey pack is ready to go. Paul

07-Mar-17
Lance,

Bought a 3 pack at the ISE show in Denver, set them up in my yard and my neighbor thought they were real! Love the motion and can't wait to put them out for real!

07-Mar-17
Whew!! I thought this was a decoy to get rid of the president!! As in un-"presidented".

I bought the moose decoy last fall, and didn't use it for moose but I am impressed with it nonetheless. Easy to carry, quick to deploy and lot's of coverage. Going to use it for spot and stalk bears this spring. Bears kill a lot of moose calves here in the spring.

One improvement (to me anyway) would be to include a flat sewn bag for storage and carry. Is there a caribou decoy yet?

07-Mar-17
It's all about the movement. This was a boss hen!

07-Mar-17
Look good. Most decoys have a bit of sway and rock, and we still get probably 80 percent of the toms that see a DSD jake to come in. Turkey's aren't the brightest of birds out there. I could see it helping with field goose decoys, for sure.

07-Mar-17
Very cool. Good work!

07-Mar-17
Good luck Paul! I hope they work as well as your Goose Wind Drifters too.

07-Mar-17
Tobinsghost, we greatly appreciate your business. I LOVE when we hear stories like that. It cracks me up how often that happens. Last year before we launched this product line, I sent 3 buddies a quick video from my phone. I was probably 20 yards from the decoys when I was filming. All three buddies texted me back, and said, "You sent me the wrong video. This video just has turkeys in it." haha

07-Mar-17

UltimatePred's embedded Photo
UltimatePred's embedded Photo
WHOOPS.....Ambush.....lol

That's what I get for trying to make a post with an upset, teething, 8 month old in my lap....haha. If anyone knows how to change a title, please let me know.

Thank you for your business! Be sure to snap us a photo with the decoy in it when you drop your bear. We have had a bear killed with an elk and would love a bear killed with a moose. There is a very high chance caribou will be our next decoy. It is the most requested one right now.

07-Mar-17
Thank you SBH

07-Mar-17
Bought my set at the High Country Shoot last summer, can't wait to give them a try.

07-Mar-17
Thank you for your business kadbow! We greatly appreciate it. Don't forget to send us a photo with the decoys in it after you drop your gobbler. If you do, we'll enter you into a drawing for free decoys.

If you can get footage of them working, we'll send you free decoys!

08-Mar-17
Here's a little footage of the Wind Drifters in action!

11-Mar-17
I got mine yesterday.. I'll be giving them a try in two weeks.

11-Mar-17
Just placed my order. Love my bow mounted elk decoy. Looking forward to trying these out.

12-Mar-17
The movement of your decoys look fantastic. Not trying to hijack your thread but if you can get your decoys to look as life-like as DSD's you will REALLY be onto something! Even better, if you can get them to look life-like and as small/compact as Miss Purfect decoys you likely won't be able to keep them on the shelves! Just a couple things that may make your turkey decoys better than they already are.

12-Mar-17
The movement and bobbing action of these decoys is as near "perfect" as one can get.

12-Mar-17
How well do they work in a fairly strong wind? can you actually get too much movement?We can get some pretty good "breezes" during the season up here. I have had a foam decoy or two drift enough to come off the stake and I had to chase them down. Not a real thing to have happen when you're trying to work a bird. ;)

12-Mar-17
Super windy is usually not to good to hunt turks but if you put a small stake on either side of the decoy about four inches from the body it will keep it from spinning wildly.

16-Mar-17
Loopmtz and AlleninNM, thank you guys for your purchases. We greatly appreciate your business!

12-Apr-17
Here's a little Wind Drifter kill footage for your viewing pleasure. A special thanks to Jeff Budz of Tag It World Wide for all of the awesome footage!

Osceola Hunting over the Ultimate Predator Wind Drifter Decoys! from Lance Hallum on Vimeo.

13-Apr-17
My decoys have worked well for me so far. I had a tom with two hens strutting around about 100 yds from me. It was dead calm and the decoys weren't moving. He would look but wouldn't leave the hens. Then a slight breeze came up and they started moving. The tom saw them moving and came a running. This hasn't happened every time but they definitely get their interest. One bird down so far. One missed.

13-Apr-17
Kadbow, thank you for sharing your experiences, and thank you for your business! I'm glad to hear you are having a little fun.

14-Apr-17
Yesterday, on 3 different occasions while using Wind Drifter decoys I had 3 nice Toms split when they got within 30 yards of my set-up. It was "breezy" and the Drifters were jumping up and down like they were dancing a jig. It did not look natural at all and the big Toms knew it was a "set up". They did not hang around at all. Perhaps the Drifters may work in very light wind but light wind in Nebraska is rare. I think I will use my Drifters to scare away nuisance birds in my back yard.

15-Apr-17
Windwalker, I'm sorry to hear about that... At the end of the day, you're dealing with living, breathing animals... They won't always react the exact same way. I'll be the first to tell you that they won't work every time. No decoy, no camo, no scent does. If you'll look at Lance's post a few up, you'll see that even when you have Crack-Decoys, they don't always bolt out. We've had several customers say the exact opposite, that even though the birds looked like they'd drank too much coffee and did a few lines, the birds didn't seem to care and still ended up dead. We certainly hope that you'll give them a bit more of a chance before they're relegated to lawn decorations! LOL.

15-Apr-17
I ran into something with them this morning that I wonder if anyone has had a problem with, or even if it is a problem. I was sitting there watching the decoys move (as they were the only thing moving), when the support rod on one of them caught the sun as they moved around. It caused a bright flash several times. I got to wondering if that flash might be enough to spook a turkey.

No way for me to find out one way or another as there doesn't seem to be any sign much less a bird anywhere I am able to hunt this year.

16-Apr-17
Salagi, I saw the bright flash too and was wondering the same thing as you. However, my biggest concern is the unnatural movement when conditions are breezy. I will not be using them again and regret paying what I paid for them; way over priced for what they are.

16-Apr-17
I do believe the guys at AP decoys hit the nail on the head, by stating that any wind blown decoy, may not work in VERY situation but was a tool in the big bag of tools, so one has to be ready to adapted to changing situations. I have come to the conclusion that I will use the decoys solo if I know there to be a light wind or I am in a wind protected area in the woods, but in addition to stationary decoys if I know the wind might blow too much. Just placing one to two Wind Drifter feeders with my stationary Jake will be my go to set up. If the wind blows too much, I will adjust the stake, or add two stick to each side of the wire, or take them out of the spread. I did this with my goose decoys with good results.

I sprayed the wires with flat black paint to take care of any sun glare on the wires.

16-Apr-17
Windwalker, I am VERY sorry you had a bad experience a few days ago. I wish I had the secret to making a hunter successful every time they go out. I would be a billionaire....lol. What I can offer you is a refund. If you would like to return your Wind Drifters, I am more than happy to issue you a refund. At the end of the day, we are in this business to make hunters happy, not to leave a bad taste in their mouth.

16-Apr-17
Let me offer a few suggestions to everyone for reducing movement on those windy days. Paul@thefort, touch on a couple of key tactics.

1. Use your terrain as a wind block.

2. Use vegetation to restrict the rotation of the decoys. For instance, you can set the decoys up in grass that's a little bit taller.

3. Lean the stakes with the wind. That generally reduces the orbital rotation down from 360 degrees to about 90 degrees.

16-Apr-17
UltimatePred; I will take you up on your offer. I appreciate your response and it shows you have great customer service. I will send a private message. Thanks

• Sitka Gear