IdyllwildArcher 07-Mar-17
cnelk 07-Mar-17
Glunt@work 07-Mar-17
Trial153 07-Mar-17
midwest 07-Mar-17
JRABQ 07-Mar-17
elkmtngear 07-Mar-17
07-Mar-17
Just heard about this. A friend was reading that the service would change? Looks like the new device from Garmin is text-only and no sat phone. And that's its more of a one-time fee instead of the monthly deal that Delorme has now... Does anyone know how this is going to affect current Delorme Inreach owners?

07-Mar-17
I had a hiccup with my invoice last month that I believe was due to the switch over but it all got fixed.

The new InReach has some cool features.

Check your PMs

07-Mar-17
I hope not. I was planning on looking at the Inreach to replace the SPOT because after the yearly required fee, the SPOT was the same price or more and does less.

Looking at their site, the monthly is still available @$14.95 + a $25 annual fee. I don't have much use for it 5 months out of the year. Basically hunting and snowmobiling from Sept - March.

07-Mar-17
This was announced last year ... I would expect some cool new integrations from the merge. A combined unit that replaces a gps with full functionality will be welcome.

07-Mar-17
The Delorme InReach was never a sat phone. Always text only.

07-Mar-17
"I don't have much use for it 5 months out of the year. Basically hunting and snowmobiling from Sept - March."

Delorme has (or at least had) a "Monthly Freedom Plan" which you could suspend and reactivate when needed. I think it was around $16-17/month.

07-Mar-17
I thought they were double billing me (last week), because I only use it in September, then I discontinue the Service.

Turns out they never billed it back in October, apparently due to the transition.

Got it worked out, no apparent cost hikes.

Best of Luck, Jeff

• Sitka Gear