YZF-88 08-Mar-17
07-Mar-17

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
I have a "build it with what you have" drawboard but it was always been lacking in stability. I drew up a couple parts that made a big functional/stability improvement. One is a simple sleeve that spaces the bow from the board so I can use it on a table if desired. The other is a handle "saddle" that rides on the pipe and balances the bow appropriately.

07-Mar-17

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
The sleeve fits over the pipe. Had to cobble out a notch for the rest thumb trigger. Forgot about that.
YZF-88's embedded Photo
The sleeve fits over the pipe. Had to cobble out a notch for the rest thumb trigger. Forgot about that.

07-Mar-17

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
hard to see the white sleeve on the white powder coated pipe. The notch is sort of visible. The sleeve spaces it off the board 5.75" to the winch lines up with the bow string.
YZF-88's embedded Photo
hard to see the white sleeve on the white powder coated pipe. The notch is sort of visible. The sleeve spaces it off the board 5.75" to the winch lines up with the bow string.
Putting it together.

07-Mar-17

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo

07-Mar-17

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
Done. Ready to tune. Turns out my cams were still tuned even after shooting quite a bit with my new strings. No stretch so the point of all this was really to kill some time I guess!

08-Mar-17
Nice!!!

Mark

08-Mar-17
Nice! I need to share my little 3D printed hook for the Kifaru Gun Bearer for carrying a bow.

08-Mar-17
Nicely done! However, I wanted my draw board to also plot the string travel. This requires that the bow NOT pivot and remains stationary. I attached a gizz to the string which holds a pen so the string travel is draw on a piece of paper that's taped to the draw board.

08-Mar-17
The point of this is to print more, so others can buy your bad boys. I am dead serious - how much would you charge to whip up those again?

08-Mar-17
Good question williamtell. A lot of the parts I make are very specific to stuff I have. That's why I don't even try to post for the sake of solicitation. In this instance, if someone has a Hoyt and the grip design is the same for 2015 bows +/- a few years, is using a 1-1/4 pipe, a QAD drop away rest and a winch that pulls the string 5-1/8 off the board. I could make these two parts for $13 in material. The odds of people with that combination of piece parts are pretty low.

I do kind of like the idea of maybe coming up with a parts kit that has a DIY element though.

08-Mar-17

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo

08-Mar-17

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
spacer with a spring cut in it for tension.
YZF-88's embedded Photo
spacer with a spring cut in it for tension.
YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
Per williamtell's advice. I do kind of like the idea of maybe coming up with a parts kit that has a DIY element to it. I guess it'd kind be like a semi-guided or drop camp hunt eh?

Do you think bow hunters would be interested in something like a kit of parts that require them to buy, cut and customize most of the project? Here's an example. I came up with a few parts for a paper tuning rig. Breaks down quickly. Uses 1-1/2 pipe and a roll of paper from the paint Dept. To put tension on the roll I designed and 3D printed a spacer with a spring cut in it. Made some end caps with a flat foot as well.

• Sitka Gear