Barrera 05-Apr-17
carcus 06-Apr-17
jjs 06-Apr-17
WRO 10-Apr-17
Brotsky 10-Apr-17
midwest 10-Apr-17
bud 10-Apr-17
08-Mar-17
There's been some on this, but have any of you experienced the 'flaking' of the Crekote finish on your Cam's and Limb Pockets? Also, have any of you had those pieces re-finished?

08-Mar-17
I don't know about the 2016s, but my 2015 has some chipping. I'm careful not to bump it against anything, but really it is inevitable. If you use the thing they will chip. Dumbest thing Elite does IMO.

08-Mar-17
I have the 17' impulse and the new finish seams to be good so far with no chips... now just need to get it dirty red

08-Mar-17
I had a e32 2014 same thing . I'm too anal like my equip. to look nice. I always take care of everything sporting. bugged me too much so I sold it

08-Mar-17
The little lady has that problem with her Elite. Annoying and looks tacky, have not had it refinished, probably won't bother.

08-Mar-17
Ya, my cams have chipped a bit.... but you know what? It still shoots lights out and last time I checked, elk don't give a sh&t about how "nice" my equipment looked. But then again, my camo doesn't match either.

08-Mar-17
"But then again, my camo doesn't match either."

And you still kill stuff?! I assume you just mean two different colors of Kuiu, not two different brands all together? That would just be anarchy!!

08-Mar-17
If anyone has a 2016 elite they want to send me, I can do some testing on it until the end of the year. Just a thought. 28.5" draw... 70 lbs. Thanks

PM me for my address. :)

08-Mar-17
Just one of those things...

Rick, sorry it's a 60 and a 'lefty'....Lol

08-Mar-17
My cams have chipped a little bit but not as much as I expected. Limbs and riser holding coating well. When I purchased mine in early 2016 it was my understanding the cam coating was improved.

31-Mar-17
camo??? oh wait that's a fashion statement.

31-Mar-17
I have 2013, 2015 & 2016 Elites. There is some coat chipping but it has not effected my ability to miss or hit my intended targets.

I bought the bows for the purpose of hunting with them. I don't abuse my equipment, but I use it and I understand that with use some wearing is going is going to happen and show. Kinda like scratches, car door dents and windshield pecks. Best way to avoid them it keeping the vehicle parked in the garage. Just my 2 cents.

31-Mar-17
I agree Buffalo, but when it just falls off....?!? That's a problem!

01-Apr-17
Ike, I just tell people the chipping was caused by animals rubbing against the bow!

01-Apr-17
Lol...That could work!

02-Apr-17
I always find it amusing when people say stuff like they hunt with the bow and the flaking doesn't keep them from killing or it's only cosmetic etc...

If you bought a car and the paint did that would it be ok because you just bought it to go to work and it still runs?

Prime, Hoyt, Matthews, etc don't have that problem, why should Elite?

02-Apr-17
Correct me if I'm wrong md5252 but those other companies are not using Crekote on their cams. They are just anodized aluminum I believe.

03-Apr-17
I had that problem with my Synergy. Having the factory 5 miles away doesn't hurt. I took it to them and the tech replaced both cams and the cable rod. Good customer service.

03-Apr-17
I don't know what the other companies use by whatever they do Elite should do the same. Why create a problem the competition doesn't have

03-Apr-17
I agree with md5252...when you spend $1000 on a bow, you shouldn't have to worry about the finish chipping or flaking.

Elite boasts that it's exclusive Pro Kote protective finish is "extremely chip resistant", and "this ultra-premium...coating provides significant benefits over industry standard metal treatments such as traditional powder coat and aluminum anodize and it is perfect for components that call for extreme durability".

They might want to rethink this "perfect" treatment.

03-Apr-17
THIS JUST IN ............... Board of directors at Elite have voted to change their company name to Mediocre!!

Lots less room for error when you call yourself Elite.

05-Apr-17
Yes i have had some chipping on my 16 impulse but i am rough on my bow for hunting. dragging it through the catus flats and sage brush i tend not to get worked up about it. But my 14-16 bows all had issues with chipping. it seems the new finish which correct me if im wrong is the new rhinodized finish and my O7 seems to be holding up quite well.

05-Apr-17
Good thread as I'm getting a new bow this year. Just checked off Elite from my list for sure.

06-Apr-17
no yokes no thanks

06-Apr-17
Have a Elite 35 bought 1/16 and no problems, the number 1 factor I bought this bow beside all the upside of this bow is that Elite does not produce X-bows as the others do. Just a statement to keep bowhunting as bowhunting and I do primary hunt with a recurve but with physical decline I'll reconvert to the Elite.

10-Apr-17
"Good thread as I'm getting a new bow this year. Just checked off Elite from my list for sure."

Having owned and shot most brands, My Elites have been my favorite. great wall, accurate as heck.

Then again I shoot elk in tan pants..

10-Apr-17
"Then again I shoot elk in tan pants.."

Where are you hunting elk that wear pants? The ones I hunt all go commando.

10-Apr-17
I once shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.

10-Apr-17
I have a ,15 energy 32. Been beat to hell from CO to WY to Ky. I,m hard on stuff. Hardly any chipping I am well pleased I just think its heavy.

• Sitka Gear