oldgoat 12-Mar-17
YZF-88 13-Mar-17
TREESTANDWOLF 14-Mar-17
Buffalo1 14-Mar-17
Grunt-N-Gobble 14-Mar-17
No Mercy 15-Mar-17
Bowfreak 16-Mar-17
09-Mar-17
I'm looking to buy a Bitzenburger Fletching Jig, and was wondering if anyone had experience with the upgrade kit. Do I need it? Does it hold arrows better with less slop? Is it worth the $36?

Thanks!

12-Mar-17
I saw this gizmo offered for sale a few months ago, by that I mean sometime last year Frankly I really cannot say whether it is worth the price or not but I personally felt that it was just an extra gizmo that it was superfluous. I have been using the Bitzenburger for a few years now and have never felt the need to add anything else to it.

12-Mar-17
I have both a left and a right wing model. Bought the right wing model new and the left wing used. I don't know how old the left wing one is but it is much older judging by the patina. The left wing is kind of wore out and I think could use the kit, I just haven't bothered because I don't use it much. The newer right wing is still good to go after nine years or so!

13-Mar-17

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
I made a simple version from CPE plastic.

14-Mar-17
Purchased it myself, the extra pins make it easy for different shafts which I change up arrows quite a bit.

14-Mar-17
What does the "upgrade version" do that the regular Bitz doesn't do? What am I missing? I've fletched just about every shaft size made with my Bitz fletching rigs.

14-Mar-17
I bought the kit before 60x bought out Zenith. IMO, the upgrade is worth the money. There isnt any slop since the arrow sits in a bushing. They provide different bushings depending on arrow diameter. You get a true, precise spacing between the fletching.

15-Mar-17

No Mercy's Link
Here is the kit

16-Mar-17
Personally...I don't think the kit is needed. As archers we are anal and it is nice to remove what little slop is in the jig but I have used arrows fletched with a AZ EZ full sized jig that came out screwy and they shot just as good as my other fletched shafts with broadheads. The Bitz is WAY more consistent than the Helical Carbon AZ EZ. The mini however is an excellent jig.

• Sitka Gear