APauls 25-Apr-17
Davy C 25-Apr-17
willliamtell 25-Apr-17
Kevin™ 25-Apr-17
YZF-88 25-Apr-17
Kevin™ 08-May-17
TEmbry 08-May-17
09-Mar-17
I was searching online for some new slick trick broadheads (standards) and on both Amazon and Walmart they are selling 10 packs of the heads for $65.

The MSRP from slick trick is $99.99 for the ten pack. Lancaster is still selling the ten pack for $89.99.

The price on Amazon and Walmart seems too good to be true, and I am skeptical after reading counterfeit broadheads threads on the bowsite.

Has anyone here bought these heads ?

09-Mar-17
how can you tell a fake from a real? I had heard of fake other brands, not fake slick tricks!

09-Mar-17
I just seen Muzzy MX 3 at wally world for $ 10 a three pack. I wonder if these are nock offs

09-Mar-17
I get mine from Amazon and they are legit. Just make sure the seller is slick trick or a real archery shop.

09-Mar-17
I would feel comfortable buying them from Wal-Mart, since they would be penalized greatly for selling fake products under a national brand name. However, Wal-Mart online is like Amazon. Some items are sold by Wal-Mart themselves, and some are sold by Marketplace Sellers. Most of those seem like legitimate shops too, but those I would perhaps be more skeptical of than ordering from Wal-Mart themselves.

09-Mar-17
Bought them on ebay near price you are showing. Real deal. Kill stuff just fine.

09-Mar-17
I just checked they are being sold by Amazon and Walmart directly. No third party vendor.

The price just seems too low. I wonder if they are going away from the 10 packs and / or the sellers are clearing inventory.

09-Mar-17
Buy them, they are fine ..

09-Mar-17
I got a 10 pack on Amazon. Real stuff

Even counterfeit SlickTricks would be better than some mechanicals :)

09-Mar-17
Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered them.

09-Mar-17
Real deal I got mine from walmart last year.

10-Mar-17
I ordered two packs.

10-Mar-17
I think they just discount them for the off-season.

10-Mar-17

10-Mar-17
A couple years back I bought about eight 3-packs of Magnums and Standards on clearance at Walmart for $7 each, that's only $21 for 9 broadheads!

14-Mar-17

Kevin™'s embedded Photo
Kevin™'s embedded Photo
Looks like I am set for the season:)

15-Mar-17
Nice.

15-Mar-17
Tricks are GOOD gear!

15-Mar-17
Now if I can only find discounted 125's.

16-Mar-17
X2 williamtell

16-Mar-17
Dang! How many animals you shoot in a year?! ;-) I didn't even know they came in 10 pks.

16-Mar-17
Ha. Not as many as I would like;). I will be stocked up for at least a year or three.

16-Mar-17
I too was looking for 125s but seems they are not popular enough to have season leftovers on clearance.

16-Mar-17
Looks like the 100 mags are available in the 10 pk....maybe it's time I drop a little weight.....

16-Mar-17
I'm trying to get the punchiest elk arrow, so figure it might be time to go 125. Plus it will help my forward weight, particularly since I'm seriously thinking about going lit nocks, and those weigh extra. Are there any states that still ban those?

17-Mar-17
I lowered my draw weight quite a bit this year so I went from 125's to 100's. Timing couldn't have been better for this thread.

17-Mar-17
confusing thread...kevin , are you slick trick sponsor? whats with the banner?

anyhow, good deal

17-Mar-17

Kevin™'s embedded Photo
My tricked 2016 bucks heart.
Kevin™'s embedded Photo
My tricked 2016 bucks heart.
I wish I was a slick trick sponsor. They have a great products. But I am not, just a regular bowhunter who kept clicking buttons when I started this thread and added the banner.

24-Apr-17

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
NOT 1.00"
YZF-88's embedded Photo
NOT 1.00"
YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
I was just starting to put together my arrows with these heads I bought back in March. Did anybody else notice that they are labled as Standard 100's (1" cutting diameter) but if you actually measure them they are 1 1/8" (like the Magnums)...and therefore NOT standard as the packaging indicates? I am not pleased with this discovery.

24-Apr-17
Did you take a blade out of the wrapper and get an exact measure or did you just measure the blade in the pack with the wrapper around the blades.

If I can not too wrong ST regulars are 1" & ST mags are 1 1/8". Please correct, if I'm in error.

24-Apr-17
I took it out and measured it exactly. Also note the 1 1/8" blades have hole cut in the middle of them where they go into the ferrule. The Standard 100 1" blades do not. All my others are 1" as well. Just want to stay consistent. It's an obsessive compulsive thing.

25-Apr-17

Brotsky's Link
Jason, you are 100% correct. I'm a long time ST standard guy and those are Mag blades. My 100 gr standard blades at home do not have the circle cut-out but the few mags I have at home have the circle cut-out. Maybe something changed but it seems like an error in packaging or labeling to me. My link is to the standard blades on Lancaster. No cut-out.

25-Apr-17
Jason, you are correct. Like Brotsky said probably a packaging error. I am a slick trick mag guy and was at Cabela's last week. I found about four packages that were mis-labeled. They said ST standard 100s on front but on back above the barcode they have the number 125. I pointed this out to the guy in the archery "pro shop" and we threw them on a scale. Sure enough they weighed 125 grains. The difference in that case was not the blades but the weight of the ferrule.

25-Apr-17
Any comment from the animals shot with the 1 1/8" instead of the 1" ?

Putting BH in the right place and death is gonna occur. Dead is dead !

Only issue I see could possibly be with riser clearance. Nothing has changed with BH weight.

25-Apr-17
Buffalo1, We all know any broadhead in the correct spot is going to get it done so I reject the premise of your rhetorical question. The purpose for posting this was to simply inform consumers of a packaging error. The issue here is customers didn't get what they paid for. I take pride in providing my customers equipment per their specs. In this case, it's not a big deal and I will continue to use their product...the 100 Standards.

FYI, the 1-1/8" blades require me to index the arrows in my quiver so the error does result in either a fit, form or functional change... plus it's a hassle. Also, I want the smaller blades for reasons related to draw weight and distances I like to practice at. I have my new heads now and am ready to start tuning. All is good.

25-Apr-17
YZF-88

You almost remind me of me. Overall, I'm pretty particular and know what works best for my set up.

Glad you are squared away with your equipment.

25-Apr-17
Saying "ah well" because you got the wrong blades might as well been filled with grim Reapers lol. That would drive me mental!

25-Apr-17
I got the same thing and Slick Trick made it right by be. You should get what you pay for. In my case I prefer the 1".

25-Apr-17
yzf - I actually want the bigger blades. Was bummed they didn't have a deal on the magnums. Who did you order the mislabeled ones from? Gonna go measure the 100's I got. If they aren't mislabeled magnums, want to swap?

25-Apr-17
Son of a b!Tch!

I hadn't noticed so I double checked and mine are magnums in the standard packaging too.

I checked and Walmart has a 90 return policy and I still had until June something.

I also called slick trick and spoke with a nice dude in their warranty department. He gave me the option to send the wrongly packaged heads back to slick trick for the correct heads. Which I did.

I will keep you all posted to see if this gets resolved.

25-Apr-17
I bought them online from Walmart like most here. I just brought them back to the store since I was out anyway.

08-May-17

Kevin™'s embedded Photo
Kevin™'s embedded Photo
I got my broadheads back today from slick trick with the correct blades.

08-May-17
Man I'd buy 3 packs today if they had 125 Mags at that price!

• Sitka Gear