Surfbow 10-Mar-17
lawdy 10-Mar-17
coelker 10-Mar-17
deerslayer 11-Mar-17
Treeline 13-Mar-17
76aggie 11-May-17
WV Mountaineer 11-May-17
10-Mar-17
In 10 days my son and I are going on a couple day trip to the Utah Desert. We have a huge wall tent with stove big enough for a small army. It is just too much for a few days of camping lite. I a, really interested in a SEEK Tipi, but at the price I am not sure how much I will like it or how much I will like the lack of a floor. i think I will like it, but was hoping to. Borrow one for a test run? I am an automotive teacher and have a good shop. I could maybe trade some work for the borrow or buy a case of beer or make a batch of jerky...

At any rate anyone around western co that might let us test run a tipi? Since it is only two of us a small or big will work, for my family I am thinking the 12 man will be our choice.

Thanks...

10-Mar-17
Sorry - don't have one but I just looked them up. Not cheap!

10-Mar-17
Resale value is so good it's not a huge gamble to buy and try.

10-Mar-17
I bought one last summer. I have never been so comfortable during a winter in my life. They are awesome.

Can't help you out on the lending side though.

10-Mar-17
They are great, I've used them a few times now. Floorless is great when your boots are muddy or wet, I just carry a piece of tyvek for under my sleeping pad. The stove will change your whole attitude on what would otherwise be a cold backpack hunt.

10-Mar-17
I am buying one for my cross country and track teams. We have had it with those popup shelters. Paid $150 for one last fall. My runners popped it up, a gust of wind hit it, and it blew into a fence, destroying it. Never even got to use it. Been through one of those every year. I have a canvas tipi but it is heavy. A guy in town camps with one and it is light, sets up easy, and looks cool. My runners and throwers should love it when we compete in the rain or hot sun. Expensive, but so isn't buying popup tents every year, sometimes twice a year. My throwers will like lugging this from the bus.

10-Mar-17
Thanks a ton guys. I actually contacted Seek. They are close to my house and I am meeting with them next week. I hope it is as good as people seem to talk about. I am looking for a good space for my family of 4

11-Mar-17
I am thinking of getting the 16 man Seek Outside for myself this coming year. I really like the idea of a much lighter weight setup with the ability to use the stove as opposed to canvas. I have read nothing but great reviews on tipi setups. It seems Seek Outside is a little better on the price point than Kifaru with the same options and in some instances better options.

Please post some pics and reviews if you get one!

13-Mar-17
I have been looking at those tents as well. I have a big tipi style tent from Cabelas, but the Seek tents are much lighter and I love the concept of their stoves.

Actually considering doing a life membership to BHA with the option for one of the Seek Outside tent setups. Was thinking the 4-man tent and stove.

Will have to go by their shop next time I am down in 'Junction.

11-May-17
I bought a Seek Redcliff this Spring after a float trip in AK. last September. Ran into a couple of guys who sold me on the tipi style. I got the liner for condensation and the stove for warmth. I would not cook on it in the tent especially in bear country. I was a bit unsure about the lack of a floor as well. No more. I always had sand buildup that got into floors of tents and eventually found its way into sleeping bags. Put some Tyvek under your sleeping pad and you can shake it off when need be. This being said, I live in Texas where we have a lot of snakes and scorpions. In warmer weather here at home I will opt for my old standby with a floor but for hunts in cooler or cold climates and where weight is a real consideration (ie: Supercubs) the Seek or Kifaru is the way to go in my opinion. The Seek is a bit less expensive than the Kifaru but is a fine tent. They both are.

11-May-17
There are lots of custom sew shops that'll make you one. For cheaper. God Bless

• Sitka Gear