Jaquomo 10-Mar-17
Paul@thefort 10-Mar-17
Jaquomo 10-Mar-17
APauls 10-Mar-17
Paul@thefort 10-Mar-17
Jaquomo 10-Mar-17
Glunt@work 10-Mar-17
10-Mar-17
Y'all might recall, week or so ago, I mentioned I was helping a "young" writer get his first article published, re a DIY elk hunt. Well, he sold it to Bowhunter. Be looking for it in the future.

I now have him doing a bear hunting piece. This guy has promise and best of all, he has a good job so he doesn't have to depend on writing wages to make a living. He is the bear biologist for the Feds in New Mexico. He is or was, the best big game biologist TN ever had until he got sick of the politics and went back to the mountains.

10-Mar-17
Congrats to him.

10-Mar-17
Way to "pass it on!"

Nicely done John!

Mark

10-Mar-17
Way to go being a good mentor

10-Mar-17
Excellent, I look forward to reading his story!

Scar.

10-Mar-17
Great news! Will it be in the June DIY issue?

10-Mar-17
Being a good writer requires skills in observation and hunting, knowledge of the subject and landscapes, and then throw in some humor, wordsmith, and then top it off with some poetic phrases. Additionally, a few pictures can be worth a thousand words and then tell a story that has never been told before.

Good for you both. Looking forward to the reads. Paul

10-Mar-17
Paul, I'm working to perfect the "Mike Lapinski" technique of rewriting the same story over and over and selling it to different magazines!

I think he once got five features out of the same five point bull. I'm getting there...

10-Mar-17
A young guy hunting the right way? Say it ain't so! jk ;)

10-Mar-17
Lou, it that called "milking" the story?

10-Mar-17
It's called "creative reconstitution". :)

10-Mar-17
A well known writer once told me that when in a pinch. Change the first and last paragraph of an old article and send it :^)

• Sitka Gear