Ambush 11-Mar-17
t-roy 11-Mar-17
Guardian Hunter 11-Mar-17
habu john 11-Mar-17
ACB 11-Mar-17
Guardian Hunter 11-Mar-17
krieger 11-Mar-17
10-Mar-17
A couple of buddies and I had a booth at the Harrisburg show and was approached by an outfitter who bought some of our products. He offered us an opportunity to hunt Aoudad and Javelinas. We were very interested as it was free range and on 100,000+ acres. Then we heard the price. Shazam! Who has experience in Texas on these animals at reasonable prices. The daily fee was $500 and the trophy fee on Aoudad was quoted at $5,000 for anything over 30 inches. Hunt was 6 days with javelina being minimal trophy fee. Is this a fair price.

10-Mar-17
Call Adam at Double shot outfitters for free range,

10-Mar-17
You should be able to do the whole trip for That $5000 with stay and trophy fee maybe a bit more depending on days

10-Mar-17
If I'm not mistaken, you can DIY in Palo Duro Canyon and the Davis Mountains. You might want to check on that. I think, from what I've read, that Aoudad are pretty tough with a bow, so I think before I dropped that kinda change, I would do much research.

10-Mar-17

ACB's embedded Photo
ACB's embedded Photo
The only experance I have had with them is here in Tennessee. This one cost me over 30,000 and 4 days in hospital with 6 broken ribs and a parcel clasped right lung . So I can say they are tough animals .

10-Mar-17
$500 per day sounds pretty steep especially considering he wants a $5000 trophy fee to boot. You are looking at close to $10K for the hunt. Does not sound like he is offering you anything special with regards to his fee.

10-Mar-17
This sounds high. I bet you could look around and find an all in hunt for close to 5000.00 total maybe a little less

10-Mar-17
A 30" aoudad/Barbary is HUGE! I daresay the photo above wouldn't go 30" although it has plenty of mass. Shoot a 26-28" and be happy - skip the trophy fee; then the hunt may indeed be a decent price.

10-Mar-17
ADB. I have to hear the rest of that story!

10-Mar-17
What is the outfitter's name offering the aoudad hunts in TX?

10-Mar-17
You should be able to do Aoudad for under 3k, total trip cost.

10-Mar-17
Gary my dad who is 86 this month has always had Exoitc birds and animals my whole life . A few years ago when his healt began to get bad and he could no longer take care of his stuff I told him I would help him so he would not have to sell off the things he enjoys . Well this male Aoudad was bottled raised so he is not afraid of humans one bit so when you are in the pin you have to be aware where he is at all times . You can pet him if you stand up , but if you get down on his level or lower he is going to butt you . I would guess he may weigh 300 or close to that anyway . I had been in the Midwest hunting for about 10 days in November of 2015 . When I got home dad was all in a fluster seems no one would help him while I was gone and he was after me to help him do a few things before it got dark after I had driven 9 hours to get home . I went in to feed the Aoudads and the trough was full of old hay that was wet and musty . The ram was on other side of pen at water trough were my dad was checking it from outside . I bent over to start removing the hay and I never heard him coming as I was working on getting the hay out the trough . He hit me in the rear end as I was bent over . Not sure how high I went but it seemed high and I came down on a rock that was protruding out of the ground several inches . The pain was almost unbearable. I felt it break ribs loose from my spine . I manage to craw under the feeding trough on opposite side . He had butted me over the trough . This kept him from getting to me and killing me as I was also on other side of electric fence . I was able to call my brother and he and his sons came and drug me out . Now I weigh 260 + so this gives you some idea of the power of these animals. I went to local emergency room as I was going into shock on the way . They did a cat scan to rule out internal injuries. While waiting on doc I told my wife I would be in surgery later because I felt it break ribs from my spine . Doctor came in said no internal injuries and no broken bones sent me home with pain meds . This was on a Monday the rest of the week I sat in chair could not sleep , eat or go to bathroom . Started throwing up Friday . Told my wife to take me to another doctor tomorrow or take me out back and put me out of my misery. Next day went to emergency room in Chattanooga they did X-ray came in said I had 6 broken ribs and my right lung was partially collapsed. Said looked like I had been in car wreak. I said felt like it also . Stayed in. Hospital for four days having what the nurses called atomic enema to get me clean out and my intestines working that had shut down . Year and half later I still feel the results . I am 57 so that does not help things .

10-Mar-17

ACB's embedded Photo
ACB's embedded Photo
This guy will get you also but he only weighs about half as much .

10-Mar-17

ACB's embedded Photo
ACB's embedded Photo
dad with one of his baby ibex .

10-Mar-17
You can get an Auodad cheaper than what the outfitter wants to charge you. He's not giving you a deal by any means. You can't kill a rattlesnake in Texas without paying a trophy fee. Great state to hunt in though.

10-Mar-17
So Gary I know where you can shoot a Aoudad for about 2000 if you can seclude your hunt around when my dad is out of town .

10-Mar-17
I'll have to think about that one. Thanks for sharing g the story. Glad you are OK. Gary

11-Mar-17
ACB, does the shooter have to promise to kill that audad slowly, while you watch??

Funny story, for us, but not for you at the time. . But I guess it was better you than your elderly father

11-Mar-17
ACB, you have more compassion than me! I'm kinda like Ambush. I probably would have killed him, and slowly at that! Glad you are ok.

I saw an aoudad running wild out in western Oklahoma clear back in the early 90s (pretty sure it was an escapee from somewhere). They are a very cool animal and I think they would be a blast to hunt.

11-Mar-17
Is it unreasonable to think that $3000 is a fair few for an Aoudad?

11-Mar-17
free range is not piece of cake hunt. I checked it out a few years back and the two outfitters told me that shooting one with my longbow was a very long shot if not hunting over a water source.

11-Mar-17
I have dreams of him slowly rotating on a spit while I mop sauce all over his skinned body .

11-Mar-17
ACB,. You keep it fun!. Gary

11-Mar-17
"I have dreams of him slowly rotating on a spit while I mop sauce all over his skinned body . "

LOL!!!

• Sitka Gear