Well-Strung 13-Mar-17
willliamtell 13-Mar-17
6x6 bull 13-Mar-17
Stoneman 13-Mar-17
Southern draw 13-Mar-17
Jaquomo 13-Mar-17
Stoneman 14-Mar-17
10-Mar-17
Well, I've been holding out on you all. I haven't done a post hunt review or stories in a while. Instead of that the last couple of years I've been videoing the hunts.. Some of you folks will get a kick out of the videos during this off season.. some won't. I'm ready for the let them grow remarks, bad calling and the rest but let's keep the negativity if you can. We do it for the passion and the meat. There are deer, bear, elk/bugling/barking and bull moose point blank footage.. and even someone puking in exhaustion good times.

Disclaimer: It's an amateur production. We kill elk, our objective is to kill elk.. we aren't holding out for monsters. We aren't elk experts, and we've been going since we were knee high. But we are lucky enough to take elk nearly every year DIY on Public land due to sheer persistence and trying to apply the knowledge I've learned here, magazines, videos and by doing it wrong time and time again over countless mountain ranges. If you know some of the areas where I'm hunting, great... please don't post it publicly. Send me a Private Message and we will meet up and/or swap stories/info.

I know other elk videos/stories get me through the down time until the next fall so I hope this helps the off season blues. You can choose HD for the best results but you may need to let it buffer. Hope you enjoy it! I try to give back to this great community as I've learned tons.

10-Mar-17

Well-Strung's Link
2015 Archery Elk hunt - The Double bull week

10-Mar-17

Well-Strung's Link
2016 Archery Elk Video - Persistence pays

10-Mar-17
Here ya go

10-Mar-17

10-Mar-17
Mucho Gracias!

11-Mar-17

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Seems like I have met these two guys before in the high country chasing elk.

Nicely done. See you later for sure. Paul

11-Mar-17
Thanks Paul! The only reason I didn't include that picture of us 3 was I didn't get to ask you yet.. glad you posted it!

11-Mar-17
Thats some good stuff right there. Real. No BS.

Dont ever apologize or be critical how you hunt elk. Looks like you're doing just fine :) If someone does, screw 'em

11-Mar-17
Well-Strung- fun stuff, nice!!! Thanks for sharing!

11-Mar-17
Good stuff boys! Persistence kills elk

11-Mar-17
Very nice thanks for sharing.

11-Mar-17
Wonderful stuff there gents! Real. Thank you for sharing! So what was the story on the 6x6 as far as the two shots and recovery?

11-Mar-17
Awesome guys! I loved it. God Bless men

11-Mar-17
I've got some negativity. I came across this while at work. It sucked trying to watch it and having to stop and start!

Good stuff! Enjoyed your music selection too.

11-Mar-17
excellant

11-Mar-17
Great stuff! No negativity from me! Keep it up and thanks for taking he time to share.

11-Mar-17
Awesome videos guys great to see .thanks for posting never have to apologize for the taking of any game

11-Mar-17
Only thing wrong with it was that I wasn't there....

11-Mar-17
Very enjoyable! Thanks for sharing the fun.

11-Mar-17
Bad Ass!

11-Mar-17
That was the real deal. Nice job, made me feel like I was back in the Flattops.

Best of Luck, Jeff

11-Mar-17
Very nice! Congratulations on the successful hunts and great video production!

11-Mar-17
That is the real deal thanks.

11-Mar-17
Can I come with next year? I have never had opportunity to hunt elk and cant afford a guided hunt. Looks like a terrific time.

11-Mar-17
Awesome vids!! Great bulls you harvested.

11-Mar-17
Great video! So much more interesting than the sanitized stuff on TV. Thanks for posting it all and congratulations.

11-Mar-17
Nice work!

11-Mar-17
Thanx for sharing and grats on the good times!

11-Mar-17
Thank you all I really appreciate it.. I'm new to the filming and video editing so I'm really glad you enjoyed them. I tried to make them as real of an experience as I could and keep the action coming. It's definitely hard to film and hunt elk but it is great way to remember the ups and downs.

Duke - The 6x6 from the 2016 video.. The first shot got one lung pass thru. We ALWAYS stop them for a second shot if possible. In the video you can see the 2nd arrow on the way and you can see the bull jump well before the SMACK. He went about a mile through the nasty timber and piled up at the closest water that night. Coyotes got him first but not a total loss.

OrionsBrother - Glad you liked the music, it's different for a hunt movie but something the younger guys can relate to growing up with.

@Paul - Now that you've seen the wallow bull photo's from that year, You know I suggested a good spot! Hope to see you there again this year.

12-Mar-17
Bob, subject: 2015 hunt, bull elk you missed. Second photo.

I just noticed (for 2 seconds) a cow elk laying in the wallow just behind him and back in the wood line.

12-Mar-17
Nice~!

12-Mar-17
Lots of work there. Congrats and thanks for sharing!

12-Mar-17
Great job, Bob and Drew! Honest hunting, no creative editing BS like some TV garbage I've seen recently. Really enjoyed watching them again back to back.

Thanks for taking the time to share with us!!!

12-Mar-17
Great job a hunt I can identify with.Thanks for the March Fix.I needed it .

13-Mar-17
I just had to watch these videos again. Nice Paul

13-Mar-17
Congrats - enjoyed watching the videos. Do it again in 2017.

13-Mar-17
Good stuff, thanks! Got the blood pumping, damn you! Seven long months to go.....

13-Mar-17
@Lou - Yea I actually tried to tie the movies together a bit with how they are setup. That's all with free software.. I may upgrade. I'm also going to upgrade some camera equipment with the ruse it's for videoing the baby!

@Paul - That big bull I missed in 2015, I broke a rib the week before season or he wouldn't have been so lucky. Barely could draw my bow. That cow rolled in that wallow for quite a while on the trail cam pics. I had to cut a bunch to make them reasonable in length.

I appreciate everyone's support on them. It is a ton of work during and after filming. I plan to continue and every year will get better. I have some points so should have some good hunts coming up. It's a great way to remember how amazing it is up in the mountains in the fall bow in hand and the all good times. Thanks again for watching.

13-Mar-17
Nice diy video job. You can see why videoing saves so many animals - the 'shot' shot becomes more important than the shot. The packing out 'results' were an added bonus. Let's you know in no uncertain terms what you face hauling out.

13-Mar-17
Great work!! Thanks for taking us along!!

13-Mar-17
Thanks for sharing - great stuff start to finish, can't go wrong with a little Bron-Y-Aur Stomp in the background!

13-Mar-17
really enjoyed the adventures !

13-Mar-17
Dave, I never figured you for a Zep guy. Always assumed you tended more toward Manilow and Streisand.

;-)

14-Mar-17
Lou, only when I am trying to imitate an estrus buzz call... barry and barb have it down!

• Sitka Gear