lewis 07-Apr-17
LKH 07-Apr-17
r-man 08-Apr-17
brianhood 09-Apr-17
Zbone 11-Apr-17
12-Mar-17

lewis's embedded Photo
lewis's embedded Photo
We live at about 1800 feet and this is quite unusual generally start dropping in January but March not so much maybe this cold snap will get it back.Lewis

12-Mar-17

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Not that uncommon, see "Shed Thread", some even still crowned in April... Pix attached are correct times and dates of a buck that shows pretty regular, almost daily... Anyhow, he shed his left side sometime on March 8th, unfortunately he didn't show that day to get a more accurate time, but got him just before midnight on the 7th, and just after midnight of the 8th... Last photo of him early this morning still carrying right side... That's 3 days of carrying just one side, which is kinda unusual...

13-Mar-17
Maybe just me where were your pics taken Lewis

13-Mar-17

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Lewis - Ohio... Don't believe it has much to do with which state, if you search previous threads here through the years you'll see some shed early, some shed later or late all over the country... Look at BB's one horned big Muley posted a week ago (I just brought it to top)... And there's a guy over on my home state forum, has trail-cam pix of two different bucks that shed one side in mid November, one forky, and one mature buck... You'll likely see someone post pix of deer or elk still packing in April, seems to happen every year... Personally think it has more to do with heredity...

This guy was still carrying his right side as of late last night, that's day 5 going on 6 only carrying one side, which seems long because most or many at this time of year shed the second side within a day or two of the first...

13-Mar-17
Maybe just me where were your pics taken Lewis

05-Apr-17

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Talked before about bucks carrying there racks in April being not uncommon, pulled this photo from my backyard trail-cam… Date and time correct…

07-Apr-17
I'm guessing there's still a doe that was missed and is back in heat so the testosterone is still flowing .Lewis

07-Apr-17
Does don't affect horn drop and a buck can breed whether it has antlers on or not.

08-Apr-17
I have a spike with his still , saw a rub and scrape fresh this day . it rained a couple of days ago and I could not believe my eyes .

09-Apr-17
Just saw three 8 points together yesterday still with both sides. This was in western pennsylvania on some state land. SAW one last week in south central pa still with both sides. My buddies had their worst year ever finding sheds. MAYBE this is why

11-Apr-17

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
From: brianhood - " Just saw three 8 points together yesterday still with both sides."

Yeah, my guy attached was still packing too... Haven't check cams in a couple days to see if he's still coming though greenup is happening here and they slowly disappear and migrate away... He's one of the last to hang around....

From: LKH - "Does don't affect horn drop and a buck can breed whether it has antlers on or not. "

Yeah, totally agree, and there has been extensive posts previous years here on the subject, and late scrapes... r-man - "08-Apr-17 - "saw a rub and scrape fresh this day" ... Have seen fresh scraped in snow in March and have video of bucks scraping the last week of February...

• Sitka Gear