NoWiser 23-Mar-17
Scar Finga 23-Mar-17
Norseman 24-Mar-17
Heat 24-Mar-17
Shrewski 24-Mar-17
BULELK1 25-Mar-17
AZBUGLER 25-Mar-17
17-Mar-17
My Buddies just got there cards hit.. been along wait.. there going elk hunting..Come on tags for us..

17-Mar-17
Mine got hit.

17-Mar-17
Dang your quick! One of my boys is going so far!

17-Mar-17
My CC has a pending charge on it from Arizona. Is that good....?

17-Mar-17
It's not bad lineman!! Congrats to those drawing tags and good luck to those still waiting!

17-Mar-17
I didn't have many points, but I now owe AZ $650, per my credit card statement.

17-Mar-17
Is it charged or pending big fin? I don't want to get excited until mine actually changes from pending to charged.

17-Mar-17
My buddy just got antelope... 19 points. Nothing for me yet:(

Congrats to some of you, and Good Luck to the others!

Scar.

17-Mar-17
Get excited lineman...pending means you drew. I feel like Capital One is going to think something is up because I log into my account every 7 minutes. Congrats everyone!

17-Mar-17
Oh man! Now I'm having some serious concentration issues at work!

17-Mar-17
BigFin you draw another late rifle tag or you get a random archery tag?

17-Mar-17
How long do the charges usually go on? For days? Or are all of them charged today? I should draw but still no charges.

17-Mar-17
Well it looks like I'm going on a late rifle hunt in 1 or 27. I'm going to draw a good archery tag in Colorado so I didn't put in for archery in Az. Opted for this late hunt on the fluke chance I drew it with 4 points. I guess I'd better go buy a bigger rifle.

17-Mar-17
Congrats BigFin!!

Card charges normally take a couple of days slim23.

17-Mar-17
Just CC's or is the Portal updating as well? Thanks, TODDY

17-Mar-17
The Portal won't normally be updated for several days after credit cards begin to hit. Congrats to those that has so far been luckier than me!

17-Mar-17
I hope without all the calling that had to be done on the problem credit cards the portal will update sooner. I had to do a paper app so I've got to be patient!

17-Mar-17
Checked portal and Citibank...nothing yet! But I'm hopeful!

17-Mar-17
Have fun on those hunts.

17-Mar-17
I just got a call from a buddy unit 9 was his only pick with 19 points and he got hit

17-Mar-17
Nothing yet.........

17-Mar-17
Same

17-Mar-17
I also have 19 points elk but no luck yet

17-Mar-17
Man I'm losing hope... the previous 2 times I've drawn Az my card was hit immediately.

17-Mar-17
Wow, my buddy just called and we (party of 4) drew archery elk!

I think the four of us averaged to 5 points. More than likely we drew 6A as 2nd choice, but I'm holding out hope we hit the jackpot. Even drawing 6A takes a good bit of luck in the 1-2 pass, I was not expecting it. Hopefully my hunt will go better than last time I bowhunted in AZ, I tripped on some lava rocks and broke my arm.

17-Mar-17
there you go, congrats They will run most, if not all of the cards today, then they hope to have all the backfills done by the end of next week.

17-Mar-17
OH SHUT UP:)

17-Mar-17
Anybody know how fast the automated account info is updated for credit cards? I don't do the online stuff so I keep calling the number on the card and checking my account balance. I

17-Mar-17
Debit cards are usually instant. From what I have seen, the CC charge will be pending until the end of the day so there may not be a balance change. You can call and ask a rep and they can see if a charge is pending, I have done that in the past.

17-Mar-17
WapitiBob What do you mean by backfills?

17-Mar-17
"Dwelling on the negative simply contributes to its power"

Or, at least that's what my fortune cookie from lunch says...

17-Mar-17
Ohhhh my Hell !!!!!

3 points and my C-Card just dropped in Available credit!!

Viva freakin' Az. Again ~~

5th bow bull tag in the last 15 years!!

Good luck, Robb

17-Mar-17
Nice Robb, congrats! I was worried if you didn't draw you'd give me hell for the article. Might of bit me in the arse though

17-Mar-17
Billy ~~ I am very happy and for sure proud of you with your late date bow bull harvest and article!!

I sure am getting a lot of 'You Suck Robb' texts! haha

Love ya all <;+)

Good luck, Robb

17-Mar-17
Bowman, after the normal CC processing, the data goes back to the Game Branch where they compile a list of drawn but bounced apps (rejected). That list then goes back for CC processing of the alternates that were next in line.

17-Mar-17
Nice!

17-Mar-17
Thanks so I guess the office out there is closed so I guess its wait till next year for me

17-Mar-17
Grats Robb!

My card is as of yet, unhit...

17-Mar-17
Two hits in our house. One for my stepson Andrew with a Jr antlerless tag and another for either my wife or I. Hope its me, either 7W or 4A early archery bull.

17-Mar-17

StickFlicker's embedded Photo
Not time to panic quite yet. This post was from 3 pm today. I assume I just haven't heard yet because they're going in alphabetical order....

17-Mar-17
The non-hunting people who work at these F&G departments must think we're nuts around draw time.

17-Mar-17
Well I'll ad one more "you suck Robb". You are one lucky elk draw son of a gun!!

I don't play in AZ. Congrats to those who drew.

Dan, is that the tag you were on cuz I am gonna draw Breaks with no points!!!

17-Mar-17
Drew long awaited for unit 1 or 3C archery tags with 15 points. Totally unexpected due to the 50/50 system chance. There are indeed 466 people bad at math.

17-Mar-17
Congrats to all who drew! I'll keep dreaming for now. Woulda been a wild year if I drew anyway

17-Mar-17
I echo Will's comments. Congrats to all, cheers to next year, Will!

18-Mar-17
Yes!! There is still hope:)

18-Mar-17
Drew either an 8 or 5BS early bull tag only to find out this afternoon I need a shoulder replacement. That is the way it goes sometimes I guess.

18-Mar-17
Thank you all---------->

Good luck, Robb

18-Mar-17
No hit for me :(

18-Mar-17
Everyone that got a hit, is your card still showing a pending charge? Mine shows a pending charge still. I'm not getting excited until that thing processes.

18-Mar-17
Nothing for me. Congrats to all that drew! Bring on the Utah draw! :0) TODDY

18-Mar-17
Lineman, I live in Arizona and have been through this process dozens of times. You can keep yourself in suspense if that is your thing, but whoever applied for elk on your card is getting a tag! Congratulations!

18-Mar-17
Holy cow, Zim drew! Congrats!

18-Mar-17
What does "pending" mean when I open up my Application status in the AZ portal? Is this a good sign????

18-Mar-17
In my portal under My Applications/Tags, for this years draw it says result pending, which I assume means nothing. When I click on more detail it shows my buddy and I that applied, but under each individual bonus point it shows 0 and group average 0. Although when you look at the bonus point section of the portal it shows my 8 points as of 11/16/2016. Is it like this for everyone? When I click on more detail for past years it shows the points. I am nervous but can't call game and fish until Monday of course.

18-Mar-17
Congratulations Zim! U may not recall but you gave me a lot of help in Wyoming unit 38 last yr. Hope it brings you good karma in Az!!

18-Mar-17
Same here hawk! Think positive

18-Mar-17
Status "pending" has been that way since the day you applied for the draw.

18-Mar-17
Right. But should I be concerned that it shows I have no points in the draw? Or is it like that for everyone? and I should just assume that because it does show my 8 points under my bonus point total as of 11/16/2016 that it was considered.

18-Mar-17
Called a friend and his says the same and he has no charges to his CC either. I think we are SOL

18-Mar-17
I'm right there with yall! SOL

18-Mar-17
Iowa,

I think everyone's does that.

18-Mar-17
Sign up for the portal, it will show there first officially. But activity for the tag amount on your card from AZ means you drew.

WRT credit cards....... guess folks don't go right to their account as soon as they order something on line and see what happened...... or when they read their statement don't notice that most times the transaction date and the posted dates are different, sometimes by several days.

If it's listed on your card activity as "pending" or some such that's your "transaction date" ..... you drew. It will be listed as "Posted date" or the like within a day or three

And hopefully the activity doesn't say "charges declined"......

Good luck gentlemen. My card was charged like a month and a half ago..... =D

18-Mar-17
Everybody has "pending" on the portal until it goes to drawn or not drawn.

Everybody has "0" points when you go to "more info", that stuff doesn't update till after the draw.

18-Mar-17
Thank you stick and bob

18-Mar-17
If your card hasnt been hit yet, are you SOL or are they still hitting cards into next week sometime? Just want to know if their is still a chance or to hope for next year!

19-Mar-17
Some cc won't post till monday if they were hit on Friday.

19-Mar-17
Two years in a row would have been a bit much to ask for....time to keep the other plans moving forward.

20-Mar-17
Has anyone gotten charged today?

20-Mar-17
I got charged this AM!

20-Mar-17
There is a report of a credit card hit this morning on the Arizona forum.

20-Mar-17
For the second time in five years...I'm in!

20-Mar-17
my card was charged Friday

20-Mar-17
"Holy cow, Zim drew! Congrats!"

Thanks ya I had a pretty bad 3 year tag drought going. Mathematically should have drawn 6-8 tags but just got one minor bailout archery mule deer during that time. Haven't been on a good elk hunt in 4 years. Too long. Wheels falling off so I'll need to get serious about fitness despite 1 & 3C being tame terrain.

Congrats to everyone else who drew. Hopefully good moisture and late season dates will make it a winner for all units.

20-Mar-17
Congrats Zim, you're looking at a great hunt! I hunted 1 in 2015 and enjoyed every second.

20-Mar-17
Congrats Lenny!

20-Mar-17
Becoming more depressed by the minute! Good thing is I had money and vacation saved....plus a good wife who is always supportive of my afflictions. I don't have a back up plan though! Maybe try NM Elk? Duck hunting trip? Alaska fishing with my 14 y/o is leading category at the moment.

20-Mar-17
Mines been hit. 5bn or 5bs bull

20-Mar-17
what a year June Bison tag--AZ-archery antelope tag---AZ-archery elk tag--Newfoundland archery moose hunt Sept.--Turkey April 1 AZ

20-Mar-17
And to think some folks say it's hard for you AZ boys to draw:)

20-Mar-17
WapitiBob likely has more info, but my understanding is this year the draw is a bit different in that they aren't going to chase anybody down if their CC is declined or some other issue with the application? They just toss em out, go back and pick an "alternate", could be why there are cards being hit today, they were picked as alternates?

20-Mar-17
Az. Website says "60% done" with processing payments. Don't know how accurate it is. Hasn't updated since Saturday.

20-Mar-17
I wonder if these Monday hits are Cabelas cards or others that don't display pending charges on their site?

20-Mar-17
Draw tag cards were hit Friday, maybe a few today. Then that data goes to the game branch where they compile the list of alternates, then those cards get run. They were hoping to finish the alternates by the end of this week.

20-Mar-17
"And to think some folks say it's hard for you AZ boys to draw:) "

Charlie,

I'm one of those folks! Hell, I didn't even get drawn for Javelina this year! I'm a goose egg for the first two drawing cycles. Come on Strip Deer in the July drawing!!

20-Mar-17
So there is still some sliver of hope for folks..... =D

20-Mar-17
See Zim. You said it was going to take you like 5 years to draw or something like that. I told you you'd draw in a year or two. Grats on your tag.

20-Mar-17
Yep, Zim is eating crow now! But he has an elk tag so he probably doesn't mind....

21-Mar-17
You know Bob confirmed my calculations that last year's 50/50 change extended the 16 point pool's wait for a top tier unit to 15 years. Add that to how long they have already waited = 31 years. For an elk tag, not sheep. Makes no sense that 36 folks didn't figure this out and jump ship. I have seen some post in forums that they jumped, but obviously not enough to bump us. Especially with the season dates, I feel like we robbed a bank with either unit.

21-Mar-17
It is official as it final showed up and isn't a drop in available credit. Whew---------ha

'03/18/17 AZ GAME & FISH DEPT 602-942-3000 AZ $650.00 '

Good luck, Robb

21-Mar-17
Congrats Robb any AZ tag with 3 points is a keeper!

21-Mar-17
Well loosing hope My charges showed up this morning For my Nevada hunting License I bought yesterday but nothing from Az when 8 points won't get you a lower ter tag things have changed 5 years ago 3 points would get you a tag that it looks like it mite take 9 or 10 now

21-Mar-17
I hate that freaking state.

21-Mar-17
BigDan, another Bowsiter friend of mine didn't draw with 8 points either. Pretty sure the same unit you applied for. It's crazy it has never stretched beyond 8 points in the max point pool.

21-Mar-17
Last time I drew it took 3 points and some guys from Wa drew it back to back the year I was there and the next year The had both the Hunters Ed point and the Loyalty point.

21-Mar-17
Folks with high points cashing in and not waiting out the high end units?

21-Mar-17
Same guys! Lol

21-Mar-17
Dan, hope it comes through. We would have struck out in Wy as well. Maybe I will see you in the breaks again this year.

Good luck

22-Mar-17
There's still NM, UT and NV.....

22-Mar-17
Got my fingers crossed for Utah & Nevada Don't do NM And I still Have Montana Moose, Sheep & Goat Rick I hope you can draw a back to back Breaks tag

22-Mar-17
Danny boy does "oh well there's always next year"ring a bell Lewis

22-Mar-17
Why not apply to NM? Better odds there, by far, than Utah or Nevada. Nevada your odds will drop every year as you accumulate points. For $13.00 you are crazy not to apply to NM.

22-Mar-17
Dan you already have 8 points built up? Seems like just a couple of years ago you and Bob were hunting unit 8!!!

22-Mar-17
I only have 4 going in I'm applying with my buddy lewis he has 12 next year we will be up to 9 two years ago you could draw 8 with 8

22-Mar-17
It took 12 points to draw 8 in 2016

22-Mar-17
None for me either??????????. Plann B..Buy a welder and build stuff..lol

22-Mar-17
I hate NM I would not ever apply there again I drew 15 the area they said was never rifle hunted just Bow hunted and Black powder the year I drew They gave the landowners 1500 rifle tags and the let them hunt in Aug. before the bow season started.

22-Mar-17
I'm glad there are stubborn people like you to increase my draw odds!! It's my favorite state to apply in. Random draw and cheap application, with a chance at awesome hunting! Can't beat it. Not to mention the New Mexico residents I've met while on my hunts down there have been some of the nicest people I've ran across in my life. Hope to return this year if the draw Gods are smiling down on me.

22-Mar-17
My buddy with 13 points didn't draw U27

22-Mar-17
"I hate NM I would not ever apply there again I drew 15 the area they said was never rifle hunted just Bow hunted and Black powder the year I drew They gave the landowners 1500 rifle tags and the let them hunt in Aug. before the bow season started."

Oh ya that would totally suck. I'd love to revisit my favorite low tier NM elk unit again, but since I got an AZ tag I have to pass. Good luck everyone else I think you just got an hour left to apply.

22-Mar-17
BigDan- Re NM. That must have been 2000. I had befriended an outfitter in Reserve and stayed at his place before we hunted. He was showing me all of the pics of big bulls in velvet that were killed in late July/August shot off of alfalfa fields.I don't know if the quality in 15 ever recovered.

22-Mar-17
Yep

22-Mar-17
May still be hope out there. My card got hit today.

23-Mar-17
No wiser u must hunt in different areas of New Mexico than I do. I have met great people in nm but it has some of the greediest landowners and outfitters on the planet

23-Mar-17
That being said I sure would like to go see the great people of New Mexico again this fall!

23-Mar-17
It was in 2006 when I hunted there. A warden told me about the early hunt I called in a lot of bulls but they were all Dinks never seen bull with 6 points

23-Mar-17

TD's embedded Photo
TD's embedded Photo

23-Mar-17
Swampokie,

I didn't deal with any landowners or outfitters. My #1 spot the first year I was down there looked good, but had a USO camp near it and the 1st season hunters, as they were leaving, told me about their shenanigans, so I hunted elsewhere. Every DIY resident hunter I met was just great. Willing to do whatever they could to help us whether that was giving us their extra water and gas as their trip ended, giving us a lift at the end of a long day, or telling us where they were hearing the most bugling. I've never hunted a place where the resident hunters were so friendly. Maybe I just lucked out. I've kept in contact with many of them - they send me green chile in the fall and I send them morel mushrooms and walleyes in the spring. I love it down there.

23-Mar-17
I just heard that cards are still getting hit and will for the next 2 days or so. I guess there is still a chance.

24-Mar-17
Portal still indicates "pending" Never give up hope LOL

24-Mar-17
Website shows payment processing is complete. I'd say its about go time!

24-Mar-17
I talked to AZGFD this afternoon and it sounded like they are shooting for the portal to be updated at some point next week.

25-Mar-17
That is good news as we need to know 1st or 2nd choice drawn!!

Thanks for the update SteveO

Good luck, Robb

25-Mar-17
I gave up and transferred my money out of the hunting fund and into the new tire fund last night. Looks like it's youth cow hunting for me this year. And maybe a Kaibab deer tag.

• Sitka Gear