Fuzzy 21-Mar-17
Fuzzy 21-Mar-17
Fuzzy 21-Mar-17
boothill 21-Mar-17
Packrat 21-Mar-17
bud 22-Mar-17
bud 22-Mar-17
17-Mar-17
Setting around watching the snow melt. Started string up some bows I've hunted with.just wondered if anyone wanted to post their pics of old bows they had thrill of victory and agony of defeat with. I pick one up sometimes and set in the chair and hold. Lot of memories running through my mind. Wife asks me something I look at her and say,What did you say. Put your pic on here and little info if you feel like it. Love to see some.

17-Mar-17

bud's embedded Photo
bud's embedded Photo

17-Mar-17
I hunt with compound bows too. Pics of old compounds more than welcome here. Had some old compounds I had great memories with also. I had one old ben pearson don't know what model it was. It had brackets the round wheels hung in that had cut outs of deer print in them. I left it up in the back dash of an old LTD I had while i was at church. When i got out the limbs had delaminated from the heat. I was out of a bow and season getting close. I was lucky to have two nickles to rub together at the time. The good old days. lol

19-Mar-17

Gulch man's embedded Photo
Gulch man's embedded Photo
Just a few of my memories. Started shooting in 1950 The aluminum laminate grizzly -second from left- is my favorite

20-Mar-17

MNRazorhead's embedded Photo
bud, I think the ben pearson you had was the model 210. I have been solely a trad shooter for almost 30 years, but shot compounds for 15 before that and love those old compounds from back then.

20-Mar-17

bud, I think the ben pearson you had was the model 210. I have been solely a trad shooter for almost 30 years, but shot compounds for 15 before that and love those old compounds from back then.

20-Mar-17

ahunter55's embedded Photo
ahunter55's embedded Photo
I started 20 years b/4 compounds took over (I joined a club & NFAA & bought my 1st real bow in 1956). I still have that bow, a 64" 45# Eddings Cadet that I killed my 1st biggame (yearling Doe) with in 1958. It hangs in my adult bowhunting sons home. I have had many a recurve over the years & many compounds after making the switch in mid 70s but kept few. I do have a 1989 Darton Compound my son-in-law uses at times. I now shoot both Longbow (bought in 2014) & Darton Compounds (1 DartonEx-Vegas for hunting & newer Darton Maverick for paper/3-D) I wish I had that BIG OL Leather quiver as a kid..

20-Mar-17
MNrazorhead thay was my bow LOL came out of church and was crushed. GULCH MAN nice pic I looked at it a long time. Only saw one aluminum laminate bow in my life. That old static recurve you have is cool. I have one with original string but didn't put in picture as I haven't killed any thing with it. It was given to me by an old timer. I might get a close up pic and put on here when I get back to WY. In Dodge City KS working this week and have truck loaded for archery opener in NE on Sat. Going to solo camp and hunt turkey Sat and Sun. ahunter55, hell of a nice quiver.

21-Mar-17

Fuzzy's embedded Photo
Fuzzy's embedded Photo
my son: with a +45 year old Wing Recurve, 50pound draw @28" cedar arrows, Zwickey Eskimo heads ........................................................ me: with a 20 year old "Frankenbow" (an old Oregon compounder riser I adapted Windwalker recurve limbs onto, in 1996) Carbon arrows, Montec G 5 heads................................... Newfoundland black bears both killed the same day. His shot was 17 yards, mine about 15 ...........................his recovery distance was 100 yards, mine 60 yards................................. his shot placement was a bit better than mine. Go figure.

21-Mar-17

Fuzzy's embedded Photo
Fuzzy's embedded Photo
Frankenbow

21-Mar-17

Fuzzy's embedded Photo
Fuzzy's embedded Photo
my ex with a small hog, 35#@28" Bill Kerner built osage/fiberglas longbow, Bear Razohead lites on Easton 2018 shafts. One arrow. The gal can shoot a bow.

21-Mar-17

Fuzzy's embedded Photo
Fuzzy's embedded Photo
Nick with the 50 pound Wing recurve again. Darned decent feral hog. Eskimo heads on Cedar.

21-Mar-17
bud, If you were in Garden City and not Dodge City I'd buy you a beer. What job are you working on over there?

21-Mar-17
Bud, Are you working on the new hotel or at the Soldier's Home in Fort Dodge? I have family in Dodge City and frequent the area often.

22-Mar-17
Work for Bnsf railroad. Foreman on construction gang installibg,new switches to increase amtrak speed. You can see our equipment from highway 50. East of town by Wright elevators.

22-Mar-17
Nice fuzzy. I'm sure that double with your son will be one you will relive for years to come. Whole of family are killers lol

• Sitka Gear